Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 9:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « MRI'ism »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   MRI'ism
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: MRI'ism  (Read 527 times)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

MRI'ism
« on: Dec 28th, 2005, 11:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I called my insurence co about the MRI my doc had 'wanted' if I can swing it on my lower spine...only have a few days before it roll over for the FULL deductable again......insurence co told me I have met 320.00 of my 500.00 deductable and it will pay 80 % of the MRI.....the lady said I am really close to my deductable to make it more affordable !? Course she also added before I hung up they will ONLY pay 80 % on what they THINK the total bill SHOULD BE not what I am charged. I said thank you for the confusion and hung up. Last one cost me 600 bucks out of my own pocket and got a feeling this one would be a WHOLE LOT MORE. We don't need anuther bill rite now.....so guess I will pass. Doc will be cool with it for a while "I HOPE"........costs of tests and all that hospital jazz rediculous priceing is more of the reason for blame of what we get stuck with sumtimes then the ins co's shit. This has jus got to stop.....Ripped off in OHIP Pam
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2005, 11:48am by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: MRI'ism
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 1:26pm »

Hobbling around on a bum left knee for the same reason, Pam.  There's no way I can afford the bill to have it looked at, let alone fixed.

...broken people...Gator

IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 1:38pm »

Ask if xrays are an option.  You would be amazed at what they show.  And are genereally cheaper than an MRI.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 3:17pm »

We have something here called a Medical Aid, I think it is similar to your Health Insurance but for the life of me I do not understand how the system works.

The cost is about $606 pm for 2 adults and 1 child, this package ineffectively means that the Medical Aid should pay fully for all medical costs incurred but...

I still pay a percentage of everything
There is a roof limit, although the package states none, so one bright shadowy day you get the bloody prescription eventually from your doc and the Medical Aid informs you you're over the limit???
They will still pay any doc's consulting fees from this day on but no meds???
You are still welcome to go for the most expensive surgery, scans, etc. (Yea, if you pay the excess.  Just like having your bloody car panelbeated!)
Please call them and inform them before you have an accident otherwise they are not liable to pay the costs.

Always bloody frustrated... not PMS anymore... maybe Menopause???

NO, the cause is the bloody Medical Aid! Huh

« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2005, 3:19pm by Jasmyn » IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 6:21pm »

Hate our health care system kids.  

So far my criminal HMO will pay the whole works only on stuff they stick up my butt.  

Figures.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 7:04pm »

thing is we have 'decent' insurence tho.....but.....they will only pay 80 % of what they feel I should be charged.....add that with the 200 odd bucks of my deductable left to meet and I mite end up owein a PILE ! Esp if a spine MRI takes longer it will cost more.......my neck was about $ 1,400 total. I paid 600 bucks out of pocket and ins paid the rest but that was about 2 years ago. So if they overcharge I am stuck and I think this overchargeing is WAY out of control......even with ins you go into hock. I jus don't want to run up a bill like that rite now.....bad timeing. Already had exrays so at least doc has that.....but to treat and prescribe meds for things now days the doctors gotta be SURE they didn't miss sumthin or have a reason to give you what they do.....too many sue happy people out there. Luckily my doc is pretty cool and not MADE me do the MRI yet but with strict laws on prescriptions for some things and people who abuse them or sell them it costs us HONEST people to where we have to suffer or let things go. It just pisses me off. So I have a bigger gaunlet to go thru Pam  

Anyone know what a spine MRI runs ? My mom had 3 MRI's recently and ins paid every penny but the total cost was almost 4 grand !  Shocked
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Annette_Emond
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Family Member

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 8:00pm »

Get on the phone- first to the clinic who will be doing the MRI and ask them what amount they will be billing your insurance for this test.   Then call your insurance member services number on your card.  Ask them what amount is the "contracted" price for the MRI.  You should only have to pay what is left of your deductible plus 20% of the 'contracted' price.    
Also, certain tests may fall under a different area of your plan and may only cost you your copay regardless- make sure you ask member services that question too.  Make sure you ask the MRI clinic if they accept assignment from your particular insurance- if they do it means that they will NOT bill you over and above the contracted price for whatever they would really like to charge for the test.   If they don't accept assignment, ask your doctor to look for another facility that does.
Hope this helps ease your mind.  

Annette

PS-  Dave just had an MRI recently, he just got his portion of the bill and it was only 80 dollars- but that's Medicare.
IP Logged

Happiness runs in a circular motion..
you can sometimes come back around to what you thought was done.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss