Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 8:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « So So Sad »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   So So Sad
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: So So Sad  (Read 3844 times)
alchemy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

get out of my head

Email

So So Sad
« on: Dec 29th, 2005, 3:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I know this is a couple of days late, but I can't get over the shooting in new orleans. one guy with a knife and thirty cops with guns. they killed him because they were afraid for their lives. i think maybe wounding him could have ended it. they didn't know how many times he had been shot or how many cops shot him. yeah he killed someone but i think it's pretty embarrasing that the cops were afraid. they weren't even close to him. he was on one side of a car and they were on the other. i know i'm probably wrong feeling this way but i can't see how they can justify this.   crazy jim
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

Re: So So Sad
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 3:51pm »

that's just crazy jim
 Undecided
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
chewy

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 4:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
yeah he killed someone but i think it's pretty embarrasing that the cops were afraid.

So the cops shot him? How thoughtless of them.
IP Logged
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 4:04pm »

If you were in those cops shoes, you'd have done the same thing.  
To me it's simple math:  
Cops say drop your weapon + you don't listen = Pay the consquences. Too bad.  
I agree, it is sad.
TomM
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2005, 4:05pm by TomM » IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 4:05pm »

Jim, there are a lot of crazy things going on right now in New Orleans and in Louisiana as a whole. I'm not in New Orleans, but things are not "normal". We weren't there, so all we know is what we see on the news. There's probably more to this than has been broadcast.  

I don't know if it was right or wrong, but let's keep an open mind. I'm sorry anyone has to die right now, but as I said, things are not normal right now.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 4:43pm »

If anyone wants to feel sorry for someone....feel sorry for this poor bastard  Cry

http://www.steakandcheese.com/downloads/The_Plunge_Of_Death.wmv
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 5:17pm »

It is a shame that someone had to die but

Sliced-up and maybe dead cop(s)

or

dead murder.

With their lives threatened by a nutcase that has already killed at least once, the police don't have the choice of "Let's just wound him. Then if he doesn't stop we'll wound him a little more until he does"
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 5:33pm »

What do you mean plunge of death?  It was nothing short of a miricle.  The woman was on the news the other night and she survived that fall.  Don't know how she did it but she did.
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2005, 5:34pm by Karla » IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 5:36pm »

on Dec 29th, 2005, 5:33pm, Karla wrote:
What do you mean plunge of death?

I dont name the videos, I just copy and paste them and that was the description of it, thank you very much! Roll Eyes
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

alchemy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

get out of my head

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 6:08pm »

believe me there is no sympothy for the guy, i just think it's sad shit gets so out of hand and death ends up the only option.
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 6:52pm »

Fear breeds fear.....and even with animals excitement can give a mixed up signal to the rest of the pack and turn to aggression. Instinct over reason usually applies Pam

The guy shouldn't of murder'd anyone.......he would of spared himself....his family......the cops and there family and the rest of the world it has now 'stirr'd up'.....call it like it is......
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 6:57pm »

I havent read any of the news on this, but did the cops even try tasering his ass to the ground?
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

PL259
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #12 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 7:18pm »

Yup sad that anyone has to die. Damn glad it was not a cop.

3rd party video tape doesn't always show everything. How many innocent bystanders were at risk? Lots of questions, he was mentally unstable, many bystanders knew this, why didn't they tell the cops so the special unit could be called. Street officers in New Orleans don't carry bean bag shot guns or tasers, special response units do. I am just glad they all went home safely.  

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-4/1135839766 161300.xml

maybe the link will work.
IP Logged

I don't really exist.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 7:25pm »

yes and she made some dumb remark like Yes I'd do it again......idiot pants.... ya get a second chance thats God saying......stop jumpin outa planes.....  

on that first thing why didnt they just shoot the guy in the leg... they filled him with like 9 shots.... in this day and age there isnt a reason to do anything like that... i think after the first shot they all reacted.... sad is right...love ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 7:33pm »

I know a young wife of a cop. Her husband was killed by some jackass who thought it would be fun to drag him to his death. She is now a widow who rarely sleeps anymore and their  now 8 year old son doesn't have his dad.

Do I feel sorry for the guy that was shot?  
nope.
IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
alchemy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

get out of my head

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 7:39pm »

i saw that lady on goodmorning america, her face is all meesed up. i couldn't believe it when she said she couldn't wait to do it again.                              on the shooting here in portland they have a gun thats like a paint ball gun. i forget what it shoots but it doesn't kill it just hurts like hell. i've got two cousins who are cops here and they say it difuses alot of situations. i was wrong when i said the guy killed someone, he punched the guy. i've spoken to both my cousins and they can't believe what went down.
IP Logged
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 7:41pm »

suicide by cop in my opinion.....................
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 8:14pm »

I don't feel sorry for the guy, they gave him ample time to put down the knife.

If someone was in your home and was wielding a knife what would you do?

What should of they done if he grabbed a hostage possibly a child??

Recently in my neighborhood a man car jacked a woman and her 5 year old son at the mall. The man apparently was in a drug deal gone bad and stabbed the dealer in the neck with the same knife he was wielding at the mother and child. Fearing he had killed the other man and had nothing to lose he kidnapped, raped and sodimized the 25 year old girl at a hotel down the street from us for 3 days in front of her 5 year old son. The only reason he was apprehended was because he took her to the local liquor store to buy alcohol because he did not have an I.D. The woman whispered raping me and the name of the hotel and the woman called the police. IMHO, neither of those victems will ever be the same again Sad

Some people don't deserve forgiveness, this man is definately one of them. To make matters even worse he's an illegal alien and might be deported instead of tried if he's wanted in his own Country. Now that is SAD Sad

Sean............................................................

IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #18 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 8:37pm »

I'm sorry, I know nothing of the incident but similar situations have happened here.  A man who has killed and is armed, confronted by our protectiing police, there is only one option, disarm immediately and get on the ground prepared for incapacity.  Police are empowered with authority in such situations and disregarding that authority is, as Matthew said, suicide.  
  I may be wrong but I don't think there is any directive to a policeman to shoot to wound, they deal with danger to society and that is not a job to take chances with dealing with someone who has murdered.

I've experienced only SWAT team busts and the seriousness of the situation is nothing to even think twice about being rebellious with how effective it is.  Automatic combat weapons are pressed against your head within seconds of entry.  Even thinking about moving outside of their orders is the most foolish thing imaginable.  
  Regarding operations dealing with an armed murderer is unquestionably and absolutely a situation to just be fortunate to be able to be obedient.  

I am of course not privy to any police training but have experienced dealings on the wrong end of serious situations.  You do not even think.  

« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2005, 9:38pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 8:50pm »

on Dec 29th, 2005, 8:37pm, Kevin_M wrote:
 I may be wrong but I don't think there is any directive by a policeman to shoot to wound

Every policeman in this country is taught that if you have to pull your gun, kill what you are shooting at.....this aint the movies folks.  

Was this overboard?....I dont know, but a dude that big with even a can opener will get my bullet, Im going home to my family over him killing me!!
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

Phil L
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 8:56pm »

Gosh, and it was such a nice suit too.
IP Logged

When I get up in the morning and have to look down to see the grass
I know it's going to be a great day.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 9:09pm »

When you even have just two cops with guns pointed at your head ten feet away and you lunge at them with a knife.....Well, you want to die...Im with you Matt.

IP Logged

- Guiseppi

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 9:24pm »

I've often thought of doin that at Walmart.......am sure that'd bring out the fashion police Pam  Grin Cool Grin
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

PL259
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #23 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 9:24pm »

At 21 feet you have a maximum of 7 seconds to decide what to do if someone comes at you. 7 seconds to decide. At 10 feet, do the math. My father taught me to shoot, he at one time did rifle range training in WWII. I learned never to point a weapon at another human being unless I intended to use it in defense of my life or my family. The police have an extended family, all of you where ever you live. This is not the old west, John Wayne will not shoot the pistol out of your hand. That sends a wild round on an unknown path that will and does injure or kill innocent bystanders. As the video does not show there was lots of bystanders.  
You are told to lay the weapon down, you don't. For 3.5 minutes you continue. You made your decision, right or wrong. We will never know, not our decision. I know what mine would have been at 8 feet.
IP Logged

I don't really exist.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #24 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 2:02am »

It's always been shoot to kill.  

Damned hard to deal with but that's what they do.

There is a lot of overkill these days though. Still, most cops are young men and scared to death. Like Jonny says, it's not the movies. It's easier to kill of course and we tend to copy what we see on tv.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss