Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 9:46am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « pregnancy and clusters »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   pregnancy and clusters
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: pregnancy and clusters  (Read 372 times)
Lissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

pregnancy and clusters
« on: Oct 12th, 2005, 7:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My husband and I are talking about having a child.  I'm worried about the clusters.  Is there anything safe to take while pregnant for clusters?
IP Logged

Episodic cluster survivor since 1995 at age 16.
Kate in Oz
New Board Old Timer
Australia 

339600790 339600790    

Re: pregnancy and clusters
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12th, 2005, 7:53am »

Hi Lissa,

I'm not really up on all the med info but surely oxygen would be ok for aborting a hit - if that works for you?

There is some hope - when I was pregnant with my son in 2002 I didn't get a cylce at all!  In fact I didn't get a cycle until just before he turned 2 - the longest pain free time I've experienced in my 15 years of this.

I have read other women here have had the same.... and then others who have had cycles...  we're all so different - but I'll be crossing my fingers for you  Wink

No doubt someone who knows will be along soon to answer your question.

Wishin you and your partner all the very best!!! having a kid was the best thing I've ever done.

Good luck  baby

Kate
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12th, 2005, 8:16am »

Hey Lissa.

When I was pregnant with my son nearly 10 years ago, just like Kate, no cycle.

Before my pregnancy I used to get hit very hard but the cycles only started again after I stopped breastfeeding about 6 months later.

Don't know if this is the trend.  I'm sure more women will reply.  Strange occurence though as CH does not seem to have anything to do with hormones.

But having that baby will be the greatest blessing in your life. Smiley
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #3 on: Oct 14th, 2005, 8:28pm »

Hi Lissa,

Right now I am pregnant wiht my third and have  had lots of HA parties of different kinds.(I get migraines too) with my first two i was pretty much PF.  

each preganacy and each person is different and you need to have good communication between you and your OB and your neuro. It's a good idea to discuss this before you get pregnant so you can be prepared. Oxygen is okay for me and I've had to resort to other meds, under close supervision, when I was exhausted...weighing benefit vs. risk and my health and baby's.  

Triptans are a huge no no.

feel free to PM me if you want to chat more,
be well and PF!
-lionsound
IP Logged
Lissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 17th, 2005, 9:18am »

Thank you lionsound.   Smiley  I am not pregnant yet but I just wanted to make sure ahead of time that there is treatment during pregnancy.  I got hit pretty hard over the weekend.  It was my worst cluster in years.  I am definitely going to hold off on having a child until this cycle is done.  

Thanks again!
IP Logged

Episodic cluster survivor since 1995 at age 16.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss