Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 5:37pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi, will my head ever be at peace!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hi, will my head ever be at peace!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi, will my head ever be at peace!!!  (Read 325 times)
Night_Zombie
New Board Junior
Ireland 

If u obey all the rules, u miss all the fun......

Email

Hi, will my head ever be at peace!!!
« on: Jan 27th, 2005, 11:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, Never been on anything like this before but thank god I found u all!! Have been having Clusters for weeks and weeks had all the tests, Now after 3 weeks confirmed Cluster headaches,which I kinda new anyway. Doc has been trying loads of things My poor stomach is in bits!!!never mind the head. but nothing is working at moment.Zomig was a non starter and another which I cant remember had me sick for days!!Steriods well what can I say. Now I have Lithium and oxygen, but I dont think its the right type oxygen. Im just so zonked out all the time and with a 2 year old and little sleep I really do feel quite mad, a little help would be soooo great.Thanks. Tongue
IP Logged

love and hugs xxx
floridian

Email

Re: Hi, will my head ever be at peace!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 11:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I know what you mean about triptans making you sick - I don't handle them well, either.  

Lithium may take some time to kick in, and you may have to work with your doc to adjust the dosage.  

Oxygen - for some people, it is enough to get vigorous exercise at the first sign - the heavy breathing oxygenates the blood.  Other people require more oxygen (10 liters/minute or more from a non-rebreathing mask) - look for the "oxygen info" section on the left menu.

Melatonin at night helps many - you might want to check that option out.
IP Logged
Night_Zombie
New Board Junior
Ireland 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 12:16pm »

Thank for the Melatonin tip will say to my Doc about it** I was given the nose things for my oxygen but will call and ask for the right mask,No point in ox if they have got it wrong I really feel like I am learning with them!!!!!!!!  Is it normal to get a really painfull ear even though not having a episode???? just thought I would ask. Thanks.
IP Logged

love and hugs xxx
floridian

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 12:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have had the pain creep down my jaw and neck, or into my ear during an attack.  Not sure about it other wise, but the nerve to that area gets inflamed and can cause other symptoms - many people get a twitch or droop in their eye even when not getting hit.  

We are probably at an increased risk of ear infections from all the pressure and fluids during an attack?  Is this ear pain all the time?  Had a doc look at it?
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2005, 12:47pm by floridian » IP Logged
maureen
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 2:49pm »

Hello,
welcome, I am prone to ear infections and seem to get at least two a cycle, worth getting the doc to look at it, really sucks trying to deal with a ha and a ear infection at the same time.
good luck
Maureen
IP Logged
Night_Zombie
New Board Junior
Ireland 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 3:43pm »

Thanks for input, Just had 2nd headache of the day still the dreaded nigh to come!!!! yeh I know too well bout the eye I have started to wear a eye patch when I go out  as it is very red and waters .
As for the ear Ill get it looked at, feels like on fire.
Thanks xx
IP Logged

love and hugs xxx
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 7:06am »

I get a "cramp" in my ear before an attack (sometimes I can "rub" it out - actually hear it "crack" when the cramp is relieved and this sometimes prevents the attack).  

I take 9mg of Melatonin at night to get some rest. The Melatonin gets you thru the REM sleep (when most attacks happen). It's OTC. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't kick in for a couple of weeks. Took me about 3 weeks for it to start working, but it's worth it.

I'm chronic so my eye droops all the time. You just have to learn to live with it. Most of us after a few years can spot another CHer by the eye thing.  

Wishing you all the best. With small children it's a pain (literally). My 3 year old grandson knows when Granny starts rubbing her ear she's going to get a HA. He runs to the closet and pulls out the O2 bottle and starts yelling, "Breathe Granny breath!"  

Make sure your O2 is at 8 lts. minimum. Get your head lower than your heart when you're breathing. This helps more than just trying to breath sitting upright.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss