Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 8:20pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Do people suffer different severity of CH? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Do people suffer different severity of CH?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Do people suffer different severity of CH?  (Read 2724 times)
imnotbub
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Do people suffer different severity of CH? You
« Reply #50 on: Dec 12th, 2005, 11:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You've got alot of input here. To add to it I absolutley believe that everyones kip scale is different. If you are new to clusters you may not have even had the worse to come and your "kip scale" for yourself can change. In other words, what you think is a 4-5 now may become a 2-3 later.  

Amen to this. When I first came to this discussion group I thought that the CH's I was having had to be a "10". As one reads about other's experiences, the CH's you thought were the worst pain ever experienced by man or beast were probably no more than a "6 or 7", at least in my case. Since I have only had three or four cycles in my life, I didn't know what the "F" was going on the first couple, so I didn't put it together that it was something other than a sinus infection, (A real a$$ kicker, but that's what I thought) which is why I'm not sure how many I've had exactly.
 Now I have more insight into this. This could be a curse, because it means that I now know that I may get more severe attacks in the future.  
I think you will find with time and experience that you really could not play golf at all if you were any higher than a "2", at least not any golf that would be worth playing.  
Be prepared for the next one. I know now that my 'studliness' as far as not needing anything but a red bull and an hour or so of pacing around, was thanks to the beast not really grabbing me by the balls yet. I will be seeking O2 for the house now, not waiting for the next cycle.
Does any one know if O2 bottles 'expire' like a fire extinguisher, or will it last while waiting to be used?
IP Logged

Life may not be good, but I think it beats the alternative, and if it doesn't, we'll find out soon enough
Melissa

Email

Re: Do people suffer different severity of CH?
« Reply #51 on: Dec 12th, 2005, 11:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Oh boy.  My ch's vary in degree with each cycle.  This particular cycle has been no exception.  Last cycle the pain was relentless, ruthless and brought me to my knees over and over again.

This time around, I am on a new medication for an unrelated condition, and am also on kudzu.  The attacks have been never above a kip5 and don't last longer than an hour.  Something new this time around tho, is day long shadowing.  The only way I can describe it, is if someone slammed your head in a door repeatedly and the pain that reverberates afterwards, lasts all day long. Undecided

Anyway, don't mean to repeat, but one persons kip 3 is anothers kip 7.  YMMV

I hope your pain is completely gone now.

mel
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss