Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 3:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Myopia and Headache »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Myopia and Headache
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Myopia and Headache  (Read 2821 times)
forrest
New Board Newbie
Netherlands 

pain away

Myopia and Headache
« on: Jan 4th, 2005, 5:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hey, Everybody

I am a new member here but have been suffering my headache over ten years; as I personally feel, my headache symptom matches well cluster headache.  

Last week, I was with my doctor, and after he cheched, he found that my headache occurred because I did not usually wear my glasses since I am short sighted. Also my left eyesight is much worse than the right , where my  headache is alway killing me. By the way, it is right that I normally do not wear my glasses only when I have to despite being short sighted.

I am wondering whether his conclusion is right or not, and wish that someone here could be of help.  

I am really appreciated.

Forrest

P.S. According to my exprience, it always makes my headache worse when I wear glasses.
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Myopia and Headache
« Reply #1 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 8:11am »

A number of months ago I posted a message about the significant number of eye related problems which can cause headache. The diagnostic problem is sorting out primary headache disorders from headache which arises from other medical disorders. Diagnosis is not always as easy and direct as we might wish.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
forrest
New Board Newbie
Netherlands 

pain away

« Reply #2 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 8:21am »

Thank u for reply, Bob

If I understand you correctly, it means that there is such possibilities that my CH is caused by my myopia, especially because I do not wear my glasses in daily life. Surely I know that there is no an absolute answer for my question, but if my doctor's diagnosis might right, I am going to follow his advices, wear glasses always; if not, I have to "fight" with him and find other solution.

Good day.

Forrest Smiley
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 9:29am »

I've been experimenting with glasses/eyesight and it's connection to this for quite a while...
and I have no conclusion.
I wore glasses at age 3 until age 20 after an accident.  The right eye was injured and I have the clusters in the left, always.
I stopped wearing them until I hit 40 and well, quite needed them.
I'm pretty sure the glasses aren't the cause and don't even really interfere, but I can't prove it.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
JoeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 10:24am »

Here's another data point:   the vision in my left eye is much worse than my right eye.   Left eye is nearsighted (20/100 vision) while right eye is 20/20.    It's been that way for about 16 years, which predates my first cluster headache (12 years ago).    I don't need glasses, since my right eye is able to compensate.   My cluster headaches are always on the left side.

I have no idea if the issues are related, but the left eye vision/left side CH combination has always seemed strange to me.    I've had CT scans, MRI, and such to rule out other potential headache causes.   My symptoms are way too consistent with Episodic CH to be anything else.   Would be interested to know if other CH sufferers have similar vision issues.

Joe
IP Logged

Your mileage may vary. See your doctor for details. Offer void in Tennessee. Past performance is not indicative of future results. No warranty is expressed or implied. Do not taunt happy fun ball.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #5 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 11:34am »

Have you been diagnosed with CH, forrest? I was just wondering. My CH is on the strong eye side. It's 20/60 my other side is 20/200. Interesting thread...curious to see how it turns out.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
don

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 12:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Myopia as a trigger maybe but as a cause.......highly unlikely.
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 3:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I think that if the eye on the affected side has worse vision, it is because the nerve going to that eye is affected by CH.  I didn't need glasses when I first got hit, and the attacks come after I have been sleeping and resting my eyes.  The eyes may be connected and affected, but I don't see them as the cause at all.  

I have gotten headaches from not wearing my glasses, from wearing a new prescription (progressive lens), and from wearing glasses with an old prescription.  None of those headaches were anything like a cluster headache.  I agree with Don, maybe it is a trigger for some people, but it isn't the cause.
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2005, 3:48pm by floridian » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss