Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 5:40am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Dave is in cycle.... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Dave is in cycle....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Dave is in cycle....  (Read 806 times)
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Dave is in cycle....
« Reply #25 on: Aug 20th, 2005, 12:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hell Ree, I'm sorry he's back in cycle.

Give him a hug for me....and you too.  Hoping it's a short and mild run for him.

Love,
T
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Aug 20th, 2005, 10:10am »

on Aug 18th, 2005, 6:15pm, Jonny wrote:
With that resume Ill fuck him.....LMAO Grin

jonny~~ I think you would f&^# anything at this point..... yup the guy is a trooper.... we have our moments though where we can't even stand being around each other....i I think thats because we are both the babies in the family and usually get our own way...

This weekend our daughter is camping with neighbors and its a Godsend because of the CH rearing its ugly head on us.... Daves outside working on the deck again this weekend he is afraid to relax I know because he will get hit..... the 02 isn't arriving til Monday which really sux.....Im always so afraid he will die from that imatrex and zomig.....  
  Thank God for our family here at CH.com because I don't even tell other people anymore.... and you think they would get it after all these years. It just pisses me off so I don't tell them anymore..... they say...."Oh well with all the stress no wonder he is getting headaches".... Or "He should just relax......" I want to scream..... STFU YOU HAVE NO IDEA....RELAXING IS HIS ENEMY RIGHT NOW....!
THANKS FOR THE VENT AND ALL THE SUPPORTIVE POSTS YOU EMPOWER ME TO GO THROUGH THIS WITH ALL THE STRENGTH I HAVE!!! LET'S HOPE DAVE HAS IT TOO...LOVE YOU ALL......REE
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #27 on: Aug 22nd, 2005, 8:56am »

on Aug 20th, 2005, 10:10am, Ree wrote:

.....Im always so afraid he will die from that imatrex and zomig.....  

um....PARDON??  Ree, please tell me he's not taking both of those?  One or the other but never both, honey - you know that.  Roxy will kick your ass if he's mixing triptans.   And there will be a lineup behind her, trust me.

Don't let Dave go on preventatives, ok?  Today marks 8 months in cycle for Mike.  Never again will we do the preventatives.  Battle each hit with abortives, but no more prevents!  

love you, girlie.

IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Beast_Killer

Email

« Reply #28 on: Aug 22nd, 2005, 9:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Aug 22nd, 2005, 8:56am, Margi wrote:

Battle each hit with abortives, but no more prevents!  

I'm confused (prolly cause I'm a noob).  Could you explain that?  Whats wrong with prevetatives?
IP Logged
dis
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #29 on: Aug 22nd, 2005, 10:18am »

Has he ever tried using oxygen.  I just tried it for the first time (after 25 years) and it works like a miracle.  Good luck.
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #30 on: Aug 22nd, 2005, 10:27am »

on Aug 22nd, 2005, 9:50am, Beast_Killer wrote:

I'm confused (prolly cause I'm a noob).  Could you explain that?  Whats wrong with prevetatives?

Hi - I am only speaking from personal experience here but we feel the preventatives (lithium for six months, then added in verapamil because the lithium appeared to stop working) have made my husband's cycle seem to be never ending.  He did the lithium pulsing method and it did help for the first four months of his cycle.  But then the beast switched sides on him and he hasn't gotten any relief since.  Mike used to go completely med free and his cycles were never longer than three months.  Three cycles ago, he started using the preventatives - verapamil and lithium.  That cycle lasted 6 months.  The next cycle, 5 months.  This cycle - we're now at the 8 month mark and still going.  We honestly do feel that had he gone preventative free and only battled each attack with oxygen/imitrex, his cycle would have ended by now.  We've been comparing notes with some oldtimer cluster friends and they've had similar experiences with preventatives.  Again, just our opinion.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
BonnieW
New Board Veteran
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #31 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 5:07pm »

Ree - so sorry to hear about Dave.  Warren seems to finally (cross my fingers) be in remission - after 6 months.  His cycles have gotten longer, but so have the remissions.  He uses just abortives too - and mostly oxygen.  Hoping this will be a short cycle for Dave (and you) - will be thinking about you and saying a prayer!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss