Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 8:53am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « you know you can deal with it when: »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   you know you can deal with it when:
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: you know you can deal with it when:  (Read 1168 times)
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: you know you can deal with it when:
« Reply #25 on: Jan 6th, 2005, 7:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jan 6th, 2005, 10:43am, guesst wrote:

Me too, alcohol is no longer a trigger for me!  Grin  me&mb

Me niether! What's that mean??? Other than being able to enjoy a cocktail or a beer....Does it mean anything in regards to the CH?? (serious question)

Anywho.....
Dealing truly means being able to go on with your life. Not hiding in your house letting your livlihood subside and those who love you....
For that good for you! For setting yourself up for a hit..not so sure...I learned to go out and not cocktail and still had a good time. Now as said above I could drink if I choose to.

Oh well....PF wishes either way!

E.
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #26 on: Jan 6th, 2005, 11:20pm »

on Dec 10th, 2004, 9:30pm, survivor13 wrote:
it taught me it was not going to control my life anymore. i was'nt about drinking, but rather crawling out of that hole.

I guess the part about convincing yourself that clusters won't control your life is proven by drinking; and crawling out of a hole is accomplished by drinking, but yet it wasn't about drinking... goes right over my head.

Kevin M  
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2005, 11:46pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #27 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 11:49am »

on Jan 6th, 2005, 7:44pm, E-Double wrote:

Me niether! What's that mean??? Other than being able to enjoy a cocktail or a beer....Does it mean anything in regards to the CH?? (serious question).

I don't have a clue, all I know is it's one less thing the beast can steal from me.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
CC2004
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
New_Zealand 

« Reply #28 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 12:35am »

on Jan 7th, 2005, 11:49am, guesst wrote:

I don't have a clue, all I know is it's one less thing the beast can steal from me.

I think I might be on th eopposite side of this - I dont remember alcohol ever being such a serious trigger before.  Xmas eve I tried a couple of champagnes to see if I would be OK as my cycle seeme dto be ending and I had only had a few hits in more than 2 weeks - and Ithought if I did get hit it would be over 20-40 mins as usual - WRONG!  I was slammed for nearly 5 hours - outrageous bomb
That also happened earlier in the cycle, and nothing like the usual hits other than when my cycle was peaking.
Maybe the difference this time is since my last cycle Ive been drinking a lot more, usually I have a few wines pretty much every night, but now completely intolerant in cycle.  
Does this ring any bells with anyone?
CC
(still missing my champagne  bigcry)
IP Logged
aceserve
New Board Junior
Puerto_Rico 

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 9:37pm »

I'm in my 28th day in this cycle (the first cycle in 2 1/2 years). It's one way of forcing me onto the wagon, I tell ya. A couple weeks ago I felt like having a nice single malt, knowing I'd get a headache anyway. It was not a good idea. I got a banger of a headache, and probably it was a headache on top of one I would have had anyway. So I stay away from alcohol. What other things act as triggers for you folks? I think chocolate may be one, as for others, I have not been able to isolate and identify them.
IP Logged

Ahhh, what a relief to be pain free. Hang in there. Good times are comin'.
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 19th, 2005, 1:14pm »

GrinDon,
 Your the voice of reason in this thread, I guess everyone has their own demons to deal with, but just smelling beer sets off my attacks, Oh to be episodic for just one week, a few days or even 1 full day?
 From my vantage, severe chronic with hundreds of triggers, well my money is on sanity not insanity.
 I have a daily level that fluxuates from 3 to 15 per day, so I have learned to deal with it, 35 years with no end in sight, so I guess I should hold red hot rivots in my hand to see if I am really dealing with the pain----I don't think so!
  While I'm at it the last time my Neuro consulted with Dr. Diamond it was Seymoure Sr. I know of a Jr. but have no knowledge of a Mrs. Dr. Diamond?  Pappy

I think if the Histamine destintion worked for anyone, well they have A Typical Histamine headaches and not Clusters? JMHO
IP Logged
mitChell
New Board Newbie
England 

d'oh

« Reply #31 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 1:30pm »

Good for you Survivor !

I go drinking when im in cycle,
sometimes I get CH's, sometimes I don't.

Its about getting on with your life.

If you live in fear of the beast, then you live by his rules, and in doing so build him up as some invincible demon.

IP Logged

You live and learn - then you die and forget it all
survivor13
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

thunderstruck
Email

« Reply #32 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 2:01am »

finally someone get's the point i was trying to make!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss