Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 11:01am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « sleep apnia in NFL linemen »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   sleep apnia in NFL linemen
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: sleep apnia in NFL linemen  (Read 470 times)
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

sleep apnia in NFL linemen
« on: Jan 4th, 2005, 8:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

an interesting segment has been aired on ESPN showing an increase in Sleep Apnia in NFL linemen as their size increases. It is suspected that sleep apnia may have contributed to Reggie Whites death hence the interest.
Since Sleep Apnia is sometimes associated with CH and since many NFL palyers suffer multiple concussions. I was wondering about the pervelance of CH in the NFL.
I do remember several players suffering Migraines although it was not well publicised at the time. Terrel Davis of the Broncos is the most recent I remember.
Anybody have an in with the NFL or sports writers that cover the NFL?  
Who knows this may be a way to get CH publicized.
IP Logged
Jeepgun

Email

Re: sleep apnia in NFL linemen
« Reply #1 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 12:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Interesting... My wife says that I scare her sometimes, because in the middle of the night, she says I only breathe like once a minute. But I sleep well and wake up refreshed, so maybe it's just normal for me. I don't know...
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 1:14pm »

Hmmmm............
Big fat black guys on steroids earning millions by suffering a muliple concussions in a very violent game business have sleep apnea and may have clusters?

I don’t think so.  
99% of the folks that have reported in here are white. Very few are big. Only a few are fatties. None are millionaires. Very few have had a concussion. And none work for the NFL.

Wink
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Tom K
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wait 5 days, but I'm angry now...

Paintba11z

« Reply #3 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 2:18pm »

One of the "players" on the Bears, using the term "player" losely, had CH.  Used to use Trex injex on the sidelines, IIRC.  Don't remember the name off hand but he "played" about 6-7 years ago.  His position was TE.  

T
IP Logged

"America, you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind. America, America."-Bart Simpson
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 3:02pm »

Bob G
Actually none were fat. One out of two was white and moneys got zip to do with it.
IP Logged
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 3:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

From what I've read, Reggie White was a good man and a clean player. Sad that he died so young...
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss