Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 2:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My First Hockey Game.... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   My First Hockey Game....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My First Hockey Game....  (Read 1293 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

My First Hockey Game....
« on: Dec 30th, 2005, 6:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Wow, they're exciting.

We have a Mudbug team here in Shreveport and we went last night. Had seats right down on the ice in the middle of the court. Thank goodness for plexiglass or this Granny would have had no teeth (or maybe no head) this morning. That little puck came right at my head and hit the glass. Brought the puck home!  

And the fights... Caleb told me, "Granny you need to go spank their butts - that's "unacceptable"! Maybe some of my lessons are getting thru to him after all.  Huh

All in all the Mudbugs did a pretty good job, but in overtime we lost. Drats! Oklahoma beat them 4-3. But the pretzels were great.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

Re: My First Hockey Game....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 9:14am »

on Dec 30th, 2005, 6:36am, BarbaraD wrote:
And the fights... Caleb told me, "Granny you need to go spank their butts - that's "unacceptable"! Maybe some of my lessons are getting thru to him after all.  Huh

Hugs BD

He just wanted to see Granny slip on her butt out on the ice.  Yes, your humor lessons are getting through.   Wink

Granny's good lessons don't work at a hockey game, they probably have butt pads for that.  

Does a tyke his age really need help being a Mudbug?  He must love bath nights, and future "friendly" dentist visits.

Cool Barb,  Granny on skates sounds just great, get the plexiglass butt equipment too.  

A night of Canadian culture learnin' will make the lad well-rounded.

Way to go Barbie! Wink     Cool
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 9:35am »

Yep they do have butt pads. You should have seen that alternate goalie. His butt was bigger than mine. I commented on it (we were sitting right behind the dugout - or whatever you call the bullpen) and his butt was about four feet wide. Tamara told me it was all pads.  

The other guys had on short pants with all kinds of knee pads. I don't really think they were that big. They moved too fast to be too big.  

And with my eyesight it was hard to keep up with that little bitty puck, but I about got the hang of the game before it was over. I really think I could get hooked on this sport.  

I loved the part when the refs grabbed the players by the seat of the pants and "took" them to the penalty box. One of the refs got thrown up against the fence between two players. And he didn't have any padding. Ouch!  

Tonight I think the boys are going to a strip club (boys night out) and I'm gonna spend a quite time with the TV. Too much excitement on this old Granny. She needs her rest.

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 11:04am »

Hockey in La.??????????????? i LOVE HOCKEY--IT IS SO FAST PACED, AND THE FIGHTS ARE VERY ENTERTAINING
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 12:48pm »

Glad you had a good time, kid.

The thing about hockey is that Buffalo sportscasts show every goal the Sabres make and that does it for me. I'm cheap. (can't find another team)

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Dec 31st, 2005, 9:55am »

Minor league hockey rocks... it is a great night out.

Back in PA I lived about 10 minutes from the Hershey Arena with the Hershey Bears.  We would hit about 10 games a year.  
Once in a while one of us would score a suite via some connection or another.

One could go broke seeing any real number of pro hockey games.
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss