Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 5:09am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Will it end? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Will it end?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Will it end?  (Read 315 times)
Davies
New Board Newbie
Great_Britain 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Will it end?
« on: Feb 20th, 2005, 4:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Cry Hi this started Thursday and have been up and down since then Fri was bad.Sat got really bad used nasal spray but I think it was taken too late.Used it today as I could feel it coming on and it has stayed the same.Wanted it to go so badly.The doctor said see how I go but the way Im feeling I will be going back there.I only found out Thursday that I have ch for 5+ years I thought it was sinus pain.Finding it hard as I have two kids a hubby and started a new job in Sept with kids so I have to be at my best or its hell.Seem to get these on and off evey few weeks.Please can I have some help what do I do next? Do I go back to the doctors? Any help will be great ta xxxx
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: Will it end?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 4:14pm »

Hi Jo,  
In the past how long have your bouts of what you thought were sinus pain lasted? how often do you get them? once/ twice a year? more/ less? That should help you guess how long this wil last.
If the sprays aren't working for you then ask for the injections.. they work much faster (or did for me at any rate!!)
Also speak to your doc about having O2 prescribed.. its a miracle in a bottle!
Look on the OUCH UK site for a list of preventative meds.. these will help shorten your cycle.. it seems confusing at first.. imigran is an abortive which works on individual hits and preventatives are the ones which work on the cycle.. I know I'm thick but it took me a while to get my head around that!
Make an appt to see your doc tomorrow and take a list of the prevents (print it off from OUCH UK) Then you can discuss with him what he will be happy to put you on.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on!
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 6:08pm »

Sorry you are hurting.  Clusters often do get mis-diagnosed as sinus and other problems.  You are going to have to take a proactive role in your treatment.  The only way to do that is to read, read, read.  Take the cluster quiz to the left to see how your symptoms compare.  Read everything you can get your hands on about clusters.  Start with the links to the left and on the OUCH website.  Print out things that will help your doc treat you.  

In the meantime, a little more info would be helpful.

Where do you feel the pain?  
Describe the pain.
How many times per day do you get the attacks?
How bad is the pain on a scale of 1 to 10?
How long does the pain last?
Are you able to lie down during an attack or do feel a need to move around?
What medicines have you tried?  
What worked?  
What didn't?
What is one plus two?
If you throw a blue hat into the red sea what does it become?
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I am not making fun of your pain, believe me.  I've been having upwards of 5 attacks every day for the last 16 months.  The last three questions were more of an attempt to make you smile.  We have found that  laughter is often the best medicine for our sanity.  CH is a serious problem, but if we take ourselves and ch too seriously, it will drag us down into a pit of despair.  Do your research and go back to the doc with printouts and questions about how you are going to treat and manage this beast.

The most important thing to remember is that the pain does end.  Just take it day by day or hour by hour if need be.
IP Logged
Filbert
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

"Gravy-pure gravy and don't forget it."

« Reply #3 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 10:00pm »

Just to add.
  Does it wake you from a deep sleep?
IP Logged
TonyG1

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 10:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Sorry to hear you're in pain.  I've had CH on and off for 18 years and eventually the cycle will end.  I was just "officially" diagnosed about a month ago and have been taking verapamil as a preventative --- It seems to be working as I've had only one full blown CH and a few shadows over the past two weeks ...  

I wish you well and many PFDANs to come.

Tony
IP Logged
TonyG1

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 10:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Feb 20th, 2005, 10:00pm, Filbert wrote:
Just to add.
  Does it wake you from a deep sleep?

In my case, ALWAYS awoken from a deep sleep and always when I'm dreaming some crazy  hammer things...
IP Logged
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 11:26pm »

I wouldn't mind so much, but CH has ruined some legitimately steamy dreams that I would have preferred not to have had interrupted. *pout*

Jo, I hope you find some relief. If you do have cluster headaches, you've certainly come to the right place for information, answers, and support.

My best to you,
-Frank
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #7 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 1:58am »

So sorry that you're hurting... Sad
I am sure that it will end. At least, I'll stay optimistic about it!

Best wishes,
Sandie
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

ZAIRA
New Board Hall of Famer
Italy 

Brave to Stand !!!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 11:43am »

Does it ever end?
NO, it doesn't!

Tell us more about your HA's and stay here and post and let us know how you are doing...

All the best to you from Italy, Zaira
IP Logged

Love yourself, Love others, Love often, Forever!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss