Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 12:53pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « A New Years wish .... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   A New Years wish ....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A New Years wish ....  (Read 1371 times)
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

A New Years wish ....
« on: Dec 31st, 2005, 7:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The holidays have passed and our gifts have been stored away in drawers and closets.   Fresh memories of our own unique blend of holiday surprise, happiness and disappointment are with us.

New Years stimulates reflection about new promises to keep and old promises to renew.  We think about ourselves, our friends, our family.  And we think about the life we’ve been living and the life we want to create.

My New Year’s wish for each of you is, that you discover the gift of simply being YOU.  

There exists in most of us the belief that, if only we could “fix” ourselves we would be happy and find our lives, fulfilling.  While I do believe that the impulse towards personal growth is important (and often admirable) such endeavors do not necessarily lead to happiness.

So what does?  Experience has taught me that the greatest source of happiness and well-being comes from simply being who we already are.  Each time we face our truth, each time we express what we really feel, each time we commit to action that we know to be in our best interest—we feel happy.  The response to being true to our self is simple light heartedness.  We’ve moved into our skin and become a homeowner instead of a renter.

As you make your New Year’s resolutions, please resolve to also consider the following:  What makes you—you? When and where are you most content?  What values reflect a genuine expression of you?  What foods and activities energize you and leave you feeling alert and vital?  Who really knows and appreciates the authentic, you?  Notice the moments when you feel happy regardless of what is happening outside of you.

During 2006, take time every day to notice and appreciate yourself, breathing deeply as you re-member yourself.  Let that force of vital energy permeate each and every cell of your body.  Soon you will experience yourself as full and vast.  Enjoy the blessing you already are.

Happy New Year to you all

Pegg, Dylan and Megan

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

Re: A New Years wish ....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31st, 2005, 7:27pm »

Peg, thanks for the words, it struck home.

Blessed be you and your kids this New Year.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: A New Years wish ....
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31st, 2005, 7:35pm »

I couldn't agree more.

Happy New Year to you and your family.  

Tom
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss