Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 4:45am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Am I Becoming Chronic? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Am I Becoming Chronic?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Am I Becoming Chronic?  (Read 1772 times)
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

Re: Am I Becoming Chronic?
« Reply #25 on: Jan 1st, 2005, 11:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

aye, like a canary in a coal mine... I KNOW when storms are coming... pressure CHanges get me and the beast a tusslin'...
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #26 on: Jan 1st, 2005, 11:26pm »

on Jan 1st, 2005, 11:20pm, vig wrote:
aye, like a canary in a coal mine... I KNOW when storms are coming... pressure CHanges get me and the beast a tusslin'...

I also KNOW when storms are coming, when in cycle...the shadows are relentless and the beast comes with a vengeance... Undecided

Glad to know i'm not crazy...

Langa
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
Jonny

Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 1st, 2005, 11:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 28th, 2004, 7:15am, don wrote:
Unless your name begins with a "J". The the pain free period is less than 1 hour.

No wait.

Thats for chronic pain in the ass.

Dude....I told you the bath house was out of Astro lube....its your own fault it hurt Grin
IP Logged
calebgg
New Board Newbie
Hong_Kong 

Searching for the true cluster buster

Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 5th, 2005, 7:34am »

I have the same worry. I sometimes worry that worrying about clusters will simply bring them on. As soon as I get the twinge, I start to think "Uh-Oh it's happening again" and then it starts... Luckily I'm not chronic yet... But I have another question: I'll put it here, and also start a new topic...
I read that CH usually affects 20-40 year olds. I got my first at 26, nine years later still get them about once a year. THey seem to start as randomly as they started. THat said, is there ever a time when they stop altogether? Are there any people out there that had them for a few years only? A decade or so? Do you know anything specific that led to the end of them? Quitting a job, retirement, marriage, divorce, a new partner, new children? Any medical treatment?
Thanks,
Caleb
IP Logged

Searcing for the true cluster buster
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #29 on: Jan 5th, 2005, 9:15am »

HI Caleb and Welcome!

I've had clusters since I was 10 yo.  I'm 36 now. So for most of my life I've had them and there doesn't seem to be an end in site.  There are people on this site in their 60's that still have them.  I think for most of us it will be a lifetime thing, unless there's a cure.

As to triggers, I've come to the conclusion there's no rhyme or reason.  My clusters used to come every year, every June, without fail, twice it skipped a year, but when it came, it came in June.  This year nothing makes sense.   Undecided  Again, no rhyme or reason.

Some Episodics have remission of periods of 5 years and more, from what I've read, I haven't been that lucky.  

Langa
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
CC2004
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
New_Zealand 

« Reply #30 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 1:16am »

on Jan 5th, 2005, 9:15am, Langa wrote:
HI Caleb and Welcome!

I've had clusters since I was 10 yo.  I'm 36 now. So for most of my life I've had them and there doesn't seem to be an end in site.  There are people on this site in their 60's that still have them.  I think for most of us it will be a lifetime thing, unless there's a cure.

As to triggers, I've come to the conclusion there's no rhyme or reason.  My clusters used to come every year, every June, without fail, twice it skipped a year, but when it came, it came in June.  This year nothing makes sense.   Undecided  Again, no rhyme or reason.

Some Episodics have remission of periods of 5 years and more, from what I've read, I haven't been that lucky.  

Langa

I agree - no rhyme or reason, except maybe they do get further apart as you get older - for me they have so far.  28 years (since I was 16) every 2-2 1/2 years and I was never able to determine why new bout started, sometimes stressed sometimes not etc etc.  But before previous lot I had 4 year remission, and this time 5 years until current bout - but they are lasting longer.  Used to be 4-6 weeks, then 2 months, last lot lasted 5 months.
Drives you nuts trying to figure it out - I would just suggest getting as much info as you can to help with the hits when you get them.  This site has been great for me, Ive found relief with water water water, or maybe my cycle is winding down anyway...

take care & stay strong
CC  Smiley  
IP Logged
RollTide87
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #31 on: Jan 15th, 2005, 4:32pm »

Still could be episodic. My first few years I got them in June and they lasted a few weeks. About the last 10 years, I'm 39, they have started in Nov. and lasted about 16 weeks. Sounds very similar. Scott. RTR
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss