Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 1:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Clusters and Flying ... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Clusters and Flying ...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Clusters and Flying ...  (Read 355 times)
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

Clusters and Flying ...
« on: Jan 25th, 2005, 2:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just had a crappy trip to New Hampshire.  Flew up, and then took two days to fly back!!!  Damn that snow!!!  No wonder I moved down to North Carolina!!!

Anyway, on the return trip, I had an experience that I need to pass on.  I was flying Southwest Airlines.  Naturally I did not have my O2 with me.  As many of you know, with my heart, I cannot take imitrex.  As luck would have it, I got hit on the flight.  I was trying to deal with it without meds.  There happened to be a doctor sitting in the next seat.  He asked my daughter-in-law what was happening.  She told him, and said that the only thing that worked was pure oxygen.  The doctor went to the stewardess, and found out they had a bottle of oxygen on board.  It only went to 6 LPM, but I tried it anyhow.  Guess what?  It actually worked!!!  Most times I need 15 LPM, but this time I lucked out and the 6 LPM did the job!

So, if you are on a flight, and don't have an abortive, ask for the oxygen that they ALL carry onboard!  It just may work, or at least keep it at a bearable level!

I made no preflight arrangements.  Did not even tell them about it, beforehand.

Just thought you all could use this info on your next flight.

Good luck in flying, and hope your flight, at least, is painfree!

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

Re: Clusters and Flying ...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25th, 2005, 3:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Did you avoid the in-flight $100 usage fee? Is the trick having a "Doctor" sit next to you, and tell the flight attendants how to avoid a lawsuit?

Dang, but yer slick, Chuckles.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss