Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 6:11am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « smokin like a chiminey! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   smokin like a chiminey!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: smokin like a chiminey!  (Read 323 times)
bigred
New Board Junior
USA 

persaverance

Email

smokin like a chiminey!
« on: Feb 12th, 2005, 10:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Im on the taper down from my first ever prednisone treatment. I have 3 days left. Thank God!
 Saw the nero doc on friday and he increased my verapamil from 240 to 360mg daily.
 I was also put on 1 week of amoxicillin to kick a chest cold I picked up on the prednisone.
 These last 2 weeks since I started the treatments I find my self chainsmoking. I cant seam to get away from them. I gave up the drinking 1 year ago because it brought on the beast every time. But I still have my smoking habit. I cant quit at least not yet. But smoking has doubled and I need to do something.
     What is the medicine I am taking that gives you the craving to smoke so much.  
IP Logged

fishing for relief in a very big pond.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: smokin like a chiminey!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12th, 2005, 10:19pm »

I was trying to quit when I went into cycle .....That went out the window and while peaking I was chainsmoking...don't know if it is the meds or if the level of anxiety increased (which we all now happens) thus having the constant nic-fit....

Drink a lot of water and try to cut down.....I'm still smoking but nearly as much since my anxiety disappated.

Hang in there!

E.
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
bigred
New Board Junior
USA 

persaverance

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12th, 2005, 10:27pm »

Thanks and did try dinking more fluids,
  Problem is I have to urinated every 20 min somtimes its a little longer but it is definatly a reaction to my new meds. Peeing and smoking ,smoking and peeing. Boy Ill be glad when the pred dose end monday. Smiley
IP Logged

fishing for relief in a very big pond.
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 13th, 2005, 11:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Alot of us are heavy smokers Red, I don't know if it has anything to do with clusters, more than likely not because obviously many have never smoked which kinda rules it out.  

More than likely your substituting the cigarettes for a previous habit that you've givin' up.  

Cheers and pfdn to you  Grin

Sean..........................
IP Logged
TonyG1

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 13th, 2005, 8:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thats the first thing I want when I feel the beast coming on... give me some cool and refreshing imitrex and a smoke ...  smokin I'm sure it doesn't help but it makes me feel better about the whole pending trip to the theatre of pain.  

I smoke Marlboro Reds; however, I have switched just this week to Lights... hoping to quit but taking baby steps to get there .... baby
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 13th, 2005, 8:39pm »

Prednisone and water and Imitrex  =

Constant peeing, smoking and eating, eating, eating!

I'm not at all sure which is worse!

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Edu_Martins
New Board Newbie
Brazil 

...just a fear of sleep...

« Reply #6 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 12:54pm »

I take those medicines:

Verapamil (360mg / day)
Sumatriptain (only with pain)
O2 (only with pain)

I noticed that with me:

Need to smoke (im trying to quit, but its very hard)
Need to pee lots of times.
Need to eat

I dont know if its one of this medicines, but im sure i wasnt like this before.

Last week i traveled on a bus for about 3 hours, and i had to go to the bathroom for about 6 or 7 times, just to pee.

Im trying to control my fatness, but its getting harder. Im gaining weight every month again. I lose about 30kg in 1 year, but since i started with Verapamil i got 5kgs or more, in 3 months.

And the smoking habit: im trying to quit for about 5 months. I usually smokes on a bar with friends, but only that. On usual days, on job and home i try to not smoke. Sometimes its very hard.
IP Logged

[]s Edu Martins
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 15th, 2005, 12:08pm »

Sorry cant help here. Stopped smiking 8 and a half years ago, CH started 20 months ago and now I am smoking again. (Chronic here, it seems)
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss