Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 16th, 2024, 3:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « shop Xmas parties »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   shop Xmas parties
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: shop Xmas parties  (Read 618 times)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

shop Xmas parties
« on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 12:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Do many of you have to go to shop Xmas parties or the significan't other's party ? Do ya have fun....look forward to it.......is it cool !!! I HAVE to go to one tonight at the other bosses house (Brad is small time part owner of the shop)......he has a deadline to be there cuz first you take the 'house tour'......they've moved several times and fix places up and get bored with them. They enter there houses in realetate of the month contests and get pics taken and put in a magazine for voteing stuff. And they are in a dinner club thing where they go to each others houses with a THEME dinner or travel to new resturants to 'check them out'. More or less 'impress me' kind of crowd. Wonderful people.....don't get me wrong.......I jus feel uncomfortable and awkward. Gawd forbid ya spill somethin or say sumthin stupid. Small shop so not alot of people but I know TOO much about all the guys and families and personal stuff. Kinda wierd even tho it is a very nice setup party and am sure this house is also picture perfect. I like cats on the counter......dishes in the sink.....stains on the oven door and beer bottles in the trash with log cabin style COMFORTABLE liveing. So I guess I am out of my league and it bugs me. We also have a seating arrangment for dinner.....and some sort of routine I am dreading. Not my crowd and shouldn't be that way cuz I get along with EVERYBODY. Guess I feel 'on the spot'.....maybe that is it ???? I can't really yuk it up too much like I normally do (NO burping) cuz I sure don't wanna be a fool. Found out we can not wear purfume or colonge.....wife is allergic. Had to go buy a new Xmas gift for her cuz I got her scented bath gel. We can drink some beer but only a 'couple' drink and positively NO smokeing. I figure cussing is out too. Guess I best go sort thru my evening gowns Pam  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Am I a party pooper or is it normal to feel so........corner'd at things like this ???
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

Re: shop Xmas parties
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 12:16pm »

Hey Coots---I don't exactly fit in with a lot of the folks I have to be social with, but I usually just go into it with humor (and a little pity) that some people's values can get so messed up.  
You are quite wonderful just the way you are, so just enjoy the hospitality, appreciate your own qualities, and don't give a hoot about saying the "wrong" thing.  If you're being honest and they can't handle it, tough.  If the subject matter gets touchy, just smile and nod a lot.  Grin
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 12:37pm »

on Dec 22nd, 2005, 12:03pm, cootie wrote:
I like cats on the counter......dishes in the sink.....stains on the oven door and beer bottles in the trash with log cabin style COMFORTABLE liveing.

Cootie, you and Brad are more than welcome to come hang out at our house instead if you'd prefer.  You've just described our lifestyle too.  Wink
We party in the kitchen, isn't that the way it's supposed to be?  You can burp and cuss all you want.  

You're not alone with your feelings, Pam - formality and phoniness leaves me cold, too.  Our office Christmas party is tonight, too and Mike's not too impressed that he can't wear jeans.  It's dinner theatre.   Roll Eyes  We're both looking forward to coming home and flopping onto the couch afterwards.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 1:12pm »

Gee thanks guys........how's long does it get to your house Margi.......hee-hee-hee.......my kinda place !! I have become so much more SET in my ways with my moto........no impression is better then a bad one.........that I can't shake it. I like all the people and all and known the other boss guy that basically owns the business for 30 years but we are very different......VERY. And it's kinda like stickin a wild animal into anouthers turf......an uncomfortable feeling no matter how ya look at it and no matter how good the surroundings are. These people are into the dinner theater thing and do that alot also. I am wearing my traditional black........I'm sure I'll be tired of Xmas carols when I get home too.....I can always go to Walmart for that Pam

This other boss guy also holds our future.......were not sure what his plan is for the small family owned shop.....he's the last one besides his sister (secretary) left and he wants out. We dunno if he will jus sell out or peices part the place out or keep it goin till him and Brad both retire and drop it or whatever. He wants 3/4ths a million for us to buy it (not gonna happen at this age or in this day and age) and too much we don't know bout runnin it. That's too much debt. So got that on my mind also. He wants to mow golf courses the rest of his life and retire early south. What about the rest of us ? Scarey thought.
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 4:55pm »

I understand Coots and you are one of millions.  

I guess in the long run that kind of thing does no harm and may be good for you. Lots of fun to be had afterward in any case.

You're welcome here. All I do is close doors on rooms as they become unlivable. I live in this cubby hole and part of my kitchen. Come on up and bring a hoe.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 11:33pm »

Just got home from the Xmas party......was a very nice dinner party....sittin after dinner in the dead quiet liveingroom TRYIN to come up with good conversation was a challenge. Rather AWKWARD......almost stressy. Always had issues with speaking in front of a strange crowd when EVERYONE is lookin at ya and I really don't have alot to add to alot of conversations when I don't know everyone REALLY REALLY well. Nice group but I was mentally drained when we left. I was the only one drinkin.....jus had two wine coolers. No lampshades on my head or dancein on tables Pam

Got into some CRAZY traffic on the way.....good grief I wanted to get out and walk ! Several swerveing semi's.....passed one and looked up and the guy had his dome light on and NO FREAKIN DRIVER !!! Hello !!!??? He was all over the road and I'd of never passed him in that traffic.....eeks !! He was layin across his seat diggin for sumthin on the floor.....all I seen was the very top of the back of his head !!!! Lovely start to my evening...... Tongue  
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2005, 11:35pm by cootie » IP Logged

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 12:20am »

Quote:
in the dead quiet liveingroom TRYIN to come up with good conversation was a challenge. Rather AWKWARD......almost stressy.

How about
"I got a really bitchin' tat on my butt last week. Wanna see it?"

or

" The meal was great but made me a little gassy. Anyone else?"

or

"Want to smell my feet?"
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 1:00am »

I suppose I could of brought up midgets and seen where the conversations led..........I was proud of myself I didn't stumble....fall.....spill anything......cuss burp or fart........tried hard not to say anything dumb and didn't say alot. I could of told them bout my new big tiger tatt I jus got down my side.......I'm sure the room would of gotten alot quieter and they all would of got bug eyed and farted by spontaneous reaction. None of em know about HALF of em let alone a new one.....Guess I "could" of been the fart of the party Pam  Shocked Shocked

PS: I have had 3 Xmas related events so far and missed one.....and have 4 of them this week.......this holiday has become a drug out nitemare and mentally and check book draining ! It's not a special holiday anymore cuz of it......one day is the way I liked it !
IP Logged

Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 6:48pm »

Just make sure you wear your "Best" leathers, and the rest will take care of itself. Wink

'Bus
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 7:08pm »

If we'd of been ridein I'd of worn leathers........but I did wear black !!! No sissy colors for this girl Pam  Grin
IP Logged

thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 7:20pm »

So I suppose the beer bong was out of order. Bunch of stuffed shirts I say. I like the comments: So I suppose the kegger is out of the picture. Good job holdin on to the gas. LOL Embarassed
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #11 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 11:50pm »

Live in a log home built in 1849 and love it.  Strange how friends and family seem to think we should live otherwise but we still love em' and get along with everyone just fine.   Enjoy yourself and let others enjoy your companionship because in the long run that's all that's going to matter.

Tom
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss