Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 7:06pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « To All those suffers out there »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   To All those suffers out there
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: To All those suffers out there  (Read 408 times)
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

To All those suffers out there
« on: Jul 30th, 2005, 10:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am a suffer as well.  8 1/2 months now.

I am busy with school these days but wanted to send out a general message and let you all know that I think and pray for you and you are always in my thoughts. hug

I know there are times when you are tired and fed up because I have been there myself.  This place is a wonderful place to turn for support and advice.  We all care and have all been in your shoes.  Take a deep breath and educate yourself.  Stay strong kick the beasts butt and arm yoursself.  The information to the left is a good start about good abortives such as O2 and son on.  Take the quiz to answer those numerous questions the weigh the do I or do I not have CH.

Before trying anything get a diffinitive Diagnosis from your doctor and get advise especially on the new idea of Kudzu that is out there since it is still in experimentation.  Note that many have recieved great relief from it.  The reason for medical advise is any other medical conditions that may contradict the use.  All of our bodies are different so seek medical advise first.  

Numerous supporters here are packed with more knowledge then I since they have had it a lot longer and have been down this road one to many times.  Ask your questions and read read read......Advice will come...

PF wishes to you all and welcome if I don't always have the opportunity to reply to your messages....Kim
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2005, 11:08am by KMT » IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
brainfreeze
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

Re: To All those suffers out there
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30th, 2005, 11:29am »

Thanks for the 'heads up' (no pun intended).  I am in a cycle right now and  everyone around me hasn't a clue on what CH does and thinks a doctor or a different doctor is always the answer.   I know that they want to help and believe me I'd let them if only there was cure to be found.  I've searched high (very high) and low (very low) for relief and I'm with you.  I pray daily  (sometimes every half second)  that no one is afflicted with CH.  
Rest easy everyone,  as best as you can.  We fellow sufferers know your heartache (or headache) as the case may be.
Thanks for the post.  I needed it today.
IP Logged

Susan
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30th, 2005, 11:36am »

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers - mine go out to you and the rest of us ClusterHeads as well.

That's good advice for all.  

Keep the confidence up - you'll do well.  When ya' need a little support - I'm certain you'll be able to count on the good folks here.

Tom  

« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2005, 12:15pm by burnt-toast » IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30th, 2005, 11:56am »

Quote:
Thanks for the 'heads up' (no pun intended).  I am in a cycle right now and  everyone around me hasn't a clue on what CH does and thinks a doctor or a different doctor is always the answer.   I know that they want to help and believe me I'd let them if only there was cure to be found.  I've searched high (very high) and low (very low) for relief and I'm with you.  I pray daily  (sometimes every half second)  that no one is afflicted with CH.    
Rest easy everyone,  as best as you can.  We fellow sufferers know your heartache (or headache) as the case may be.  
Thanks for the post.  I needed it today.

Chin up we are here for you.  I am sorry that you are down today anything I can do to help...Kim
IP Logged

brainfreeze
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 1st, 2005, 9:31am »

Replying to the post is much appreciated.  I'm in the isolation mode right now and don't want to venture too far away from the house. My family is offended (or annoyed) and I can't help it which brings all of those emotions (regret, guilt, you name it) to the surface.  It's nice to talk with ones (here) who know where I'm coming from.  I had a CH  (7) upon awakening today and those tend to ruin my day.  I can shake off the aftermath of the night ones by daytime but the morning ones tend to put my morale into a fog all day.  Take care and wishing you and all others a PF day.
IP Logged

Susan
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #5 on: Aug 1st, 2005, 9:39am »

on Aug 1st, 2005, 9:31am, brainfreeze wrote:
Replying to the post is much appreciated.  I'm in the isolation mode right now and don't want to venture too far away from the house. My family is offended (or annoyed) and I can't help it which brings all of those emotions (regret, guilt, you name it) to the surface.  It's nice to talk with ones (here) who know where I'm coming from.  I had a CH  (7) upon awakening today and those tend to ruin my day.  I can shake off the aftermath of the night ones by daytime but the morning ones tend to put my morale into a fog all day.  Take care and wishing you and all others a PF day.

Hang in there! I'm also in cycle and had to entertain from 7 to 15 people since last Thursday. "Hey, Can I get anyone one a beer?" without being able to have one myself was kind of a bummer. Hung in there best as possible and just had to face up to the fact that there are certain times when you just need a little quiet time so I did retreat some, and turned in early. My wife is a pretty good supporter but she did actually ask the question, "it seemed like you didn't really want to be around everybody sometimes.....", it wasn't worth a response. Got a nice "shadow" all day so far today so I feel ya on the "fog all day" statement.

IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
millie the episodic
New Board Junior
USA 

God Bless all CH victims!

« Reply #6 on: Aug 1st, 2005, 12:14pm »

Don't you just hate when the beast joins you at a family gathering or party. Cry
I was at out of town and at my sisters house to be with family. Yes I knew that I was in a cycle, but I get tired of anyways not being able to go. My brother-in-law is a fireman, so I cornered him first thing (to check on the 02). Would you know that right in the middle of laughing and enjoying one another I get a knock in my brain. I left the room and started trying to refocus.  Clean, sweep, wash dishes, anything to try to not give into the pain. I don't want my mother to meet this devil. Finally I had to go outside with my friends, zomig and Mr. Ice Bag.
I have been in this cycle since March and am beginning to wonder when or if it's going to end.
OH enough about that because I could very easily enter into depression, but I refuse.
Good Luck with school Kim and thanks for your prayers, as we all need them. And thank God for this site!!!
Clusterheads are special people! laugh
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2005, 12:15pm by millie the episodic » IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 1st, 2005, 1:11pm »

PF wishes to you all.

Wink
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 1st, 2005, 9:27pm »

it sux, but do your best & they'll appreciate you...

...eventually
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
brainfreeze
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 1st, 2005, 11:04pm »

on Aug 1st, 2005, 9:39am, seasonalboomer wrote:

Hang in there! I'm also in cycle and had to entertain from 7 to 15 people since last Thursday. "Hey, Can I get anyone one a beer?" without being able to have one myself was kind of a bummer. Hung in there best as possible and just had to face up to the fact that there are certain times when you just need a little quiet time so I did retreat some, and turned in early. My wife is a pretty good supporter but she did actually ask the question, "it seemed like you didn't really want to be around everybody sometimes.....", it wasn't worth a response. Got a nice "shadow" all day so far today so I feel ya on the "fog all day" statement.

It definitely sucks to have to entertain or have anyone rely on you when the beast decides to takeover (added pressure).  I too was at a function last weekend and steered clear of the beer.   It didn't bother me too much other than I have to pay attention to that.   It's good that you have 'home support'.  I have willing participants yet they can't relate when I'm distant so a non-response is probably appropriate. Today...has been a blue day.  I've had enough and am ready for them to be overwith.  Cry
IP Logged

Susan
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 2nd, 2005, 7:33am »

Millie
Quote:
Don't you just hate when the beast joins you at a family gathering or party.
hug  The beast never plays fair.  I looks like you delt with it well even though you wish you didn't have to.  Keep strong you are doing great.  The beast can't win.

Brainfreeze
Quote:
Today...has been a blue day.  I've had enough and am ready for them to be overwith.
hugI am sorry that you are feeling blue.  I know what you mean about wanting this over with and so truley wish it could be for you as well.  For all of us.  Stay strong brainfreeze.  Soon your cycle will be over and things will look better.

Quote:
Good Luck with school Kim and thanks for your prayers, as we all need them. And thank God for this site!!!
GrinThank you so much.  Just took test number 2 yesturday and today is Hands on testing.  Can't wait till it is over at 1030.  The home to read for tomorrow.

Best of wishes for PF days and nights all....Kim
IP Logged

brainfreeze
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 3rd, 2005, 10:53am »

on Aug 1st, 2005, 12:14pm, millie the episodic wrote:
I have been in this cycle since March and am beginning to wonder when or if it's going to end.
OH enough about that because I could very easily enter into depression, but I refuse.
Clusterheads are special people! laugh

Hope you are doing well...today... Wishing you pf day and for your cycle to end....
IP Logged

Susan
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 4th, 2005, 6:45am »

Brainfreeze

I love the picture  laugh.  That is so cute. laughKim
IP Logged

brainfreeze
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 4th, 2005, 9:37am »

on Aug 4th, 2005, 6:45am, Kim Y. wrote:
Brainfreeze

I love the picture  laugh.  That is so cute. laughKim

Thanks,  that's what I believe you fellow CH'ers do for me.  Shove my head into a pot of freezing water.  To help of course  Grin
IP Logged

Susan
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss