Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 3:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Florida Keys area info »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Florida Keys area info
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Florida Keys area info  (Read 509 times)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

Florida Keys area info
« on: Dec 27th, 2005, 12:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Does anyone live near the keys ? Not askin so Brad can HORN in on your privacey but just help get better inform'd of the area. His nephew is gettin married at Coconut Cay Resort and Marina in Florida near the Keys end of Jan.......well Brad is thinking about goin to it and will jus be a weekend fling.......goin to take his older sister that cares for his mom....fly down and rent a car to the resort. But......guess the hotel rooms are OUTRAGIOUS this time of year and so is air fare. He has alot of stress at work (not knowin how long the shop will survive has him FREAKED).....so he made his mind up to go to this wedding for a mini vacation away. Anyone know of nice simple room and board or bed and breakfast places CLOSE to this resort more affordable he jus can't find online ? Or where is the best air fare deals.....it's in Sombrero beach in Marathon Florida. So far he is lookin at over a GRAND for the 3 day venture and that is maybe not gonna work esp if ya are uncertain of the future. (his shop is doin ok rite now.....but issues are coeming up with the other guy I won't get into). OK......any help or advice would be MUCH welcome'd. He was surfin the net on SLOW DIALUP lookin for cheaper lodgeing since he has no plans to be in the hotel cept to sleep anyhow and flights. They had offer'd discounted rates for the wedding party but had to reserve rooms by Sept and he wasn't sure he could go back then. Suma them rooms were 80 to 250 bucks a nite tho !! I think now there double or triple since he missed the deadline. I told Brad I'd ask ya'll..........(any 'Bates' motels around).... maybe sumone direct him better then what he is finding online. Guess it is a 1 to 2 hour drive from the airports too. Kind of a stress mess....they are haveing 3 weddings......this is number two which I think is odd cuz of the time of year and HIGH DOLLAR down there this time of year and everyone TRYIN to go. If no answer call me in the morning Pam
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2005, 1:01pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

yikes-another-one
New Board Old Timer
USA 

dancenshout2002   joyflheart2004
Email

Re: Florida Keys area info
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 4:20pm »

The Keys are all resorts, and outrageous
but Homestead is just an hour or two drive from the  north...have you checked there?
(US hwy 1 is the only road to check, I'm not sure if
you were looking for Days Inn or Motel 8 also?
Depends on if you just want a bed or a whole pool thing...as beaches are plentiful...but then again so is the jellyfish....

this time  of year is great...60 at night
and still 80 during the day.  Don't pack boots or gloves.
just sweatshirts/light wind breaker jackets....and Denim long pants....wink...

It's about an hour up to miami from Homestead, too
so it makes a good middle point...if you wanted more than just the keys....
IP Logged

Psalm 23 - Goodness and mercy shall follow US all the days of our lives and WE will dwell in the house of LOVE forever.
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

Re: Florida Keys area info
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 4:43pm »

Thanks for the info......Brad is jus lookin for a small hotel near the resort for him and his sister and nothing fancy cuz he will get to do whatever at the restort where the wedding is. He wanted to fish off the beach I do know that but not sure how much free time he'd have cuz he won't be there but a few days. They offer'd wedding party discounts on some rooms but deadline was Sept. and he wasn't sure at that time if he could go. So he's not sure if he can bunk with someone or if there is anything at the discount rates available now cuz of the deadline he missed. One room area is big and will house 8 people but I think the friends of the groom have that.......younger crowd probly hittin the beer bongs and doin shots dancein on tables runnin around nekked. Brad can handle all that but probly NOT his sister......(not!!!) !! Rite now it isn't look good for him to go.....rooms now are probly a paycheck a nite. He jus wants to do the wedding and do the beach. He could care less if the room has anything other them a bed and toilet. I'm jus tryin to get some ideas for him to check into and other areas near that resort. Where is the best site to find airline tickets ?? I'm not goin......no fly me Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss