Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 5:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « KIP10 symptom "suicidal"? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   KIP10 symptom "suicidal"?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: KIP10 symptom "suicidal"?  (Read 2787 times)
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

Re: KIP10 symptom "suicidal"?
« Reply #50 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 9:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Sep 8th, 2005, 9:01am, Jill wrote:
No matter what, if someone on here comes and speaks about it, than we need to help them in anyway we can.. atleast letting them know that they arent alone and so forth..

I agree with you, Jill. You did mention that people who are going to go through with killing themselves don't tell others about it, and I'd like to just point out that this isn't always true. Sometimes, people reach out as a last ditch effort.
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #51 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 10:09am »

A debate? I would say that it's more of a discussion, and I haven't seen anyone's views being ridiculed. On a discussion board, are we not supposed to discuss things?  
 Huh
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
Jill
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Sweden 

"Life is a series of goodbyes and hellos" Billy J.

Worldshots2003   FarmerGJill
WWW Email

« Reply #52 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 10:10am »

Quote:
Wow this has turned into a debate...When all it was truely intended was to help those with desperation...  

Fear of ridicule would turn me away

I agree with you Kim - this shouldnt have turned into a debate. Sometimes it seems that assumptions are made like saying the people dont get 'true' KIP 10's on a daily basis.. and they shouldnt.

I can understand why suicide would be considered as an option, I have been there before and I know that coming on this board can be a life saver.. I think that that is the important message to be said.... we understand, support and guide whoever needs it, no matter what.

Jill
IP Logged

"If you learn from your suffering and really come to understand the lesson you were taught you might be able to help someone else who is now in the phase. Maybe that is what its all about after all.."
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #53 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 10:45am »

Not everyone looks at suicide as hurting there family and friends some look at it as a way out of pain and helping family and friends from worrying, misunderstanding, and sorrow in not being able to help.

I will not deny the thought has crossed my mind many of times when the pain won't stop and repeats over and over.  
We are here for you all at least those that do read this far past the debate.  hug

Kim
Its hard, its a challenge, be strong and talk to us, if you fear ridicule IM one of us.  
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2005, 10:46am by KMT » IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #54 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 6:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I must have misread or misinterpreted something here..........I don't see a debate occurring but merely a topic of discussion. Not trying to be a wiseguy....clue me in, please.

Thanks,
Bob
IP Logged
Salvelinus
New Board Junior
USA 

With Him, all things are possible. ><>

« Reply #55 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 6:40pm »

Embarassed

Sorry, BlueMeanie.  I did misunderstand you.   Smiley

Namaste,
--Scott
IP Logged

Namaste,
--Scott ><>

"When no one else knows how I feel,
You run to me, with outstretched hands,
and you hold me in your arms.
Again."
--Building 429
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #56 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 8:09pm »

I guess I just was looking at the debate on the misinterpretation of the kip scale but to each the kip scale is still individual.  If they hurt bad enough and think this is the worst then they may contemplate.  Same as the pain scale used in the hospital its individuals pain tolerance. Undecided twocents

IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #57 on: Sep 9th, 2005, 1:40pm »

I also think that Kip 10 is reserved only for the worst of the worst.  The worst 3 or 5 CHs i have ever had are the only ones i call a kip 10.  
PF wishes to all
BMonee

IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

anarch
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #58 on: Sep 14th, 2005, 10:46am »

on Aug 29th, 2005, 9:44am, AussieBrian wrote:
Certainly this is a subject that must be discussed, it just bothers me a little that a new-comer's first point of conact with our board is 'Cluster Headache Specific'.

The reigning threads here are "Kip10 Sympton Suicidal"  (27 Aug) along with "Suicide & CH/Migraine Patients" posted 18 Aug and now up to it's 6th page!

Never-ever to detract from the importance of the subject, rare as it appears to be, I can't help wondering if perhaps there might not be a better place to discuss it.

Purely for the sake of our incoming friends, you understand.   Reckon they might be scared enough already.

Just to add perspective from somebody who just found this site, I have recently been actually considering suicide as a reasonable thing to do (don't worry, I'm not going to do it!  It's just that the pain's been so bad for the last couple weeks that it's a good thing I don't own a gun...), and frankly I'm relieved to hear other peoples' stories.  It makes me feel a little less crazy, if that makes sense.
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #59 on: Sep 14th, 2005, 11:08am »

Hi Anarch,
Welcome, I'm glad you found us!
Tell us a bit more about yourself and lets see if we can help you in any way
Regards
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #60 on: Sep 15th, 2005, 6:17am »

G'day Anarch, and welcome to Bedlam.  The simple fact you're willing to discuss the problem means you are actually part of the solution.

Should be more of it and looking foward to hearing from you soon,

Brian Down Under.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Cooked Brain
New Board Old Timer
Netherlands 

a.k.a. Max Payne, YOUCH this hurts...

« Reply #61 on: Sep 16th, 2005, 7:54pm »

in cycle: at least one 10 a day  Undecided
IP Logged

"We can NOT solve our problems with the same kind of thinking that got us IN to the problem in the first place" Albert Einstein
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #62 on: Sep 17th, 2005, 9:07am »

Oh goodie for me... this is my 20 year anniversary of ch hell.  
I have been very fortunate to not have any 10's in many years, but I do remember them well.
I don't think its so much the thought of killing oneself, more the mis-mangled thought that you can get "it" out of your head.  A couple times I thought that if I chopped off the left side of my head and left it in another room, I'd be ok.
Or the time I thought that if I laid my head in the road and let a truck run over my head, I'd get up, walk away, and be ok. Perfectly logical at the time, but then, everything during a 10 is topsy-turvy and no other thing -absolutely NOTHING- matters except ending the pain. Never even occurred to me during those times that not only would the pain stop, but also my life.
Just my opinion and experience.
IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #63 on: Oct 15th, 2005, 3:10am »

heres my two cents worth
kip10's are rare  
can come back to back
hurt like hell
make you wish you were dead
did try but couldnt get the window open
thought anyway if i do kill myself the beast has won so SCREW HIM i'm staying alive an beating the crap outta him!!!!!!
pfdan to ya  
zany
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #64 on: Oct 15th, 2005, 8:32am »

At the first OUCH convention in Las Vegas we discussed the suicidal thoughts that accompany CH. Most everyone there had a "plan" for suicide if the pain got to the point we couldn't handle it. Most of us don't act on it, but if we're honest we HAVE had the thoughts.  

One neuro I saw asked me two questions:  What do you do when a headache hits (scream, bang head, etc) and Have you ever thought of suicide (of course, haven't you? - he was a clusterhead also). He answered me, "Yes, but we're talking about you."  

I went thru over a year where Kip 10s were more common than not. Then finally hit on the right meds and now keep them down to below a 10 most of the time. But I don't think Kip 10s are that uncommon when we're getting hit night and day.  

My 2 cents....

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Carl_D

Email

« Reply #65 on: Oct 15th, 2005, 2:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

From 1987 to 1998 I was episodic and had some bad hits, but in '93 I had my first "10's" and it scared the hell out of me, I literally thought I would die from it.

When I went chronic, I started getting hit with 10's all the time. My first year chronic I didn;t understand what was happening, and why they weren't going away. Then I found this place, and was already at a very desperate point (I think my first post was called "Ready To Die" or something).  
In 2002 I went through alot of different things, and by january of 2003 I was spending my time isolated from the world, just got out of a bad relationship, and basically just shut off from the world in a dire depression. One night I went into a 10 and said "Fuck this. I don't want to do this anymore" (mind you, no meds would work for me and I just rode the bastages out) grabbed a bottle of mountain dew, and began swallowing all of my meds, thinking "I will just go to sleep and cease to exist." I had no phone, my doors were locked, and I never got visitors at that period in time. To this day I don't know who found me or how I got to the hospital, I just remember waking up hardly able to swallow or breathe wondering, "WTF? HUH?"
After I got out of the hospital and began coming back to a somewhat normal (ha) state of mind, I delved into a new band, and started to actually let people back into my life. Then I came back here to CH.com and haven;t left since.  
Now, though I can get some crazy thoughts during a hard unaborted hit, I rarely get suicidal. Instead, now I have other stuff going on like major insomnia that I fear will cut my life short like my folks who died too young. I don;t come from the best genes so to speak. Kind of ironic...don;t want to live but don't want to die.  

This is just me of course. It was my 2nd and final attempt. I am convinced even if I shot myself in the head next time, I'd probably survive and be worse off than I am now. Not to mention, it would crush my niece who is 14 and has dubbed me her favorite uncle. Who knows what will happen. I could go episodic one day. That is something to hope for.

If someone is suicidal or you suspect they are, talking about it and dealing with it can be a good thing. However, when someone refuses to talk about it, that is when it may be time to worry and seek outside help.

And if anyone here is reading this and contemplating taking the plunge - GET HELP! Consider this a war with the CH beast and if you give in - he wins. Never surrender to the enemy. EVER! There are alternatives, suicide isn't one of them.

Peace and PF wishes,
Carl D
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss