Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 5:23pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Very Strange Things Afoot Here »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Very Strange Things Afoot Here
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Very Strange Things Afoot Here  (Read 827 times)
Carl_D

Email

Very Strange Things Afoot Here
« on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 9:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I just did it again.
Like many people, I will look at my watch many times a day. Being an insomniac, I tend to look at it more (or is it OCD).  
For over a month now, almost every time I look at my watch (it is digital) the seconds are in the first nine (00-09). As it kept happening, I picked up on it and now cann't help but notice that 10 out of 12 times it will read 00-09. I told my sis in law Bec about it and have even looked at my watch a couple of times then showed it to her. They have seen me do this out of the blue.

What does it mean?

With all of the shit I have been through as of late, I have been frustrated and the past few weeks (since around thanksgiving) I have been majorly depressed. Though until just admitting it now, have done a good job of hiding it. The past week my leg has been doing better, but the clusters have gone mad this week! I recently went off alot of my meds which were probably doing more harm than actual good, and though it still isn't alot, have been achieving sleep 3 or 4 nights a week. But in the process I have been fighting everything and trying to get back on my feet again (literally). My Doc recently cranked the Verapamil due to high BP and it seemed to be cutting the beast in half until this week. He also doubled the HRT and I have been trying to work out (which has been hell to say it nicely). Now back to my original question.

WTF does the watch thing mean?

It just occurred to me after talking with a long-lost friend. A few years ago when I decided to start writing a book and had only birthed the thought, I met a girl on an msn alternative music group who lives across the river. We became friends and when I got the idea for the book and started on it, she was in college to become a screenwriter and a filmmaker. I told her the story idea of Wyatt, his headaches and such. She loved it and asked after reading a bit of it if once it was finished she could have a crack at writing the screenplay. I was overjoyed! Well, we eventually lost contact.

(continued in next post)
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Very Strange Things Afoot Here
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 10:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Quote:
What does it mean?

I think it means your seconds are stuck. Do you watch to see if it changes to 10? Then 11? Then 12? 13? 14? 15?

A movie about clusterheads? Cool! Can we all be in it?
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 10:14pm »

on Dec 23rd, 2005, 9:53pm, Carl_D wrote:
I just did it again.
Like many people, I will look at my watch many times a day. Being an insomniac, I tend to look at it more (or is it OCD).  
For over a month now, almost every time I look at my watch (it is digital) the seconds are in the first nine (00-09). As it kept happening, I picked up on it and now cann't help but notice that 10 out of 12 times it will read 00-09.

Since you are so conscious of your watch, maybe out of your periphery vision the flipping digital change to the new minute is sensed and you then look, seeing the seconds that come very soon after, 00-09.  That's all I got Carl.    
  Take it off, put it somewhere where you don't see or sense what time it is, go look at it after you have distracted yourself from time and see if the seconds are still in the same first ten, but many times to eliminate coincidence.  
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2005, 10:17pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 10:28pm »

I recently was contacted by my old bass player named Ian from a band I was in 14 years ago called "ZEAL" and we had offered me a gig making big moolah playing 60's & 70's rock, funk and 80's new wave. Unfortunately, my health went downhill and had to reject the offer. Well, I emailed Ian this week and we started talking again since I am somewhat better (not much, but taking advantage of it while I can) and seeing what's happening. He has a band going now, and we are gonna get together and hang out next week. I have also agreed to do a remaster of the old ZEAL demo for the both of us actually, and set-up a page for it on myspace.com.  

Now the revelation begins to the meaning of the 'watch thing'.  

Ian was talking to me yesterday and asked me if I knew a Cindy Copeland. I told him yeah why? He said "I'm on the phone with her right now and she says she knows you." I freaked! He gave me her s/n online and she messaged me. Ironically, I had thought of her recently and wondered whatever happened to her. It has been nearly 6 years since we lost touch. We chatted for awhile, both of us excited to find one another again and I revealed alot about the book to her. She then proceeded to tell me she finished school for film, and about a film project she is currently working on. I joked and said "If you ever need an old, fat bald guy with a goatee as an extra let me know." She asked how old I am now and I said 35. It turns out she is holding auditions for her new film "Purple Room" and one of the characters needed is a 35+ age man to play the Reverend during a memorial service. Hmmm. She told me to come to the audition at Webster University on January 9th. She loved my pics on myspace and said I'd have a shot at it.  
She is also interested in my book "Beyond the Shadow" and thinks perhaps our running into each other may not be just a random coincidence. I was thinking the same thing at the same time she said it. I then looked at my watch. I'll bet you can't guess where the seconds were...

00!!!

It occurred to me that, I have been making alot of changes. I have been through alot of rough shit and looking for solutions. I recently decided to learn webdesign and pooter programming as an option for a home-based business and have begun filling out a fafsa for school since I can do alot of courses online. I've also been working out, making dietary changes and basically 'cleaning house and taking inventory' so to speak.  

I feel like it is time to re-set! To start over in spite of the shit that is happening to and around me. It is time to put "Beyond The Shadow" to bed so I can start my next book "Maximillian Stone". It's time to get a new recording finished! It is time to prepare for the future in the event I should live to see it. I think that is what my watch is telling me. RESET! I know that sounds fucked up, but it is the only logic I can find in this oddity. What is stranger is it ties in with the only 'serious' new years resolution I have made in years: To get my life back.  

Ironically, I have written some skits and sketches, some serious and some comical (remember Star Trek: The Jackass Picture?) and Cindy is looking for a writing partner for story ideas for both films and short-films. I too have been searching for a writing partner for both stories and also music. We are also both a part of the myspace.com cult, lol. So, we are getting together here soon and who knows where it will lead. Also, if I get the role as the reverend, it will be my first serious acting role. Not sure if I can be serious for longer than 5 seconds but I'll try.  Grin

Things may not pan out as bright as they look now, but when you have hit rock bottom - the only way out is up!

Peace, and Merry Christmahannukwanzikaa to everyone!
Carl
IP Logged
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 10:33pm »

on Dec 23rd, 2005, 10:08pm, BobG wrote:

I think it means your seconds are stuck. Do you watch to see if it changes to 10? Then 11? Then 12? 13? 14? 15?
A movie about clusterheads? Cool! Can we all be in it?

Yes, it does move. LOL.  
Actually, the only stipulation I have with my book becoming a movie (regardless if an unkown or Tarantino gets ahold of it) is I get to co-direct the cluster attack sequences. I want no fame or fortune (though it would be nice) but if a movie is made based on the book, I want the cluster attacks to be as real and spot-on as possible!

Though there is the idea of idea of having a couple of actual clusterheads riding out real attacks as bit parts in the film. That would be cooler than cool.

Of course making a movie about this is just a dream right now, but then again - so was the idea for writing a book.

IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 10:07am »

Good to see you so positive and brimming with enthusiasm!
Have a wonderful Christmas ya ole fart!
love
Helen X
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

floridian

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 12:57pm »

Carl,  

Merry Chrismukah, glad to hear some things are looking up for you. That thing about the seconds is weird.  I know I wake up and get hit every morning at the same time to within a minute when I am in cycle, and my cycles are at the same time of the year.  I have no idea whether there are biological clocks for the seconds, but there are for the hours and months - maybe there is a short term clock that can synch up with a watch, and you get a time-concern thought at the top of the minute.  Mind boggling stuff ....

Catch you later, PF vibes.
IP Logged
Mattchew

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 1:06pm »

get a new watch
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 1:43pm »

get a Barbie watch and then ya won't keep lookin at it all the time..........pretty in pinkies Pam  Cool
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 2:17pm »

Gotta get a pocket watch Carl. Lots of them made out there in times past.  Cool

You do sound good Carl. Christmas agrees with you.

Charlie
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2005, 2:18pm by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
yikes-another-one
New Board Old Timer
USA 

dancenshout2002   joyflheart2004
Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 4:08pm »

"Nine denotes completion and that you are on a productive path. Rebirth, inspiration and reformation. You are seeking to improve the world."

this from the web sight  www.dreammoods.com

way cool that you can relate, and are inspired!!!
Happy NEW year (rebirth???)

hahahahhaha

TJ
IP Logged

Psalm 23 - Goodness and mercy shall follow US all the days of our lives and WE will dwell in the house of LOVE forever.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 4:43pm »

on Dec 24th, 2005, 1:06pm, Mattchew wrote:
get a new watch

LMAO Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

ccbiggsoo7
New Board Veteran

« Reply #12 on: Dec 25th, 2005, 7:54pm »

ground hog day maybe! Wink
IP Logged

chris
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 26th, 2005, 12:23am »

Ok Carl (same birthday as me for people that don't know)..... I also notice numbers.....  
  Long before people were saying 11:11 make a wish.  11:11 was an important time in my life and for different reasons but mostly negative.  I used to notice when I would look at the clock on the computer or the digital clock it would be 11:11... it was just weird...  
  After I had Scott I became pregnant and was excited to find that I was due to have the baby on 11/11... I lost that baby at 16 weeks into the pregnancy (4 months for you non mathmeticians) Years pass still looking at the clock all the time seeing this 11:11~ wondering what meaning it had~~ Then again fate happened on 11/11/85 driving home from the Chanel night club Boston Ma., in an ice storm I got into a bad accident.  I then became superstitious... I didnt leave the house on November 11th for the next few years until I had to because on 11/11/91  a close friend died...  Still always noticing I would look at the clock at 11:11, wake up in the night at 11:11... I thought it was just me. Then all the hype starts~ the cosmos~ the stars~ something special about 11:11~~~ I thought I invented 11/11~~
  Of course, in 1994 Scott became a soldier first and Veterans day 11/11 became a special day. I sort of gave up the superstion and for a long time I thought I had it beat... til this year when my Mom died on 11/11....
You may all call it coincidence, I think not... I didn't even know what the date was until I was on the way to the hospital not knowing my Mom was to die before my very eyes when I got there... Life is just strange and we all have our mysteries to unravel.   Good luck with yours Carl... I know I will be snuggled up in a blanket with a good book next November 11th.... its just plain bad luck for me~~~love ya buddy  Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 12:13am »

YAY! BOO! YAY!....... Grin

Quote:
and Merry Christmahannukwanzikaa to everyone!

Is there a vaccine for that? Cheesy
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #15 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 9:15am »

OH NOES!
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
Wendy

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 10:17am »

on Dec 24th, 2005, 1:06pm, Mattchew wrote:
get a new watch

And stop thinking soooo much, sometimes its better to just BE for awhile? Sounds like your new friendship is what you needed. Be well Grin my friend
IP Logged
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 10:29am »

Get a sun dial...merry christmas and a happy new year.
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

ccbiggsoo7
New Board Veteran

« Reply #18 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 12:00pm »

this happens to me every time i look at my gas gauge, it always seems like it is on E ! Coincidence !
IP Logged

chris
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 12:19pm »

Carl---lay off the crack, dope, shrooms, booze & coke or whatever else you are using. You are reading WAAAAAAAAAY too much into this.
TomM

Edit to add: You have a very good internal time clock; that is all.
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2005, 12:20pm by TomM » IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 2:52pm »

dont let em tease ya carl  we aries/taurus cusp peeps are deep... they are just jealous cuz they don't see past their own hand.....

be well......ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
john_d

Email

the yeRe: Very Strange Things Afoot Here
« Reply #21 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 5:37pm »

Same here, a couple of years ago it seemed like my watch was stuck on 4:20 for close to a month, if I remember correctly, which I may not considering that month.  Thankfully it was just a phase, now it's just the occassional beer-thirty.
IP Logged
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 6:23pm »

talking about numbers..............I was sitting in English  one day and watched the clock tick to 1:23 45 sec on the 6th day of the 7th month of '89. Damn that was a long time ago............................
IP Logged
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 12:26am »

LMAO!!!

What is funny is, I don't look at the watch, wait 2 minutes and look again. I can be going about my business and just look at the time and it occurs. I wouldn't have thought anything of it if it didn't keep happening. And yes, I am both way too emotional and also read too deeply into things. I always try to find the meaning of everything. Just part of my inquisitive nature. The watch isn't broken, and occasionally will be in the later digits, but more often than not are in the first five. I can't attribute it to severe sleep dep, as I have got sleep lately. It isn't drugs, since I'm not on any. It is just some weird thing that keeps happening and now everytime it does I just laugh my ass off.  

Today has been very odd. I got nearly 6 hours sleep for the night, and when I poured my milk into my Rice Crispies they said "Snap crackle fuck you". I think they are just jealous of my naturally curly hair.  Grin

And I agree Ree. We Aries/Taurus are special.  Wink

Maffu - The exact same thing happened to me, only in '86, it was math. Or was it science? I'm not sure. We were too busy making fun of the teacher. Okay yes, it was math. LMAO.

Peace and Merry New Year,
Carl
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss