Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 2:36am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 02 & trex help please »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   02 & trex help please
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 02 & trex help please  (Read 307 times)
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

02 & trex help please
« on: Jan 19th, 2005, 9:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dunno what the f***, I made a post just a few days ago about how 02 was a life saver and now it doesn't seem to have any effect.

I use a non-re-breather mask, I've taped the exit holes like I was told, I flow at 12-15, I wait til the bag is full and take deep breaths, and exhale away from the mask, then repeat.....................the CH just keeps mounting until I can't take it any more and grab a trex injection.

Another question........I split my trex in two using a insulin syringe....Can I re-use this syringe as much as I want, cause that's what I've been doing, the needle is really getting dull but I have no more.

PFDAN

NORM
IP Logged
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: 02 & trex help please
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19th, 2005, 10:21am »

Can't help with the trex.

But breathing with or with out pure 02 should be slow and rhythmic. In through the nose and out through the mouth. Concentrate on breathing right and not the pain. Easier said than done I know.
I always new that my pain was almost over when it got almost unbearable.
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 19th, 2005, 11:57am »

Quote:
Can I re-use this syringe as much as I want, cause that's what I've been doing, the needle is really getting dull but I have no more.

Gonna start hurting like hell and you are risking infection....bacteria bro. Get more syringes

As far as the O2 goes sometimes that happens, sorry my man, keep giving it another go and do as Karma suggested.

PF wishes

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
athome
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 19th, 2005, 8:45pm »

Norm
you replied to my melatonin thread - I am so sorry to hear about your pain.  I also got hit while taking the melatonin but not as early try using a higher dose.  I took 9mg before bed - even though the bottle suggested not to.      
The o2 I just started myself so I can't help much.  Continue with the the treatments you have started and do not give up on them quickly.  I know how desperate one becomes but some night it seems that the beast comes and nothing will stop it.  I hope that you are feeling better.  PFDAN
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 19th, 2005, 8:50pm »

Take a copy of your Trex script and explain to the pharmasist that you need some syringes to break down the doses...he'll understand...

The genaric ones are just as good and you can get the small dose ones with the ultra fine short needles for about 15 bucks a box of 100...thats at Kmart for me anyway close to home and even cheeper than WallyWorld pharmacy...
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2005, 8:51pm by Redd » IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: Jan 19th, 2005, 10:25pm »

Just go to the WalMart pharmacy and ask for a box of syringes like it is something you do every day.  They have never even asked to see my script, though I do carry it with me just in case.

Box of 100 .5cc, 31 guage, short needle syringes cost me about $12.00.

Gator
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 12:25am »

Rat

If this is the Night Time Nasties you're talking about, then by the time you hit the O2, it's getting a tad late. Can't help you with the shots, but for me it _used_ to be Wake Up In a Panic, Do a Snort, Run and Huff Canned Air, and wait for things to calm down.  

O2 only did me right if I caught it on the upswing. Being concious can be a real plus.
RJ

PS: If the caps are open , you waited to long. Pick sooner, eat often.

IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 6:50pm »

Dont know about a mask----I use a thumb valve on welders oxygen.  I can crank it way way up, and often, I do just that.   I will breathe pure oxygen till my imitrex pills start to work.  When Im cycle, its a bear to kick down the beast.  I start oxygen as soon as I even think I could have an attack comming on.  At the very first sign of the slightest twinge, I hunt my bottle.
   There are great suggestions in the previous posts about the needles.  All I can tell ya about those is I have found the needles for cattle can be sharpened by grinding them on a piece of glass---providing you dont let them get get bent or too dull.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
Low_Viz
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Jan 22nd, 2005, 1:12am »

May only be Illinois but I know that you can purchase 20 syringes without a script.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss