Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 1:50am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I need help (not CH related) please oh please »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I need help (not CH related) please oh please
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I need help (not CH related) please oh please  (Read 566 times)
gore2424
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Camero's "RULE"

52473361 52473361   gore2424   gore2424
Email

I need help (not CH related) please oh please
« on: Dec 21st, 2005, 8:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi and good day or night to all I need help has anyone   heard of a web site based in Sweeden called "Spacecoin.com"
the reason I am asking is because on 12/10/05 someone on there used our debit/credit card to make an unathorized transaction for the amount of $506.25 USA dollars. I found out they have NO phone #'s to call and only way I found them was searching the web and found  
vendorsupport@spacecoin.com I emailed them wednsday 12/1405 and told them of my problem and they emailed me back thursday 12/15/05 and said they look into it and email me back on friday 12/16/05 or monday 12/19/05 and here it is Wed 12/21/05 and nothing so if anyone dont mind checking and see if you can find out anything would you please let me know on here or email me back if you will thank you Terry  I know I am asking alot on here not being CH related but I know there are a lot of you on here that are so good at finding things and not a "putor dummy" like me email is gore2424@aol.com
IP Logged

what the hamsalad was that ¿?¿
I said your hair looks nice Ü
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

Re: I need help (not CH related) please oh please
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 9:04am »

Gore, the FIRST thing you need to today is call your bank tell them of the unauthorized transaction.  They will cancel your debit card and issue you another one, the SECOND thing you need to do is contact the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and have a fraud alert put on your SSN. You can find information on their website at: http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft/

The website will give you info on how to contact the FTC and on any other steps you may have to take.  Clark and I had a problem with this very same thing, someone got a debit/credit card issued on our secondary checking account and we had never had a card issued on it.  Fortunately for us, there was no cash in that account, and the bank was suspicious when a $500 amount tried to go through at Payless Shoes.  We took the above steps and have not had any further repercussions, although we are required to watch it closely because Clark is military and has a security clearance.

Most banks will refund the amount that was spent fraudulently, but you NEED to take the above actions IMMEDIATELY.  Don't even worry about the spacecoins place until you have talked with the bank and the FTC.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 9:30am »

Good info Cat......

Here is the web site registry.........
Registrant:  
   Spacecoin AB    
   753 81  
   Uppsala,  
   SE  

Domain Name: SPACECOIN.COM  

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :    
   IP-Only,  
   registry@IP-ONLY.NET  
   St. Persgatan 6  
   Uppsala, 753 81  
   SE  
   Phone: +4618-843 10 00  
   Fax: +4618-843 13 99  

Record expires on 29-Oct-2007    
   Record created on 29-Oct-1999  
   Database last updated on 09-Sep-2005  

IP Logged

"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

Eventus stultorum magister.
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 10:38am »

I have a $7.95 charge on my account right now that I'm disputing with my bank.
It came from Apropos E Solutions in Lebanon, NJ.
I did a google search on it and LOTS of people are finding this bogus fraudulent charge.
I'm trying to see if the NJ AG will do anything....
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 11:00am »

What Cat said, Gore.  Nothing at all to get worked up about, though.

You are not liable for such transactions.  In fact, I would not even bother contacting the company that billed it if I were 100% certain it was bogus... I would simply tell my card issuer to remove the charge.  You do that at once.

On a good note, when you contest a charge, the merchant is hit with a 'chargeback fee', in addition to the original charge amount.
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 1:38pm »

Someone recently placed an add in our local newspaper for postal jobs.  It was a booklet supposedly to help you pass the postal exam for $10.  My son fell for it and they took everything in his account out $150.  He has filed a dispute with his credit union and closed out his account.  I feel so bad for him.  Tis the season to be riped off I guess.  

Sorry Terry that you are going through this.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2005, 1:38pm by Karla » IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #6 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 1:47pm »

on Dec 21st, 2005, 10:38am, vig wrote:
I have a $7.95 charge on my account right now that I'm disputing with my bank.
It came from Apropos E Solutions in Lebanon, NJ.
I did a google search on it and LOTS of people are finding this bogus fraudulent charge.
I'm trying to see if the NJ AG will do anything....

Hey Paul.

Apropos is one of the biggest and worst of the spyware/adware companies. I'm thinking that you may have a spyware problem and this could be related to it.
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
gore2424
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Camero's "RULE"

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 6:22pm »

wow Wow WoW WOW you all rock Ü thank you thank you last thursday when wifey checked bank account and seen over $500.00 was missing I went to credit union as soon as they opened and reported the unauthorized transaction to them they had me fill out an affidavid of credit card theft plus we wrote a "to it may concern" letter for all our creditors and had me call police and fill out a police report there too and cat I will certainly do the fraud alert on my SSN last Sept someone bought 2 watches from Kennth Cole in Chicago and was mailed to a Tenn address when person got watches he call Kennth Cole and told them he didnt order them so we got that $250.00 back in a couple of months but here is what I dont understand we didnt change credit union so wouldnt a big ole red flag come up when someone in sweeden made a $506.25 purchase ?¿? we are changeing banks the first of 2006 I take care of my 77 year old dad in town and he gave us $500.00 so we could cover bills already sent and make arangements to pay others with checks late so we had help keeping up on bills it just sucks this time of year is really bad on me I am chronic but H/A's in the fall contuied til now to run me down down down but you all lifted my soul and once again I cant thank you all enough for your fast  ideas replys love you all and special hugs for anyone that can make it to DavCon06 I am still living only 6 blocks from there and my best friend Dave has the OUCH model of Bills car all done sure looks sweet well got to go and thank you all Terry
IP Logged

catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 8:15pm »

Terry, I have to agree with you on changing banks.  My bank caught the theft and called me before I even knew it happened.  When they called, they weren't calling to say that a charge had gone through and overdrafted my account, they called to ask me if I had made a purchase for that amount to Payless, and when I said no, that account isn't even our active account, she said we noticed it was an out of the ordinary transaction for your account habits and it raised a red flag.  I was might glad to know they are watching.  They told us to contact the FTC, and because we are military if someone had our info and had tried to get cards or accounts issued in our name, it would have to be investigated through the FBI.  Contacting the FTC made sure that all proper authorities would be brought in if anything suspicious came about.  It also helps them track down the people who are buying/selling Identities.  With your report on file to the FTC, they can monitor your social for any attempts to open new accounts, and even have change of addresses monitored.  

With the recent losses of data by credit card companies, and in our case it was the employee of the securities company that does all the banks in the country's software and password info--this guy was selling the passwords and socials to a crime ring in Nigeria.  I understand it was the largest case of identity theft they have cracked to date.  Knowing that you have now had 2 incidents, it is a very wise move to have the fraud alert placed on your account.  It will also entitle you to a full and complete (and free) reporting from all 3 credit agencies, so you can go through and see if there are any accounts or activities that you didn't do.  It also alerts the credit reporting companies so that they will watch your SSN for any new accounts that are trying to be opened, and if anyone tries to make a change of address on an account.

I wish you the best of luck in this, and I"ll see you in Davenport!

Cat
IP Logged

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 9:51pm »

If you pay credit card bill and few others online does that mean your info can be stolen.....I don't have any info STORED on my computer but ebay has everyones credit card number and some of the bills I pay have the info even tho IF POSSIBLE I check for it not to be saved !!! I tried to log into my credit card account online and it won't take my password !!! I tried several times and it LOCKED ME OUT......so now I have to call the bank again. I got that cd in the mail yesturday which freaked me out with that notice THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER but since the envelope was torn  I am thinkin a bill or letter got lost out of it to EXPLAIN it. But why would sumone steal your account info and send stuff to that address ? They'd not get nothin out of it that way ? Had my ebay account taken over once and then I updated paypal when due but could not use it cuz they wanted it updated which I DID and went thru the link saved off there website and not one emailed to me. I'm startin to think MODERN age is catching up with us Pam  

I dunno if I will EVER get McAfee to stop chargeing my account for stuff......when I logged on last time it said I had no purchases to get updates. I forgot my password and they never sent it to me to try again off there web site in my account. I emailed them AGAIN and can not get thru to call. Was on hold a half hour yesturday MY DIME and hung up. Told the bank to block charges but already got that one but haven't had McAfee in over a year. Shit is gettin freaky !!!!
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2005, 9:55pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 10:04pm »

Terry... if you do nothing else, important in your lifetime do what Cat told ya. She's good like that.... besides she's right.

'Bus
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 10:31pm »

Pam with the recent events of lost credit card information and the bank software guy selling info, it doesn't matter if you are online or not.  Everyone out there is subject to identity theft.  Best thing to do is to get a credit report every year without fail, and if you suspect anything is going on, get one every 3 - 6 months.

Cat
IP Logged

gore2424
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Camero's "RULE"

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 12:12am »

Yes I am now going to get on the site cat gave me because I didnt go out to mailbox til 9pm tonite and there in my mail was 3 different companies all saying I was denied credit because of my lack of funds and bad credit rating one was from Dell, a credit card company , and last one from Office Max hummmm I thinking someone out there is trying to use my SSN or my name Damn I hate this crap but will right now after I post this go to the FTC website and fill out some forms as cat instructed so once again thank you all for your help Terry
IP Logged

cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 11:39am »

that sucks man , i had it happen once last year i had $75 dollar charge that was made from somewhere i freaking china ,i got my money back it took 3 months , lesson learned i will never use internet explorer again as long as i live its a haven for people that do this shit i use either firefox or a new one im playing with called opera both are free and way more secure bill gates is a thief and he shuold be held responsable for money lost due to his swiss cheese browser i cant belive he just got man of the year with bono i guess you can buy anyone and anything theses days. sad state of affairs.
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:13pm »

My credit card company calls me if I make a large purchase... AND... after 2 or 3 purchases in 1 day they ask me for my license... and its never an inconvenience... I want the whole pat me down if they think I need it.....anything for security today...love to you Terry sorry for your problems... Most banks cover your money up to 100000  Good luck....Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss