Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 5:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « just as i thought »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   just as i thought
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: just as i thought  (Read 338 times)
keithr1024
New Board Newbie
USA 

brainstew anyone?

just as i thought
« on: Sep 30th, 2005, 7:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

thank you for clearing things up for me  i asked these    ?s becuse the doctor i seen today said that he calls ch's "smokers headaches" and that pepole who were born in months following the fall equnox(sp)leading to the summer soltice and had a tramatic injury or illness at birth were more likely to have ch's. my better judgement told me that his ideas were off base.i apologize for lack of grammer and puncuation and spelling brains been frying for 2months now. thank you for your anwsers
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

Re: just as i thought
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30th, 2005, 9:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

i fele lik i noyou  ? have ubin heer b4   ?
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30th, 2005, 9:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Sep 30th, 2005, 7:39pm, keithr1024 wrote:
 thank you for clearing things up for me  i asked these    ?s becuse the doctor i seen today said that he calls ch's "smokers headaches" and that pepole who were born in months following the fall equnox(sp)leading to the summer soltice and had a tramatic injury or illness at birth were more likely to have ch's. my better judgement told me that his ideas were off base.i apologize for lack of grammer and puncuation and spelling brains been frying for 2months now. thank you for your anwsers

A history of head injuries is more common in cluster heads than in the general public.  So are allergies and smoking.  But it is too simple to say that these are the cause - they are risk factors or aggravating factors.  

I have never seen any information related to the month of birth.  But it is not out of the question.  For many, this disease has circadian and annual cycles, which can be genetic.  My daughter and I share the same birthday (±1 day) ...  coincidence, or did I inherit genes that make me more active in certain times of the year??
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2005, 9:56pm by floridian » IP Logged
marty
New Board Old Timer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 1st, 2005, 5:39am »

Hi Keithr

I think that the main problem that we (CH'rs) are dealing with when it comes to doctors is that they don't know what causes and/or cures CH. Therefore, being what they are, it becomes a matter of them being open-minded or not. Most of them are not and they stick with what-ever explanation they feel fits the problem - be it right or wrong, they seem to take offense when challenged by a patient.  

This becomes very frustrating when a CH patient is refered to a neurologist; if the patient is a female, it is likely that the patient is told that they do not have CH since it does not strike females, if the patient drinks a lot of coffee, it is rebound headaches, if a smoker, it is smokers-headache etc, etc.

It is a lot easier to diagnose something that is treatable, such as migraine or rebound headaches. Migraine because it is a known type of headache that is fairly common and rebound headaches because there is a definite cause for these that can be isolated and treated. Once you diagnose, or agree with an earlier diagnose of cluster headaches, the doctor is entering an area where he has little or very limited knowledge and he/she is unlikely to admit that.  

So, if you dance around the big oak tree at midnight, where born on a certain date, don't have the facial features of a CH'r, smoke - drink - do drugs, are female..  you are likely to be diagnosed with something else than CH - as of now, we have to live with this until we come up with a way of educating the medical society.

Marty
IP Logged
keithr1024
New Board Newbie
USA 

brainstew anyone?

« Reply #4 on: Oct 1st, 2005, 7:24am »

on Sep 30th, 2005, 9:51pm, Sean_C wrote:
i fele lik i noyou  ? have ubin heer b4   ?

yes i have been here before, last year october during my last cycle. You ?ed my integertiy and we exchanged minor unpleasentries never the less i still pray for you and all other chers.... go red socks
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 2nd, 2005, 7:02pm »

Keith,

Find a different doctor.  Your's sounds a bit surrealistic - like out of a bad novel.

Please get a second opinion.

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss