Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 3:34am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My latest orthopedic mess! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   My latest orthopedic mess!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My latest orthopedic mess!  (Read 2077 times)
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

My latest orthopedic mess!
« on: Dec 28th, 2005, 5:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well...I went to my orthopedic yesterday because I started having some pretty severe wrist pain a couple of weeks ago which is now radiating up to my elbow.  I've had a little bit of numbness and tingling in my left 4th and 5th fingers, but not too much of that, fortunately.  The orthopedic I went to is one that we've been going to in our family for awhile - not the one I go to for AVN.

Looks like I may have torn some cartilage in my wrist as well as developed tendonitis.  How I did this - I have no clue!  It just started hurting one day....sheesh....  I had an x-ray in the office, but now I need to have an MRI and arthrogram in order to find out exactly what is wrong with it.  Never had an arthrogram before, but looks like it's just an MRI with dye injected.

I'm gonna go back inside my bubble now...  LOL  Think I could get worker's comp for this?  j/k Wink
IP Logged

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 11:39pm »

I've had tendonitis before.......never was sure exactly what caused it at the time....it jus flared up. But then hanging onto a 1200 lb horse with one hand for hours on end prolly had SUMTHIN ta do with it....ya think ? But I didn't feel that I tore anything or nuthin 'at the time' like I said.......so that stuff is a mystery. Good luck with the tests.....can I sneak my back in with yer wrist MRI.....think anyone would notice ? Just tell em there was sum sorta shadow on there of of the 'maid cootie'......mite get sum bucks for it Pam  Cool Cool Cool Cool
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

Re: My latest orthopedic mess!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 11:58pm »

Hi Lizzie
Have a look at this link.

Kind Regards
Barry
  www.fhshealth.org/DI_proced/arthrogram.html
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 11:08am »

Coots - Sure...we'll knock out the stupid MRIs together! Wink  Last night, I was supposed to take a baby to MRI at just around midnight, and I was thinking, "hmm...I'll just get mine while I'm here....she's tiny, I can fit too..."  hahaha  But then, thank goodness for large favors...we had to change plans and she didn't go to MRI.  I had tendonitis in my right arm a few years ago - but that was when I was practicing piano 5-7 hours a day.  This is now my left arm, and I really can't even think of what I do that would cause it!  Weird...

Barry - Thanks for the link - I actually saw that one when I googled to find out what the arthrogram actually is!  Very informative Smiley  

I'll call and get it scheduled after this week - just have to get through 3 more 12 hour shifts first...!

Carrie Smiley
IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 5:19pm »

on Dec 28th, 2005, 5:21pm, Lizzie2 wrote:
I started having some pretty severe wrist pain a couple of weeks ago which is now radiating up to my elbow.  

That would completely fuck up my sex life for damn sure, but thats just me....LOL Grin

Hope ya feel better, Kid Kiss
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 5:27pm »

on Dec 29th, 2005, 5:19pm, Jonny wrote:

That would completely fuck up my sex life for damn sure, but thats just me....LOL Grin

Kiss

Hey Hans Solo, what you're doing is not a sex life.  laugh
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 5:31pm »

on Dec 29th, 2005, 5:27pm, BobG wrote:
Hey Hans Solo, what you're doing is not a sex life.  laugh

Dont rub it in (opps!, did I just say that?....LMAO laugh )
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Goblin
New Board Veteran
USA 

ooops

« Reply #7 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 5:34pm »

Get a grip on your self man!!! Grin Shocked laugh
IP Logged

Don't sweat the small stuff.
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 6:48pm »

When I started workin part time at Brad's shop I developed it BAD.....all the way up to my elbow......my arm was swollen and so were my knuckles and couldn't hardly hang onto anything let alone do all that lifting I was being paid $ 5.25 for an hour. I had to run this big cutter machine and then handle heavy handfuls of paperstock and load into boxes tight. Then seal each box and stack them up 9 wide on the floor up to over 5 foot tall. Doc said it was tooo much for my size type repititous work and if your muscles get tired or wore out your tendon's can't take the load to compensate so they get irritated and swell and can even tear off bone if pushed. Guess muscle is made to glide and move with less friction then tendon material. I'd never make a rodeo hangin onto a mule Pam  Cool

Brad fired me....so to speak......it was grunt work anyhow and the money wasn't much worth the wear and tear ! He was pretty concern'd about it.....it looked bad when swollen.
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss