Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 2:39pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Misdiagnosed CH for contact issues »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Misdiagnosed CH for contact issues
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Misdiagnosed CH for contact issues  (Read 522 times)
scottf200
New Board Newbie
USA 

CH April 14th, 2004

Misdiagnosed CH for contact issues
« on: Jan 30th, 2005, 10:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all,

Several months back I posted because I had several symptoms of CH.  My eye headaches happened for a couple months.  This is what my Dr diagnosed and even wanted to give me pain medicine right away.  I wasn't so much in a hurry to start taking over the counter drugs, however.

I started to keep a journal of when my eye headaches occured.  I started to recognize something.  

Long story short I had changed to 30 at a time day contacts 6 months before which I absolutely loved. ( http://www.allaboutvision.com/nightanddaycontacts/ )

When I would wear my glasses instead for several days my eye headaches started to disappear.

I started wearing my eye glasses all the time unless I was playing raqcuetball where I would put in my contacts and wear eye protection.

I decided to get Lasik surgery done.  My first round did not go perfect as I'm statisticsally out of norm.  However, I've had my left eye done last Friday (touch up) and I'm now seeing 20/20 (close to 20/15).  My right eye is scheduled two weeks following.

I have been eye headache free for a few months since.

MY ONLY POINT of this follow up post is that I HOPE to help at least one other person out who may have been misdiagnosed where all symptoms pointed to CH.

My best wishes for the suffers.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

Re: Misdiagnosed CH for contact issues
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30th, 2005, 11:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Scott, thank you SO MUCH for posting this!  I do believe that many are being misdiagnosed with CH when they actually are suffering from something else.  I wish more people like yourself would come back to post their mis-diagnosis in order to help others and am very grateful for you doing so.

Thanks again,
SmileyMelissa

P.S.  I am SO glad you found out what was causing the pain and treated it!  I am also very happy you do not have clusters!
IP Logged
scottf200
New Board Newbie
USA 

CH April 14th, 2004

« Reply #2 on: Jan 30th, 2005, 12:08pm »

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

RE: would come back to post their mis-diagnosis

From another aspect...there are probably suffers today that are still mis-diagnosised and just taking meds.  Perhaps this will give them another thing too look at.

I suspect some peope that REALLY hate glasses might not have moved off of their contacts to see that it made a difference in their eye headaches like it did in my case.

Again thanks and take care.
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 30th, 2005, 1:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
MY ONLY POINT of this follow up post is that I HOPE to help at least one other person out who may have been misdiagnosed where all symptoms pointed to CH.  

Thanks for getting back.

This is going to become a major issue as more Doctors become aware of CH Mis-diagnosis used to be the other way around.
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #4 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 3:47am »

I am so happy for you that you don't have CH! Smiley
I'm glad that you're PF. It was very nice of you to return here and let us all know.  Smiley

All the best for you,
Sandie
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss