Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 6:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « newbie needs to vent »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   newbie needs to vent
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: newbie needs to vent  (Read 949 times)
lady_bug
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: newbie needs to vent
« Reply #25 on: Aug 10th, 2005, 7:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Some tricks that I used to use and sometimes still do are:  
*Wrapping a bandana tightly around my skull (be careful)  
*Filling a sink with scaulding water creating a steam bath and placing my head over it with a towel covering  
it.  
*Going from Steam to Frigid shower.  
*Standing infront of A/C  
*Icepacks or frozen veggies on the back of the neck or eye  
*Tons of STRONG coffee  
Quote:

I have been a sufferer for 37 years, and the "tricks" quoted above have worked wonders for me...it's worth a try for sure!
I'm terribly sorry that you're having such a rough time, these headaches are life altering...but I'm living proof that you can live a productive and happy life in spite of these monsters.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

BTW...hi E-Double!
IP Logged
lady_bug
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #26 on: Aug 10th, 2005, 7:20pm »

I obviously need to work on the "quote" thing...but I think I made my point anyway!   Huh
IP Logged
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #27 on: Aug 10th, 2005, 9:43pm »

hey bro im with ya i just got to the otherside a few weeks ago around 4 weeks ago im still getting this outa time wierd hit ilke once a week but its a weak hit, but i just went thru was 11 weeks of shear hell 80% of my hits were k9 or better and they lasted 2 hours most of the time one night i too an amatripliyne pill perscribed by a doctor it was like throw jet fuel on a gas fire and it lasted almost 4 hours i truley thought i went permanant over drive and i was horrified nothing helped at all . hell before i knew what i had i thought all kinds of terrible things it was this site that told me without a doubt 1 im gonna live and that it has a name, well many names in here,2 and most important I AM NOT ALONE!!! and nor are you im sure everyone in here could tell of horrors of theyre own the fact it most here know what a k9 is and we all have asked why me over and over , i will live you will live all you need to know is here at a click of the mouse and support is breading here i just went thru some unpeasant life changes and getting hit this cycle i could not work at all the life was sucked outa me but its over and thing are better than they were before i used alternative meds to break my cycle im grateful and hummbled after this ordeal if you see im outa cycle and im still comming here to help people like you get thru it as many are here. thats how it works so lean on us a much as needed but remember to give it back to others you might find relief in just that act i know i did anf still do.
ERIC T
IP Logged
daniel_tn
New Board Newbie
USA 

This mofo ain't gonna win!!

« Reply #28 on: Aug 10th, 2005, 9:43pm »

on Aug 10th, 2005, 6:16pm, E-Double wrote:
You better go out or I will find you and smack ya around!

you are not to let this thing control you.

Eric

hi eric,
we did go dancing. it was our last lesson in a cycle (no pun intended). after the lesson, the dance instructor gave us a real hard sell (probably into the 1000s - but she wouldn't talk money even though i asked 4 times). i told her that i had already decided on a competitor at a much cheaper rate, and that it was nothing personal, etc. she wouldn't let up, and i had to get up from the table and say, i'm sorry i just won't say yes and it has nothing to do with you personally, your facility or you as an instructor, i just need a cheaper place. she was not happy! but the thing is... i didn't get hit!
in fact, i haven't got hit in almost 48 hours. i don't understand what's happening now. i'm on edge all day waiting for the damn thing to hit, and it doesn't.
i get shadows and cues all day long, even the gums, jaw and eye thing, and then it subsides.
i started all the meds yesterday and kudzu the day before - heck, maybe it's all working now??
gosh, i'm really confused.  
but, with my luck lately, i'll wager that i'll be posting later tonight by mid-morning.
best to all and thank you for your support. it really helps.
daniel  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2005, 9:46pm by daniel_tn » IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #29 on: Aug 10th, 2005, 9:54pm »

Right on Daniel!!!!!!!!

Don't sweat what might or might not come.

I turned chronic in March and honestly I learned a long time ago to just go with the flow....Chances are I will get 2-3 visits a day along with shadows and if lucky I will have some other weird HA variant to party along inside my brain. It doesn't matter!!!

Though I am positive for 90% of the time I sure as hell know what it is like to burn out and cry adn dread the days and night.  
I cope fairly well and will continue to do so because I have to!

So do you!!

you will kick it's ass and be there for your wife and dance many a night away.

Be well!

Eric

P.S.  Lady_bug is a hot mama Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2005, 9:54pm by E-Double » IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #30 on: Aug 10th, 2005, 9:59pm »

It seems to me, that the kudzu might be workin' for ya, dan.  Cheesy  Don't dread what may not happen, OK. It's a real buzzkill. I always say... hope and expect the best, and, just in case, prepare for the worst. Glad to hear you're getting a break! ~nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 7:13am »

Dan

We are always here for you if you need to vent, cry and so on.

I hope and pray the Kudzu continues to work for you.  You deserve relief.

Keep us posted we all love to hear someone who  is PF.

Take care of yourelf
IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #32 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 7:59am »

daniel,  

indeed. you're showing all the signs of kudzu working. now just roll with it. and, continue to stay from triggers for a couple-few weeks, stay on a stable sleep schedule, and worry less. then in 5 more days post your results on the Kudzu survey thread. the data is inportant to all of us.

scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
daniel_tn
New Board Newbie
USA 

This mofo ain't gonna win!!

« Reply #33 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 10:20am »

hi scott,
thanks for all the posts!
this is the third day with no hit! shadows all the time, and standard tension headaches constantly, and cues continously, but not hit. i slept through the night uninterupted again. very nice. about not worrying- i will really work on that. Shocked
i will post more soon.
thanks for all the support, it's been a G-dsend!
-daniel
IP Logged
tenacious
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Email

« Reply #34 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 5:13pm »

on Aug 11th, 2005, 10:20am, daniel_tn wrote:

about not worrying- i will really work on that. Shocked

-daniel

I think you'll find the not worrying comes with the passing of some time.  To the best of my knowledge, all the people saying things like "hang in there" and "this too shall pass" have been dealing with this a lot longer than you.  They are absolutely right.  They speak from experience.  So do I.  As you battle the beast, you will gradually find out what treatments and coping skills do and don't work for you.  You will also begin to see the pattern of your own survival.  It gets a lot easier as you begin to realise firsthand that the pain really does end.  Until then, try to relax and live your life as best you can.

May you have short, easy cycles (or better yet, none!) and long remissions.  PFDAN
IP Logged

Ang
aradon
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Gotta be prepared, to wrestle with the devil :(

WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: Aug 12th, 2005, 7:39am »

on Aug 9th, 2005, 4:03am, AussieBrian wrote:

If that's what you're thinking then you've lost and the beast has claimed another victim.

Don't let that happen, mate.  You're in charge, you take control! We know exactly what you're going through but tough it out, just for now.

Trust us.  All will be better in just a real short time.

The beast claimed me a few years back, i just play cards with it now when it decides i need to visit the floor, hope everything goes well for you dan Wink
IP Logged

Life is Pleasant, Death is Peaceful, It's the Transition that's Troublesome.
jon

Email

« Reply #36 on: Aug 14th, 2005, 8:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Daniel,

Find a good neuro. Jan Brandes is the best in Nashville for CH but it is near impossible to get a current appt.  I see William Strickland and he is pretty good.  After 10 yrs with CH it is almost comical because you end up knowing more about it than most doctors, that's why you need a neuro.  Otherwise you are at the appointment telling them what to prescribe and what not.  The best abortive is imitrex but insurance companies do not give you enough.  O2 works good if you catch them in the beginning stage.  I have tried everything and swear by some (regrettfully not easy to get).  
Hang in there.  I would be glad to talk to you offline as I am in Nashville everyday.  The pain in excrutiating and I hope you wife and friends understand.  Because you just want to choke someone who says "oh I have headaces too but it doesn't slow me down" or "I have migraines".  The same when the ER puts me down as migraine.
Pain is one very big thing, but so is depression, dread and lack of sleep.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss