Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 12:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Capsaicin  constitutent of cayenne papper »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Capsaicin  constitutent of cayenne papper
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Capsaicin  constitutent of cayenne papper  (Read 645 times)
LV
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Capsaicin  constitutent of cayenne papper
« on: Oct 12th, 2005, 4:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi  

I am an episodic sufferer and currently in the cycle, has anyone tried

Capsaicin, a constituent of cayenne pepper which can reduce the levels of substance P in nerves
Substance P is a nerve chemical involved in pain transmission that may cause some of the symptoms of cluster headache

Many thanks  
LV
IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

Re: Capsaicin  constitutent of cayenne papper
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12th, 2005, 4:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My neuro said it wouldn't help me any.

Goodluck

PF Wishes
UNsolved
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12th, 2005, 4:59pm »

Hi LV...
here's what our learned member Floridian has to say about substance P (and capsaicin)
http://med-owl.com/clusterheadaches/tiki-index.php?page=Substance+P
pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
rextangle

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12th, 2005, 5:05pm »

I've snorted cayenne pepper before as an abortive.
Don't recommend it... it's a jackass thing to do.
It hurts like a mofo and, sure it distracts the pain for a minute, but don't do it, unless you enjoy being maced.

However, using hot pepper in my daily food seems to clear up some nasty shadows...

Rex

IP Logged
Jill
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Sweden 

"Life is a series of goodbyes and hellos" Billy J.

Worldshots2003   FarmerGJill
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12th, 2005, 6:33pm »

on Oct 12th, 2005, 5:05pm, rextangle wrote:
I've snorted cayenne pepper before as an abortive.
Don't recommend it... it's a jackass thing to do.
It hurts like a mofo and, sure it distracts the pain for a minute, but don't do it, unless you enjoy being maced.

However, using hot pepper in my daily food seems to clear up some nasty shadows...

Rex

LOL - I am so glad that I am not the only one who has done this! Looking back now, I cant believe that I tried it but when the pain level is high enough... well... I will do anything - though somethings only once.

And I too dont recommend it, the pain of the pepper up the nose is bad - made the CH attack go through the roof!

Jill
IP Logged

"If you learn from your suffering and really come to understand the lesson you were taught you might be able to help someone else who is now in the phase. Maybe that is what its all about after all.."
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12th, 2005, 7:21pm »

Civamide is the purified cis isomer of capsaicin

4. Civamide clinical trials have closed out and the number crunching has begun. What they learned from the earlier trials with civamide is that it works most effectively in a prevention mode. It appears to work on a cumulative effect. The first week does not show much improvement, but by the time they get out to 20 days there is marked improvement. This may be something that can be used to abort a cycle, not just an attack.

OUCH comvention report, 2003
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 6:53am »

Capsiacin massage oil makes a horrible "personal lubricant." It's a long, painful, embarrassing story, so I won't go into it. Just trust me on this one.  Cry Grin Sad Shocked
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #7 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 12:34pm »

My diet consists of some of the spiciest foods that can be found. The level of capsaicin in my body is usually higher than what you would get to after using one of these treatments.

I don't think it helps me a bit when it comes to CH. I still get them when I'm in cycle.
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
madprof
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Oct 16th, 2005, 12:48am »

Having tried every last miracle cure over the last thirty four years, I was skeptical, to say the least, of Sinus Buster. Tried it nonetheless and can't assert for sure that it doesn't help. It clears up the sinuses instantly.  It also got rid of some of my usual shadows. I have the impression - nothing more than an impression - that it reduces the severity of an attack. Not a cure, certainly, nor is it something I would do for fun. But I was surprised - it does something. You might want to try it once, see if it makes a difference for you.
IP Logged
Dragonwynd
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Oct 16th, 2005, 9:52am »

I myself have also snorted dried pepers of all sorts. As well as eatting very hot foods and pepers by themselves. But one thing that seems to help a little, not alot but a little is wasabi mustard. i love sushi so both go together. I know that if you put your head in a wood vise and beat it till you pass out has helpped me on many occasions....... Undecided
IP Logged

When you change the way you look at things ...The things you are looking at will change
rextangle

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 16th, 2005, 11:58am »

Don't put wasabi IN THE NOSE, though...
You can never run fast enough to get away from that pain.
It truly really incredibly sucks... not for the faint of heart! Shocked
IP Logged
ben_uk
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

100%O2

« Reply #11 on: Oct 18th, 2005, 10:37am »

From the current edition of New Scientist  
Page 14.

Spice up your nights
If you want to sleep better, eat chillies. Not only will you sleep more deeply, but you will feel more alert the next day. Andrew Davies of the University of Tasmania in Launceston and his team placed 25 people on a diet containing 30 grams of chopped chilli a day for four weeks. On average, the volunteers went to bed 2 hours later and slept for 20 minutes less than in the previous four weeks, when their diet had been chilli-free. But they were also less active in their sleep and seemed to sleep more deeply, Davies told the Australasian Sleep Association conference held last week in Surfers Paradise, Queensland. The participants also reported feeling more alert the next day and were more physically active. The researchers have yet to pinpoint which ingredients in chilli are responsible.

Shocked
IP Logged

www.clustermasx.com

rextangle

Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 18th, 2005, 1:15pm »

Ben, I continue to eat hot peppers daily. In my case, I can't say that I sleep better. With CH, who does?

More alert? Don't think so...

But the title of that article should be
"SPICE UP YOUR MORNINGS!"

You know, that feeling of "HEAT" you get before your flush down what you ate the night before? Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss