Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 1:01am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I dont care!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I dont care!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I dont care!!  (Read 1067 times)
Mattchew

Email

Re: I dont care!!
« Reply #25 on: Dec 16th, 2005, 4:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 16th, 2005, 4:37pm, floridian wrote:

Well, there is no real evidence that torture works, and lots of people with experience that say that torture is innefective and unecessary.  But it is fun!  

John McCain admitted that when he was tortured in vienam that he told them everything. Seems that it worked on him...............
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 16th, 2005, 4:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 16th, 2005, 4:42pm, Mattchew wrote:

John McCain admitted that when he was tortured in vienam that he told them everything. Seems that it worked on him...............

Rumor has it they made him watch re-runs of 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show',..................................................he must of been devastated.

Sean.................................
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 16th, 2005, 5:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Guantanamo tip tied to arrests of 22 in Germany

By Charlie Savage, Globe Staff  |  January 24, 2005

WASHINGTON -- Information obtained through the interrogation of a Guantanamo Bay detainee led to a spectacular series of counterterrorism raids in Germany this month, in which more than 700 police swept through mosques, homes, and businesses in six cities and arrested 22 suspected militant extremists, according to a senior Defense Department official.

The role of the Guantanamo interrogations in triggering the raids had not been previously reported. In Europe, the interrogations have been widely denounced as flagrant violations of international law, and many leaders have expressed concern over alleged abuses.

The United States is holding 558 detainees at Guantanamo, and some have been imprisoned for as long as three years. Officials say that only a quarter of the detainees still regularly meet with interrogators, but they maintain that that core group still provides valuable intelligence.

The German raids of Jan. 12 are the most extensive intelligence coup attributed to the operation. The sweep was the largest counterterrorism operation in recent months in Europe.

In the series of raids, German police seized computers, cellphones, large sums of money, counterfeit identity documents, and literature espousing jihad, or holy war.

German police and prosecutors also told reporters that portions of the suspected Al Qaeda-related network had been under surveillance by Bavarian authorities. They did not say how the alleged cell first came to their attention.

Army Brigadier General Jay Hood, who has commanded the Guantanamo operation for 10 months, confirmed last week there had been a previously unknown terrorist cell in another country recently uncovered by information obtained at the base. He provided no further details.

"We have [obtained information] in the last 90 days which has been of significant value to us and has been relayed as appropriate to allies who might also have an interest, and I'll leave it at that," Hood said.

A senior Defense Department official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, confirmed that the intelligence breakthrough led to the arrests in Germany. The raids have been considered particularly significant because the terrorists involved in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the United States had roots in Al Qaeda cells in Germany.

Hood said the US military has been interested in demonstrating the value of the interrogations at Guantanamo -- interrogations that he said have been undermined by adverse court rulings and the release of memos by FBI agents describing alleged abuses.

"I have provided through the chain of command specific examples where information gathered here has been of value to us and our allies in the global war on terror," Hood said.

He also said the operation has had many intelligence successes, including intelligence provided to US military forces operating in parts of Afghanistan, as well as information that contributed to a broader understanding of how Al Qaeda interacts with other terrorist networks around the world.
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

rickyshot
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

ouch

« Reply #28 on: Dec 16th, 2005, 6:26pm »

Give em Hell Jonny. I don't care either. God Bless our troops. Send me the email. I would love to forward this one.
IP Logged
Leesa
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 16th, 2005, 8:49pm »

Anymore the only thing worth watchin on the news is the weather report. Other wise just like most of us here "I DONT CARE" I care bout our troops and bringin them home SAFE!
Leesa, that dont give a rats ass anymore!!!  

PS: Pam, let me know when the season is gonna open!! I want some of that action!! Hunting we will go, a hunting we will go!!
IP Logged

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." General H. Norman Schwarzkopf Smiley
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 2:07am »

Even comtemplating condoning any kind of torture by us is something I thought I'd never see. To be sure, stuff like it has and will always exist BUT celebrating it, telling us how handy it is or that it can be used in certain circumstances, looks and is bad. Very bad. I can't imagine anyone, anywhere who was raised here even considering it.  

You cannot qualify torture. Western countries are supposed at least pretend we are better than this.

You know, acting like Beavis and Butthead isn't hard. It is stupid. The founders are turning over in their graves.  My horror at this is the best way I know to show my love for this country.

I can't believe we have to write a law to insure we practice what we have always preached.  

That's it. No more on this from me.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss