Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 2:44am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « End of cycle? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   End of cycle?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: End of cycle?  (Read 561 times)
PPRanch
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

End of cycle?
« on: Oct 20th, 2005, 3:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

For all of the information that I've received from this board over the years, I don't recall ever seeing any references to what must be one of our most cherished occurences..........the approaching end of a cycle (I'm sure it must have been discussed and I just missed it)As a 35 year host to the beast, I probably have as much experience with it as anyone here and yet I've never been able to establish any indication of a sign or pattern that "normalcy" is just around the corner.  In the past several years, I have been able to ascertain,  as much as 2 weeks in advance, that I'm about to get a visit (that "feeling"Wink but have been unable to zero in on any indication that the visitor is getting ready to leave.  Has anyone here been able to detect such a pattern?
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

Re: End of cycle?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 4:16am »

I can speak for but myself, and the answer is yes.

Regardless the intensity or duration of any hit before it, the last one is so perfectly sharp that all but one of the angels would be knocked off the point of the needle.  The poker's not red-hot, it's white, and the pain is pure to the point of being orgasmic.

I actually look forward to it and revel in the sheer glory of it's perfect agony, but wouldn't try explaining that to others.

Only another CHead could ever understand.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 10:08am »

Brian i've never felt like an orgasm with a hit Wink
must be something to do with the country you hail from laugh
zany
p.s if you like it that much i suggest a dominatrix Wink
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2005, 10:09am by zanychef » IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 10:04am »

We don't talk about the end of our cycles because we know the Beast reads this board all the time.

I personally posted twice that I thought my cycle ended, only to get slammed that same night.

My cycles usually end in whimpers. The last one ended with many days of shadows, with one or two hits during a 2-3 week period, then one day the shadow is gone, and so is the cycle.
IP Logged
jon019

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 12:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi PPRanch,

Patterns for end of cycle? Sometimes...

Night time hits seem the first to go. From hourly, to every couple of hours to 1 or 2 to none. All the while, day hits remain unchanged.  

Then day hits start reducing. First to go are the random ones that happen at unpredictable times vs the "set my watch by" 'em" ones. Those are next with the morning hits first to go.  

Last and NOT least are the afternoon and evening. Here I totally relate to Aussiebrian. Usually get VERY intense,
rapid onset and "shorter" duration hits. Worse than any but ,by damn, I too look forward to them cuz it means the beast is checking out (See Hotel California, he never really leaves) for a while. To quote "the sheer glory of its perfect agony"  sums it up. AussieB explained it fine , and I do understand.

Confirm check out with a beer. Sipped very slow (which is a crime to beer drinkers) because I have been wrong!

Other times, they just stop or start and I can't figure a ryme or reason. (Well, I do "suspect" MSG as a cycle start trigger, but it could be cooincidence).

Regards

Jon019
IP Logged
CHater
New Board Newbie
Belgium 

I hope sex is not a trigger, hehe...

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25th, 2005, 1:11pm »

Hello all...

I am a CH sufferer for about 15 years now. I was here in the beginning but haven't been here for a year or 3 as I was 'free' that time.

After my first 2 years of CH I tried all kinda medicine as you all know by here. Then I discovered a 'Ostheopate' (I think this is called giropracticer in English) whom I visited evrytime a cycle seemed to start. By 1 or 2 sessions the cycle stopped and I could easily drink wines and stuff again without any problem.

This time, since a week or 3, I have again 2 to 3 attacks evry 24 hrs. I allready passed three sessions with him without the wanted result.  
The last session was yesterday and I had only 1 attack this morning 5.30 am.

But all day long I had a slight headache that felt like rebound HA, maybe because of the medicine stop.??

My giropacticer told me it is really the season for CH patients now ??

My Question :
- Do most of you get a cycle in Fall and has it hit you also very hard this year ?
- Could it be that my slight headache (which is very bearable vs. CH) all day announces the end of my cycle ??

Would be nice to see some reactions of you!!

Take care and beat the beast all of you!!

It's not that I haven't been here for a while that I don't feel with you....

Herwig  
BELGIUM
IP Logged

It hurts..but relax and stay positive.
Our life isn't in danger by CH, only life-quality is somehow affected.
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #6 on: Oct 25th, 2005, 1:23pm »

on Oct 20th, 2005, 4:16am, AussieBrian wrote:
The poker's not red-hot, it's white, and the pain is pure to the point of being orgasmic.

I actually look forward to it and revel in the sheer glory of it's perfect agony, but wouldn't try explaining that to others.

Only another CHead could ever understand.

I understand exactly what you're describing.  I have used the word "elegant" to describe the pain of that final hit, in that it is so absolute and unique.  My cycles end abruptly afterwards.

Herwig, episodics can get a cycle any time of year, but I think many, including myself are autumn people.  So far this year, no hint of a new cycle for me. Smiley
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
RobHealy
New Board Newbie
USA 

Pain is no evil unless it conquers us.

robhealy5

« Reply #7 on: Nov 5th, 2005, 6:16pm »

Funny, I was thinking about this very subject today as I feel that  I am nearing the end of a cycle.

My "end signal" is a mish-mash of many of the things already mentioned.  I've hit fool's gold about one or two weeks into a cycle and always found that I've got to be in cycle for about three weeks at the least to even look for light at the end of the tunnel.

I'll usually have something akin to what AussieBrian mentioned.  I'll have gone through Kip 8s and 9s for a few 20-30 minute attacks, including slumber rousing attacks, then I'll have a Kip 6 or 7 for a longer attack all culminating in one BIG MOTHA with all the trimmings.  Inner ear clicking, nose stuffed to the point of explosion, copious amounts of watery nasal discharge becoming increasingly viscous, ptosis to the max with ultra photophobia, tender neck (or carotid artery within?? feels like the soreness of 100 120 lb. shrugs without the "pumped" feeling) and the EVIL white hot pin that doesn't stab once, but repeatedly hits making the entire right side of my upper body spasm and curdle.  Every jab of that acid splattering explosion in my eyeball seems to result in a stream of tears pouring forth from my right eye along with a intense dry mouth, soft upper pallette, a sensation of my ear canal constricting and an urge to void the nasty ectoplasmic junk from my stuffy (yet not completely clogged) nostril.

After that massive sucker, I'll usually be SO washed out that even though I've been afraid to sleep in the weeks prior, I'll pass out.  If I wake up with no shadow or a VERY slight one, I can almost be certain I am done for the time being.

Another test I do when I'm really hit bad (along with that lovely beer sipping test Wink) is to bend down really quickly as if you were to pick something up.  If I don't get that painful rush of blood to the head feeling, I know I am on the way out of,  or done, with the cycle.

Something ELSE that comes to mind is to try to open my eyes REALLY wide - even if I'm not having an attack.  If I can do it without that acidic sting stabbing just once, I'll know I'm not as bad as I could be.

Last and final harbinger of relief would be when I stop waking up with a dry mouth.

Hope this offers some help?!

Pain Free Days Y'all.

My best,
Rob
« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2005, 11:58pm by RobHealy » IP Logged
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #8 on: Nov 6th, 2005, 2:38am »

back when i was episodic i found apart from the motha of all attacks i would get a 'switch' about 7 days before the end of my cycle Grin
was always a relief to me when it came Smiley
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 6th, 2005, 5:20pm »

Like an AC wave.

Developes with increased frequency, duration and pain, then peaks like the AussieBrain said, then sometimes switch sides like the zanychef said, then starts to decrease in frequency, duration and pain and then a final crescendo, then gone.

But don't bet your boots on it, cause sometimes the beast tricks you and does something totally different.  

Unpredictable B*st*rd! Angry
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

« Reply #10 on: Nov 7th, 2005, 6:07am »

Funny how much comes back to you when you're in cycle - I do remember last year getting my worst ever hit & it was the last outside the odd shadow.

But now I know what it is - the best cure has to be this board. After all not only do you get to keep fantastic company, but learn about the clustermasx mask for the O2 cylinder. Arrived the next day and proved how good it was  that night - thanks Ben.

Oh and all at clusterbusters - so much so that this'll be my last post as 'Beastfodder'  - now I need to find a better name because for the first time I'm not fodder for the beast no more (assuming I can change the damn thing).  
IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss