Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 2:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I found Aussie Brian....... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I found Aussie Brian.......
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I found Aussie Brian.......  (Read 1559 times)
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

I found Aussie Brian.......
« on: Dec 28th, 2005, 8:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It seems while he was on holiday he kissed a princess Grin ....and he has lost a friend.

http://media.putfile.com/Shaz_Baz

Thanks to Barry for the video  Wink

Sorry, dial uppers  Cry
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

Re: I found Aussie Brian.......
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 8:45pm »

Oh Yes I do like, your wicked. laugh
Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #2 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 10:34pm »

And a big g'day to one and all.  

It really was a fabulous holiday but it came as a shock seeing all those white fellas after eight months straight in an entirely black community.  Before I came here I'd always regarded ch.com as my escape from reality, yet by the time I left it had become my one real link with the outside world.

Got to spend my 50th birthday with my mother which was important for a number of reasons.  Chiefly because nobody ever expected me to last that long but also it was the first time I'd seen her since we lost Dad.  He was such an important person in our lives and we miss him terribly but this seemed to soften it a little.

Also got to spoil the grandkids just a little and hand them back whenever their nappies needed changing, then met up with my brother and that's a night I'll never remember.

Now back happy and relaxed on my little tropical island and what a bloody schemozzle.  Moved directly into the new house and want for nothing except electricity, gas, water, telephone and furniture but it's a wildlife lover's paradise - so long as you love mosquitos!  Fair dinkum, the big ones tried to lift me up to take home to the little ones.  

On the brighter side there's a day-moth more beautiful than any I've ever seen, an osprey who dines on top of a dead palm not 20 paces away, what must be the world's biggest preying mantis on my lounge-room ceiling, and an orange-thighed tree-frog in the toilet (puts a cold little hand on your bottom when you least expect it).  The night sounds are quite unbelievable and there's fist-size land crabs scuttling round the steps.

I'm using a friend's computer just this moment so my access is somewhat limited but I'll certainly be in touch whenever possible.  Just be sure that if I get my New Year's wish there'll be no such thing as CH by January 1!

Cheers and beers,

Brian.

IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 10:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 28th, 2005, 10:34pm, AussieBrian wrote:
.  Moved directly into the new house and want for nothing except electricity, gas, water, telephone and furniture but it's a wildlife lover's paradise - so long as you love mosquitos!  Fair dinkum, the big ones tried to lift me up to take home to the little ones.  

On the brighter side there's a day-moth more beautiful than any I've ever seen, an osprey who dines on top of a dead palm not 20 paces away, what must be the world's biggest preying mantis on my lounge-room ceiling, and an orange-thighed tree-frog in the toilet (puts a cold little hand on your bottom when you least expect it).  The night sounds are quite unbelievable and there's fist-size land crabs scuttling round the steps.

Nice to hear how the better half lives..........sounds like a paradise.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 10:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Never a dull moment, eh Brian? Grin

So glad to hear you're content and happy.

Smileymel
IP Logged
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 11:59pm »

Man Brian... that sounds off the beaten path... like paradise.  How soon will you have my room ready?
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 2:52am »

Hey Mr Brain!  A Happy New Year to you and get a bloody generator so you can start with that book.

Thanks Barry and Jonny for the riveting video Cool Grin
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Cathi04
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 8:18pm »

Well now, Brian, That does seem to be the height of luxury..tell me, do you have to pay that little orange frog to reach out and touch, or will he do it voluntarily? I mean, is this all-inclusive, or what???
Happy Birthday, Happy New Year and welcome home......
Cathi
IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 10:10pm »

It's all inclusive Cath and yes, Rocky, your room's ready and the beer's on ice.

Sitting on the front step for 30 minutes this morning  with the mosquitosaurs and a cuppa I saw an osprey, great egret, intermediate egret, fan-tailed cuckoo, Torresian crow, satin flycatcher, yellow sunbird, common sand-piper, masked plover, greenshank, ruddy turnstone, white-breasted sea eagle, whistling kite, wimbrel, and an ecclectus parrot.

Ah, birdwatching for the rich and lazy.  Bestest is that I've now got electricity and even the water's turned on for an hour twice a day.

Bloody paradise, mate, and everybody's welcome.  Even Jonny!
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss