Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 4:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Thumper Returns »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Thumper Returns
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thumper Returns  (Read 743 times)
Jake
New Board Newbie

Brit with CH

Email

Thumper Returns
« on: Jan 5th, 2005, 12:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone:

I haven't checked the board in about 14 months as I haven't had an episode.  However, the Thumper returned on Sunday night.  They come an hour after I go to sleep.  So far they haven't been horrific but my guess is by Sunday I'll be having fun.

In terms of treatment I've had 3 sinus surgeries.  I get about 6 to 9 months relief after the surgeries and my sinuses are open and I can breath.

I've just started verapamil and I've got an appoinment with my doctor tomorrow.

What I hate most is the felling of being scared to go to bed.  Somehow I think I can put off the beast if I refrain from sleeping.  Crazy indeed!

My cycles usually last around a month and the pain peaks at the end of the 2nd week.  I'm dreading it.  When I'm headache free I completley forget what this pain feels like.  I was originally diagnosed about 12 years ago.

Thank god for oxygen and maxalt.  The problem with maxalt is I always have to go through the nonsense with my insurance carrier who would rather I use imitrex.  It's never worked for me.

Hope all you are pain free.  Here's hoping for a quick and brief interlude with the Beast.

Take care,

Jake

Sad
IP Logged
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

Re: Thumper Returns
« Reply #1 on: Jan 5th, 2005, 9:20am »

Hi Jake:

Sorry the headaches are back, but welcome.

Glad you have meds that work for you.  Oxygen for me has worked wonders as well.

Have you tried the Melatonin for the night-time hits?  

Langa
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
bobbio56
New Board Newbie
USA 

Joke 'em if they can't take a ....

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 5th, 2005, 8:10pm »

Try going to an area clinic or walk-in med. facilty and beg them for Imitrex samples from reps. Helps if you have no pride, like me. PFD
IP Logged
Jake
New Board Newbie

Brit with CH

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 5th, 2005, 8:20pm »

My insurance seems to be behaing better and I got my script filled without a fight this afternnon.  My oxygen generator arrives tomorrow - It will be just like old times.

Part of my wishes the really evil headaches would arrive quicly then I get the bloody things over and done with.  It hate the feeling of anticipation when I know there going to get worse and the one's I'm getting at the moment are light weight.

I'll keep you posted - thanks for the support.

Jake
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 5th, 2005, 9:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
thanks for the support

Which was a whole lot more than you gave anyone here in the last 14 months.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss