Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 7:57pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « anti virus leaches »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   anti virus leaches
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: anti virus leaches  (Read 351 times)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

anti virus leaches
« on: Dec 18th, 2005, 3:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey guys.....I got this email last nite and I don't even have McAfee !! I had a free version on the old computer and it needed updated via credit card and when I did online I could NOT get it. The link they have you log on there site to get to upgrade for my account wouldn't work and my brouser went haywire.Everything was 2 inches big. Nothing worked to get rid of it and then I went out and BOUGHT McAfee and it would not install. None of the installation process would complete or come up complete onscreen so I gave up. They state you can get a refund for the downloaded version if not satisfied or any of it for that matter I think....cd or whatever. So I called them and emailed them and even talked to live tech support. No answer and no refund......I explained in detail many times I just could not get it and it not compatable for whatever reason. All they would say in response was to log onto there site and download the updated version I bought with credit card.....could NOT get the dumb-asses to understand the link was not active.....my brouser was fucked from tryin to upgrade and I was giveing up !!!! Messed that thing up royal. So I take my losses.....and just got an email last nite they upgraded for me and charged me......huh ? I even filled out one of there surveys they said was VERY valuable to them and told the story and checked I was DISATISFIED with them and why and NO answer. Am I goin to get charged forever now for this mistake ? I still got stuck with cell phone bills I turned back in cuz of 700 bucks of HIDDEN costs but fineally got settled and got charged for the DSL box I sent back cuz I can't get it. I'm goin to call the number they give to hopefully get this account closed but I did that a year ago several DIFFERENT ways and look what happen'd !! I ended up uninstalling it about 5 times and even tried to reinstall several times and still the process was messed up and pages not totally load to install......fineally had to go thru it and uninstall some things by hand and got my brouser fixed and McAfee OFF here......but never want to try it again. Pissed full of joy Pam  Angry

Here's the email with conf. # blanked out by me......

Dear Bradley,

Thank you for being a loyal McAfee customer.

Based on your current auto-renewal status, we have renewed
your McAfee Security subscription(s) using the account
information we have on file. There is no action required on
your part.

Now that your subscription is current, you will be able to
continue getting automatic updates of the latest protection
files and upgrades for your McAfee product. Internet threats
are constantly changing and having a current subscription
provides you with the most up-to-date protection for your PC.

Name: Bradley King
Order #######
Date: 12/10/2005 2:58:33 AM

--------------------------------------------------
McAfee VirusScan : $ 29.95(USD )
Total Tax      : $2.10
Total Price     : $32.05

You saved  $9.05 as an auto-renewal customer

If you wish to cancel your McAfee service, we can provide a
full refund if cancellation is within 60 days of this renewal notice.

« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2005, 3:14pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Re: anti virus leaches
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18th, 2005, 3:13pm »

Call your credit card company and cancel payment -- that usually gets their attention....  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 18th, 2005, 3:21pm »

There ALL gettin calls tomarrow.....course McAfee's site said there hours and mentiond available cept for holidays so am figureing next week is a HOLIDAY ? I never did get them people to understand it was not compatable for me and have heard that can be the case with alot of programs of all sorts. So why didn't THEY get it......I worked on it a week or two and talked to live tech support so much they knew me by name. They all kept sayin the same thing......log on and download......duh why didn't I think of that stupdity. I don't think the tech support or people that answer the phones know a dam thing.....just reading a chapter out of a book on "what if"......if I can't get this resolved QUICKLY I am goin to stick pins into the CD I paid bucks for and turn it onto a voo-do-McAfee doll......which kind of metal pierces cd's best.........die monster die Pam  Sad
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2005, 3:22pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 18th, 2005, 11:05pm »

Coots... Check your IMs

'Bus
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 7:37pm »

Jus in case this happens to sumone else........can't get thru to McAfee....recording says they have a high volume of calls and that's it......no one is answering and you can't sit and wait on the line. So I emailed them AGAIN like many times last year......filled out a form that I do not want the product and also stated I told em that a year ago and never got a refund or anything or awknowledgement what so ever.....crashed my brouser and I don't want to deal with it again said and done. OK.....so........called the credit card co and have to file a dispute. Ya know what......I mite end up charged every dam year for this if I can't get some sort of response !!!! That's fucked up !!!!! McAfee never got back to me to cancel a year ago and sent them alot of emails and talked to live tech suport. Give until it hurts Pam  Angry Angry
IP Logged

Mattchew

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 7:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I had the same problem with Sony, I tried everyday for a week to talk to a human, I finaly ended up calling the credit card company, then I started getting billed to the house saying I was 3 months late and they were going to report me to the credit bureau.
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 8:40pm »

Talkin to anything would be better then a recorded message sayin there was a high volume of calls and not even able to stay on the line to get redirected or leave a message......I waited thinking I'd get anouther message to hold on for 5 or 10 minutes or other areas to go to......NOTHING.......NO OPTIONS. Pissed me off. But since they never awknowledged my emails from a year ago I dunn what makes me think this cancelation report I filled out is goin to be read or action taken by them. Can you tell credit card co's NOT to let people BILL YOU ? I mean if so people would be tryin to rid themselves of bills ligitamately owed. So guess that idea is shot to hell. Rip me off and roll me over Pam  Undecided
IP Logged

Mattchew

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 8:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

yes you can Cootie, they will give you a confermation number, if it shows up on your bill again you can call your bank with that code and it will be removed from your bill.
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 11:25pm »

I did tell the girl I talked to about my credit card charge NOT to ever let them do this again......but she just said happy holidays and that was it. So hopefully she jotted that down !!! Oh and hey......I jus got a notice from McAfee my subscription expired........guess they haven't caught up with themselves that they jus charged me for renewal. I checked and it says it can take up to 3 weeks or so for emails to get to them. I think they made a mistake.....I think it is more like 1 year and 3 weeks Pam

Careful with yearly subscription charged on credit cards.....it is NOT EASY to have them cancel'd like ya'd think !!!! Near impossible !!!
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss