Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 6:25pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Boredom »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Boredom
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Boredom  (Read 340 times)
Juce
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Boredom
« on: Jul 20th, 2005, 6:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have noticed that when I am having a good time I rarely get a headache but when I am bored or aggravated I often get one.  Does anyone else find this to be true?
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Boredom
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 6:19pm »

I work for a debt collection firm, and unless I'm covering for the admin office, there is no such thing as being bored.   Undecided

I'm a single mother...at home there is no such thing as boredom.  More like never enough hours in the day.

Spending some of the last 45 minutes here at the office reading up a bit.  Between calls that is.   Wink
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Juce
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 6:27pm »

I just notice that standing in line at a store for more than 10 minutes or being a passenger in a car generally bringson a headache.
IP Logged
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 7:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Mine seem to come at the worst times, like there is a good time .........
IP Logged
yikes-another-one
New Board Old Timer
USA 

dancenshout2002   joyflheart2004
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 8:47pm »

Smiley

Some feel that exercise can stave off an attack or postpone it.  Vigorous exercise.

Others avoid it like the plague.

Relaxation is all it takes and the beast will
fill the dance card.....wink.

Best to keep moving, and keep going.

I work at a daycare,
and I get hit when the kids lay down to take naps.
Even If I get another hit around 2pm,
they get up at 2:30 and the pain dwindles away as I race to set up snack and police them to wash hands and stuff.

Maybe your new motto should be....
"Never get bored."  Wink.

Best wishes Cheesy
IP Logged

Psalm 23 - Goodness and mercy shall follow US all the days of our lives and WE will dwell in the house of LOVE forever.
Topical
New Board Old Timer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 7:58am »

I haven't seen that happen, Juce. I get them when I am busy and when I am having fun. The worst is when I am excited about something and then my plans change due to an attack.  Undecided  I will then add even more aggravation to the emotional mix.
IP Logged
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 8:17am »

I, too, get them when I'm out having some fun.  Usually at a party, or a nice evening out to dinner with hubby.  My hits always occured right around 8:00 to 8:30 in the evenings.  So much for dinner out and a good time.  However, lately, I've been also getting hit later in the evening, after dinner and cleaning up the kitchen.  Sitting down to relax in front of the TV or read for a while before bed has become a no-no.  So, it looks like if both of these things hold true for my next cycle, I won't be able to have any fun, dinner, TV or reading. Undecided

What's left???

Undecided
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
millie the episodic
New Board Junior
USA 

God Bless all CH victims!

« Reply #7 on: Jul 24th, 2005, 8:23pm »

I have found that my headaches refuse to allow me to have a good time. It would seem that Iif I try to have a good time and let my guard down the beast barges in.
Or if I let my guard down and go to sleep the same cowardly beast will come.  
But I can say that boredom has yet to factor into my headache cycles

Millie
IP Logged
Topical
New Board Old Timer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Jul 25th, 2005, 5:10am »

on Jul 20th, 2005, 6:06pm, Juce wrote:
I have noticed that when I am having a good time I rarely get a headache but when I am bored or aggravated I often get one.  Does anyone else find this to be true?

Glad to hear that. I have seen them hit me when I was really interested in doing something. I think those attacks stick out in my mind and are just coincidental.
IP Logged
RobinHarber
New Board Newbie
USA 

so this is the first day of the rest of my life??

« Reply #9 on: Aug 1st, 2005, 12:46am »

Mine generally come when activity is slow, too!
Forget about reading the paper, watching a movie, enjoying the sunset- I'm sure to get hit.  

But for the most part, if I am preoccupied, it seems the CH will "hold out" until they just can't wait any longer- if that makes any sense.  A solw day will generate more hits, sooner, than a busy one.

In a way, this is kind of bittersweet-  because it really dampens the "believability" of my condition- it seems to others around me that I only get hit when it's "convenient", since the headaches don't tend to surface when I'm doing something enjoyable.
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 1st, 2005, 1:22am »

Hits me most when I'm not in a working stressful environment.  So it's no myth for me that mine is definitely not stress related.

Then again... I start stressing about the frequency of the hits when I get hit... I'm confused... confused2
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss