Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 4:50pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « sumatriptan »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   sumatriptan
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: sumatriptan  (Read 584 times)
mattyf_69
New Board Newbie
England 

hope for best expect the worse & take what comes

sumatriptan
« on: Oct 17th, 2005, 6:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi all i have just been to the doctors (armed with information thanks helen) and they prescribed me with sumatriptan injections 6mg has anyone had this med is it ok Huh
IP Logged

i love kit
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: sumatriptan
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17th, 2005, 6:21am »

Yep Matty, I've had those myself (still do have them in my arsenal BTW!) I'm assuming you have the stat dose pens? What would you like to know?
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

mattyf_69
New Board Newbie
England 

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17th, 2005, 6:51am »

hiya  i have 2 6x0 .5ml pre-fill syr was just a bit nervous about taking it what sort of side affects ect but i am a happy bunny  i mentioned  the p c t to the gp and within 3mins he prescibed the med that i have been trying to get for last 2years  thank u Smiley
IP Logged

i love kit
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17th, 2005, 7:47am »

Have you read the leaflet that comes with it? I won't type them all up here unless for some reason you didn't get a information leaflet! (Its LOONG!)
I find the best place to stab myself is in the side of my waist, some others use their arm or thigh.. the choice is yours, its only a subcutaneous injection so it isn't deep. Push it against yourself hard, you don't want to miss and waste it because as I said its only a tiny needle.. then press the button down, it can be quite stiff so it takes some effort.
Good luck with it and let us know how you get on! BTW you can use two doses in a 24 hour preiod but you must leave at least an hour between doses due to the vasoconstriction I was telling you about on the other thread.
Did you ask about Oxygen at all? Now that really IS my wonder drug!! Its my first choice every time and when your doctor realises you are going to be wanting these injections every day he is going to be alot more receptive to how cheap O2 is in comparison!  Grin
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

mattyf_69
New Board Newbie
England 

« Reply #4 on: Oct 17th, 2005, 7:55am »

got to pick the med up later will read it. thank u again  u have been such a great help i will let u know how it all goes Smiley
IP Logged

i love kit
scott100afc
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 10:59am »

hi mate these are great i take them they work in about 3 mins the side affects make you feel fucked up for a few mins two but they sure work its great feeling the pain go so quick
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss