Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 5:41am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Low Even for Me! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Low Even for Me!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Low Even for Me!  (Read 636 times)
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

New Low Even for Me!
« on: Oct 21st, 2005, 10:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

2 nd time this has happened, Was laying down when I got blind sided by the f*^#ing Beast. tried to ride out laying there. eye watering, nose flushing, head splitting, did I mention nose running alot? well between nose running and me laying down started running down throat and causing me to gag and pain level not letting me freakn walk straight was lucky to make the porclian prayer trough to puke for almost 2 hours. finially finished almost same time the beast did so was able to go back and get a little nap till I had to get up for work. needless to say between throat being raw from power chucking and tired I am pretty useless today. Any ideas how to slow the whole nose thing? usually not to bad but lately been alot worse. Wife usually stays shielded form my power bouts but she had to listen in to the whole ordeal this time and when she asked what was wrong I just told her I was ok now. I guess that is part of why she doesnt know much about this carp I wont tell her how bad it gets. With things progressivly worsening she seems to want to know more so I think I will try again to explain to her what is going on in the brain pan. well done venting now.

Mike
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: New Low Even for Me!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 11:20am »

Mike I don't know if there is anything you can take that wil dry your nose out without exacerbating your noggin - hang in there matey and get Mrs Ghost to come and look at this site if you can. She would learn alot and make some new friends too.. (like ME!!  Grin )
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 11:21am »

Well, Mike, I have found some good nose and eye relief from the nighttime cocktail.  That allergy med, or benadryl seems to keep my nose and eye from runnin pretty well.  Doesnt do much for the morning or daytime hits, though.
Stay strong, invest in Kleenex.
BMonee
IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 11:49am »

Let the wife in dude!!!!

I don't get the runny nose anymore.
I get completely blocked up.

I would however vomit from the surge in pain before I was able to calm myself.

Good luck
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 12:12pm »

Mike, be sure and check with your doc, but  a sinus/allergy relief med like sinutab really can help with the runny nose and facial pressure.  Wont touch the ch, of course, but it does help with the other stuff.
IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
rextangle

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 3:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

JenniferD, I hate to disagree with you, but sinus pills can worsen the condition! Talking from experience...

Mike, tell your wife... god knows how long you'll be able to continued hiding this... if you get a kip 8-10, there will be no way of hiding this anymore... better safe than sorry.
Good luck and PF to you,
Rex
IP Logged
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #6 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 4:24pm »

usually before my night hits I will pop a sudafed and exedrine to help take some of the edge off at least 2 hrs b4 bed it dont do much but every little bit helps ...  just forgot last night ... I guess was feeling really sorry for Tina because she seemed to want to help but I told her there wasnt nothing she could do to help. That was the worst she has gotten to experience and I just felt bad that at that moment I was not able to explain to her why there was nothing she could do. Been married 17 years and I still have trouble telling her when I am hurtn. Go ahead and say it I am an IDIOT!
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 4:49pm »

Your an idiot who responds like many of us do.
It took pleading from my wife and a lot of pride swallowed to allow her to "take care of me".bringing me ice or rubbing my "lump"

Sometimes I want to be alone but other times I really do want her to hold me.

It's all good my brother!!

Deal with it the best way you can but also know that it also effects the ones we love and that she probably needs to feel like she is helping you at least a little.

Give her an inkling of what she could possibly do when you have a PF moment.

Take care and PF wishes!
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 6:43pm »

ghost hey there, hope you are doing better now

i am a supporter, and you sound just like my other half!!!!

the more you try and shield and hide things from your wife the worst it will make you both feel!!!

we have been through a week of hell with Andy's ch, and i was at a loss as to what i could do for him, it was his worst attack ever, never seen him being sick with an attack before then!!!!

please try and explain to your wife what you are going through, and even as e double says, even bringing you an ice pack or just holding you or holding your hand will make her feel that she is doing something to help.

try and get her to come on the site and read other supporters experiences

there is a good post on the supporters thread under the heading of "i feel like a bad wife!"

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/family/fam_tips.htm  

check this out she might find it useful!!!!!

take care  

sandra  
IP Logged
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #9 on: Oct 22nd, 2005, 3:40am »

i find the problem is somewhat allieviated if i put my head in a position that the snot runs out of my nose i.e sitting up
makes a mess on the carpet but theres febreeze and vanish for that  Winkbeats hell out of puking Grin
ian
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 22nd, 2005, 10:50am »

Hey Mike.  I'm sorry you had such a bad night of it.  

OK, you're an IDIOT!  Swallow that macho pride of yours and ask her for help, even if it's just giving you a hug when the hit is over.  You don't have to sit there right in front of her with every hit, but tell her how you feel, and why you need to be alone.  When the hit is over, TELL HER what happened, how you feel now, allow her to do something, anything for you.  The more she is in the dark, the more frightened she will be, and she does not deserve that.  Bring her here, she will learn about CH, and, like Helen said, make some new friends (like me too).

As for the runny nose, mine will run like a faucet, so I absolutely must sit upright and let it drip.  I don't know whether this helps or hurts my CH hit, but I have tried a good snort of Vicks Sinex nasal spray (no other one works for me) up the nostril, which  helps a little with the drip drip.  And, to heck with the Kleenex - I need a freaking bath towel!

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 22nd, 2005, 4:25pm »

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Mike.  

I sympathize with the fear of letting your spouse in.
Take care of you.
Kim
 hug
IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss