Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 6:11am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « quesiton.. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   quesiton..
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: quesiton..  (Read 371 times)
Gandalf
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

quesiton..
« on: Feb 14th, 2005, 6:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey guys,

joined the site today as i have recently looked into cluster headaches and have come to the conclusion i may be a sufferer, but nothing is certian.

i was just wondering,

i fit a lot of the symptoms, except for the fact i get the pain in both eyes, not just on one side. my nose doesnt run either, and i havent noticed any significant droopiness in one eye.

so u guys think i am still a candidate for cluster headaches?

ive been to many eye doctors and normal ones, no answers yet.

i have been having these headaches or whatever they are for over a year and a half. no relief. its always there, sometimes just worse than others.

its the last thing i feel b4 i got to sleep and the first thing i feel when i wake up.

i cant fall asleep sometimes cuz the pain is so bad.

im pretty fidgety too

i guess im just really confused right now.

any suggestions or advice?

thanks

IP Logged
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

Re: quesiton..
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 6:33pm »

No, doesn't sound like clusters to me, but I'm not a doc.  It is impossible to sleep with clusters, impossible.  Do you wish you were dead?  Would you rather have someone saw your leg off with a very dull wood saw?  If you answer yes to those questions then maybe yes.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
Gandalf
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 7:04pm »

well sleep isnt impossible, i eventually fall asleep, but i am restless for hours b4 i actually fall asleep. all i feel is pain.  

and i seriously do wish i was dead or feeling anything but this pain. i wish that a lot.
IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #3 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 7:10pm »

I see you're from Toronto.  You might want to also check out the Canadian site www.clusterheadaches.ca

Check out all of the links to the left.  Taking the cluster quiz will help you.  There's a ton of information there.

I agree with Thomas - with the little you've described, it doesn't sound like CH but I'm not a physician either.

What part of Toronto do you live in (as in main intersections)?
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 7:16pm »

It is not necessary for someone to have every symptom to have cluster. This is especially true if you are just starting to have attacks. It's not unusual for symptoms to be unclear and change for months or years before settling down into a clear and consistent picture.

This variability is one of the reasons a good Dx is often difficult to make and why folks often see several docs before a clear/accurate Dx is made.

Clearly, working with an experienced doc is needful.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
broomhilda
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Ride it!

witchilda

« Reply #5 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 7:17pm »

I agree with Thomas and Carol, from what little info you have given it does not sound like ch...look to the left as said and take the cluster quiz as well look into differing headache types and consult with your doctor most of all...

Good luck!
IP Logged

Suck it up Princess...

Sean_C

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 8:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

meegraine

Sean.............................
IP Logged
Missy_Donna
New Board Junior
USA 

See correct e-mail address under post.

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 8:54pm »

What have the docs told you, if anything?  A great many of them do not know much, or nothing, about clusterheadaches.  Have you tried any medications?

The cluster quiz is a good start into the  research needed, and this site has plenty of info to read.

Usually ( and like said above, they're not always the same) we wake up after about 1-1/2 hours sleep with a roaring headache.  Cluster headaches usually hit during REM sleep.  

So, prepare yourself with info and see a good neurologist.  Good luck and keep us up to date.

IP Logged

E-mail addy is dmh114@lycos.com

Charter Member..joined over 6 years ago.

Sufferer for 28 years.....now a supporter to my 33 year old son.
Wendy1
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 15th, 2005, 10:58pm »

I've never heard of the h/a being on both sides at the same time.  But who knows.

During a cycle I can have an occaissional night without a h/a.

I don't usually (only sometimes) have the tearing.  Usually do have the stuffiness in the nostril of the same side of the h/a.  

And... oh Buddy, You KNOW you have clusters when you have 'THE' pain.  NO question bout it.  Good Luck
IP Logged
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 5:38pm »

on Feb 14th, 2005, 7:16pm, Bob_Johnson wrote:
It is not necessary for someone to have every symptom to have cluster. This is especially true if you are just starting to have attacks. It's not unusual for symptoms to be unclear and change for months or years before settling down into a clear and consistent picture.

This variability is one of the reasons a good Dx is often difficult to make and why folks often see several docs before a clear/accurate Dx is made.

Clearly, working with an experienced doc is needful.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  If you do have ch welcome aboard, if you dont, I hope you find the help your looking for.  CHers dont like to see people in pain, ch or none.  Find answers and get releif. Have a good one.
IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 6:17pm »

Print off what we have here and take it too your doc. not all of us fit into a nice little box that is CLuster HEadaches. Eaveryoe is different and many (myself included) have more then one type of Ha happening at the same time.  TALK TO YOU DOC. Do not self diagnos nor self treat.  

If you do have CH come back ahd give us a yell.  Some is always here.  

PF Wishes,
-Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
BlueMeanie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #11 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 7:20pm »

Not clusters. Could be Migraine or CPH though.
IP Logged
bigred
New Board Junior
USA 

persaverance

Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 8:06pm »

I could not imagine what it would be like to have the beast in its full kip 10 on both eyes let alone the one I deal with when I was in cycle.  
   I need at least one opened to see what wall I want to run my head through. Grin
    Anyway keep a journal and log when you get your HA and how long they last, anything you can think of that might be triggering them," such as alcahol or stress," then if your not getting any relief from lifestyle changes its time to see a good neroligist with your log book.
    Goooood luck. For your sake, I hopes its not the Beast.
 Bigred
IP Logged

fishing for relief in a very big pond.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss