Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 2:46am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!  (Read 1921 times)
LadyElaine

Email

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
« on: Dec 29th, 2005, 9:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Mine wasn't the same not being on line I felt lost without this place.  

Here is the way Our Christmas went.
It all started Tuesday before Christmas when my daughter Heather calls and tells us she is getting a divorce and coming home for Christmas. JD and I work cleaning and wrapping gifts getting ready for all the kids to be here.
Friday at 10:30 am  Heather left Fl on her way here. I work all day talk to her on and off on the phone. JD well he always has something important to tell nana when she is on the phone. He told me that and I said "JD not when nana is on the phone". So off he went well about 15 minutes later I go to check on him and he is in the bathroom with the plunger in one hand flushing the tolit over and over with the other hand. I yell Stop flushing JD. He looks at me and says I tried to tell you Nana! I spent the next two hours sucking up water. Bless his heart. Now he has learned the word emergence.  

Buddy tells Heather what exit to get off on and he tells her to take a right and come straight down about 30 miles and she will see Flovilla. Heather calls me and says she did what Buddy told her and she is lost and sitting under a oak tree in a church yard. So we get in our truck and we try to find her. We realize Buddy told her the wrong exit. So we go there and go down this 15 mile dark dirt road. All we saw was dirt very few houses.  Needless to say we got lost. Heather found her way back to the interstate and called us and said she would met us at home. We did not get home till after 9 Friday night. We ate and us girls talked till around 2 am. Buddy went to bed early.
Saturday Morning we get up had Breakfast and The girls and JD jump in the car and off they go to pick Tiffany and her daughter up at the airport. They get her, stop at my Moms and stop by wal mart they don't get home till 7 pm. Then its eat fast, get the kids in bed so Santa can come. Its around 3 am before we get to bed. Then up at 6 am. We all watch the kids and help them open gifts. Then we adults open ours. We eat Breakfast.  Then the kids are all off again. They go to see a movie (on Christmas day?) They take Tiffany to catch her plane and go by my Moms and don't return till 9 pm.
Sounds lovely doesn't it? Not ! They left me to clean up the messy kitchen and make up all beds. Buddy helped he layed on the sofa and stayed out of the way.  At about 12 noon. I got to coughing, I knew I was fixing to be sick. My 5 pm I wasn't hitting on much. I could barely talk. You guessed it I got a cold for Christmas. My son Adair well he has come to the conclusion that  THE reason I get sick after all the meet greets and holidays is I am alearget to having fun!  

Monday I could not talk much better than the day before and my cough was worst. I sat in my house coat no teeth and drink my coffee and watched and waved as everyone left, I was wondering who were those people? Then I watched the Movie Home for the Holidays and I soon felt like that was my family! LOL

At my house there is never a dull second. We taught JD how to call his Mom and Dad and 911 incase he needed to. Well I was laying on the sofa feeling really bad. He wanted to talk to me. I said JD I am dieing here go play with your robots for a few minutes. He says ok. In about 10 minutes the police, and Fire department and rescue drive up in my yard. Yes JD called them and told them I was dieing on the sofa. I got to met some of the new neighbors, in my house coat and no teeth. Fun!!! Becareful what you say around the kids...

Its nice to be back in my computer Chair and Buddy back watching the game. I missed you guys bad.  

Oh by the way for the once who know about the bet. I won, Buddy couldn't stand watching the games with his wife  talking 90 to nothing on the phone, and the fact I kept turning the volume down.
He hooked me back up today and paid off the bet. $280 toward the convention! He is enjoying the game tonight and I am enjoying my computer. Love is so nice!
I am glad to be back home again!
IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

Re: I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 9:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

And once again Elaine - you provide me with entertainment enough for a whole week.  Lord woman, I sure did miss you around here.

I can just imagine all those emergency personnel pulling up to your place.  What next!!!!

Stick around now, won't you.  I miss you when you're not here.

Check your emails too hon.

Hugs
Carol
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 9:48pm »

on Dec 29th, 2005, 9:06pm, LadyElaine wrote:
At my house there is never a dull second. We taught JD how to call his Mom and Dad and 911 incase he needed to. Well I was laying on the sofa feeling really bad. He wanted to talk to me. I said JD I am dieing here go play with your robots for a few minutes. He says ok. In about 10 minutes the police, and Fire department and rescue drive up in my yard. Yes JD called them and told them I was dieing on the sofa.

ROTFLMMFAO you made my day you nut laugh

Glad to see you came home E Grin

Sean............................. Grin
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 9:48pm »

Good grief.......betcha the stress made ya get sick or fall VICTOM of whatever was goin around.....know alot of people that had that stuff and sum it took a while to get over. I usually wait till New Years Eve to get sick.......no fun sittin around a bunch of drunks tryin to get thru the nite with a fever and swollen glands and migraine (yeah I said migraine......sorry) and aches and pains head to toe. Time goes so fast when yer havein fun but SO SLOW when yer not ! HOPEIN to get thru this year feelin good.........am a wonder the Xmas holiday stress didn't make me sick tho ! I have a nice Xmas.......just too much to do and it stretches out with parties and Xmas events for 6 or 7 weeks solid !!! Hope yer feelin better and got a good visual of the 911 caper !! That would freak anyone out ! Hectic for the holidays Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Melissa

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 9:13am »

Holy shit Elaine, you didn't tell me about the emergency coming!!!  Unless you did and I just couldn't understand you, LMFAO!!!!!!!!

hahahahahaha, omg, that is hilarious! laugh laugh laugh

I love ya,
 Grinmelly
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 9:44am »

I love the part about the 911 call.  Caleb has learned that one, but we keep the phones out of harms way. He's fascinated with "policemen" right now. He wants everyone arrested. Right now my arms are bruised from the handcuffs waiting on the policeman to arrive.  

Aren't kids fun. Glad you survived Christmas. And thank goodness we don't have to go thru it for another year.  Cheesy

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #6 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 10:29am »

OMG, Elaine!!  laugh
All that could only happen to you. LOL
Well, it's over for another year. Have a sit down with JD and remind him to ask about calling 911 and he should only call if someone says yes or can't answer. He's one smart kid, though.  
I hope you're feeling better and your New Year celebration is uneventful.
(still chuckling...)
hugs, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 12:26pm »

Egad Elaine. What a time you had.

Still, it beats being stuck at the relatives during the WGN "Christmas Story" marathon. They showed it all day long.  

Glad you recovered so you could relate that story.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 1:00pm »

ROFLMAO  Thanks for the stories.  Real life can be more interesting than fiction.  Especially yours!   Shocked

Welcome home, E!

IP Logged
Boss
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Sep 23rd, 2007, 2:31am »

Thanks, the stories is very good.  It let real life become more interesting .I also hope you all had a Merry Christmas.
IP Logged

iphone accessories
ipod video converter
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss