Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 9:42am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Weather »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Weather
« Previous topic | No topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Weather  (Read 824 times)
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Weather
« on: Dec 17th, 2004, 11:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I woke with pretty strong shadows this morning.  Looked at the berometer and sure enough, it dropped quite a bit overnight.  Turned on the T.V., and a storm is comming my way.  Back on Verapamil for a bit I guess.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

Re: Weather
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 12:24pm »

Sorry Biker...

A drop in barometer pressure will always bring on a cluster for me, when in cycle.  

Feel better soon...

Langa
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
becky8

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 2:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Sorry Biker, hope you feel better real soon!
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 12:16pm »

a change in the barometric pressure right before it rains or snows always increases my ch and makes them more intense.  It will also trigger a migraine to go witih the ch.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
survivor13
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

thunderstruck
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 2:02pm »

the weather is my biggest trigger. sometimes get a series of hits everyother hour for one to five days in a row. usallyall high kip level attacks. hate the hurricane season.
IP Logged
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 2:09pm »

Being chronic,  I would get hit with strong kips with every drop of the barometric pressure.  This was my biggest trigger with cologne/perfume in a distant second.

Living in Texas, with the always changing weather, this trigger occurred regularly.

I have a big test about a week ago when the baro pressure went from like 30.42 to 29.58.  I passed with flying colors.  Smiley

Hang tight bro' as this too shall pass, just not very quickly.  I wish I could take it away for you.
Renee
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

Sean_C

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 9:42pm »

Yupp, absolutely. Its natures way of saying the storms comin, batten down the hatches Grin  

Sean..............................
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 2:59am »

LMAO....you folks are reaching to find anything as a trigger.....LMAO Grin
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 7:27am »

Actually, I've been watching the barometer for years and when it changes - that's when I get hit the worst.  

Seems more and more of us are noticing that one. Could be something to it. think about it - when the barometer changes more people get sinus headaches so ........ that's something else -- when people around me are complaining of sinus headaches, I'm usually hitting about a 10 on the Kip scale.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

survivor13
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

thunderstruck
Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 8:50am »

same here!
IP Logged
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 28th, 2004, 3:49pm »

GrinMy Neuro told me %90 of his patients are weather affected to some degree, I knew without a doubt 32years ago Barometric pressure was a huge trigger for me.
      Thats why I find it so odd that apparently some(not all) episodics are only affected during their "cycle"  My cycle started 35 years ago and has yet to stop!
      Being a welder and metal fabracator I am shocked Jonny doesn't get hit from the smell of the welding (burnt gun powder, or the sulfer smell from fireworks is a serious trigger for me!)process or apparently drinking beer or laughing.
      Out of control laughing is the biggest trigger I have! so thanks again dude! LOL!!!!    Love ya! Pappy
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2004, 3:50pm by sailpappy » IP Logged
Ruth
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 9:19am »

I would say weather is a trigger for many of us, as well as several other things. Sense we are all individuals I think it is important to note what may trigger us into an attack. I  have been a sufferer sense 1968 and have learned, at times the hard way, what I need to aviod to keep my life a bit more tolerable during cycle.

Ruth
IP Logged
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 10:06pm »

Nope. After 3 years of recording Barometric pressure, humidity, dew point, temp and rainfall from 2 weather stations every 30 seconds.
No correlation what so ever.
YMMV
IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 2:10pm »

The weather affects me, I can feel changes in pressure, especially in my head. But it doesn't trigger CH. Never has.
IP Logged

allan_r
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #14 on: Jan 1st, 2005, 10:39am »

For what its worth -- the barometer may not trigger HAs for me- however, the recent sudden and drastic change in temperature and pressure (3 to 50 degrees almost overnight) has allowed a three-day breakthrough of HAs the last three nights.  So maybe, for me, the intensity of the HA is an issue.  
     Plus, anecdotally, I have always associated that transitionalspring/fall-moist-40 to 50 degree weather with HAs.  It has always been the weather condition that my HA has been at its most fierce, or at least the most memorable.  At least when I have been in cycle or, now, when they breakthrough the meds.    
     As to specific triggers, other than alcohol when in cycle I have not identified any.  Smells, fumes, gasses, etc. have all just been annoying and noxious due to the increased sense of smell prior to the HA during cycle.  Can't say they are triggers.  

allan r.
IP Logged
Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jan 1st, 2005, 5:08pm »

Weather? Really hadn't given much thought to that before since I haven't been able to comfortably or seriously connect weather patterns, highs, lows, fronts, etc., as triggers to my clusters. But down here in Florida, we DID have 4 hurricanes this year.  

First hurricane to hit was in August, my cycle started first week in September. Coincidence? PROBABLY NOT! This cycle started before it should have been due.  

Four hurricanes hitting this state in one year hasn't happened in at least 100 years if I'm correct. Also, this has been the longest and strangest cluster cycle I've had in the 27 years of having these damn things and it's still not over.  

Have to start paying attention to the weather now.  

That's great, one more thing that may influence my clusters that I have no control over!  

Happy New Year Everybody And Wishing All No More Clusters And All Pain Free Days!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | No topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss