Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 7:07pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « newbie to the ER »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   newbie to the ER
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: newbie to the ER  (Read 222 times)
daniel_tn
New Board Newbie
USA 

This mofo ain't gonna win!!

newbie to the ER
« on: Aug 7th, 2005, 8:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

last night's attack was delayed apparently til 2.30 this afternoon. went right away to the ER. had a cat scan.
scan shows "clear".
diagnosis: cluster headaches.
got a referral to a neuro, and an emergency prescription for lortab. Shocked
glad i haven't got a tumor, but horrified that i am going to have to deal with this !@#!#$@#$^T#$%&%^&%^#$% for the rest of my life!!!?!?!?!?!?
dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
bnfreeman
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

Re: newbie to the ER
« Reply #1 on: Aug 7th, 2005, 8:59pm »

Things will get better. Just stick around and get to know what's going on with you and become educated so you can go to your doctor with confidence. Don't take any crap! If you don't feel good about your doctor, or they don't listen to you then find a new one. I wen't threw some bad times. And often frustrated because I would like to have a 2nd child, but I can't because of the many meds I am on. Good Luck and cheer up.

Brandi
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 7th, 2005, 10:28pm »

Here's hoping that you get a good neurologist. They do exist.  

Mine, that I see mostly for my seizures, is pretty good about them and often asks me what's new from OUCH.
Gotta love the guy.

Stick around. Tons of good info here.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 8:33am »

Start learning!

MANAGEMENT OF HEADACHE AND HEADACHE MEDICATIONS, 2nd ed. Lawrence D. Robbins, M.D.; pub. by Springer. $49 at Amazon.Com. It covers all types of headache and is primarily focused on medications. While the two chapters on CH total 42-pages, the actual relevant material is longer because of multiple references to material in chapters on migraine, reflecting the overlap in drugs used to treat. I'd suggest reading the chapters on migraine for three reasons: he makes references to CH & medications which are not in the index; there are "clinical pearls" about how to approach the treatment of headache; and, you gain better perspective on the nature of headache, in general, and the complexities of treatment (which need to be considered when we create expectations about what is possible). Finally, women will appreciate & benefit from his running information on hormones/menstrual cycles as they affect headache. Chapter on headache following head trauma, also. Obviously, I'm impressed with Robbins' work (even if the book needs the touch of a good editor!) (Somewhat longer review/content statement at 3/22/00, "Good book...."Wink

HEADACHE HELP, Revised edition, 2000; Lawrence Robbins, M.D., Houghton Mifflin, $15. Written for a nonprofessional audience, it contains almost all the material in the preceding volume but it's much easier reading. Highly recommended.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss