Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 11:43pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Twitch »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Twitch
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Twitch  (Read 414 times)
aceserve
New Board Junior
Puerto_Rico 

Email

Twitch
« on: Jan 24th, 2005, 7:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

A cycle ended 10 days ago after hitting me for a month (I've been having CHs since 1979). But this time, it left me with a slight twitch or tremor on the lower eyelid of an eye (the same eye affected by the cluster headaches). You have to look really closely to see it moving. It's almost constant. Anyone else experience this? I will go to a doc if it continues, but in the country where I'm living (Colombia) I wonder if they know much about cluster headaches (I don't even know what to call them in Spanish). Rgds.
IP Logged

Ahhh, what a relief to be pain free. Hang in there. Good times are comin'.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Twitch
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 7:49am »

Facial tics and twitches are caused by trigeminal nerve issues, the same nerve that is involved in CH. I have an eye tic all the time. I've just kind of learned to live with it. I mentioned it to my neuro and he didn't suggest that anything could be done about it.  Pain and twitch free wishes...nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 8:02am »

I get a twitch but its on my upper eyelid. I got told it was like a faulty connection and if they tried to fix it it could make it worse. Its nothing to worry about though even though it IS infuriating! Smiley
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

floridian

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 9:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I get an eye twitch from time to time - usually starts a few weeks before a cycle, occurs throughout, and ends a few weeks after the cycle.  But it occassionally acts up even when I am not in cycle.  Usually its the affected eye.
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2005, 9:41am by floridian » IP Logged
ccbiggsoo7
New Board Veteran

« Reply #4 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 9:06pm »

I got a eye twitch right after coming back from tthe dentist. My grandma said when your eye twitches it is usually a tooth causing it. I asked my dentist about this and he had never heard of this. well next visit same thing ,twitchy eye for about a week afterwards. As a matter of fact I never had a cluster in my life until I had all four wisdom teeth pulled. Then about 2 months later i started getting them. Have been Chronic ever since Neurologist says there is no relation with the 2 but I can't help but wonder if they didn't damage the trigeminal when they were yanking those mothers out. Needless to say that was 8 years ago.
IP Logged

chris
Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 10:22pm »

Im with Floridian,  

I get a twitch prior to a cycle, I now know in advance it is coming by the twitch. Lasts the cycles and about a fortnight after it. I have been it is related to the trigeminal nerve.  
I also get a boil, (infected hair folicle) below by lower lip at the same time, that also lasts the cyle and about a fortnight after.  

Turts
IP Logged

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)
Major_Headcase
New Board Veteran

« Reply #6 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 5:51pm »

I also had eye twitching stuff my last cycle ... just above and sort of around my CH eye. It was constant for a couple of days in the middle of the cycle then just sort of faded away ... damned nuisance but not as bad as CH's!  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss