Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 5:51am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Shadows Shadows Everywhere »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Shadows Shadows Everywhere
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shadows Shadows Everywhere  (Read 390 times)
jason1212
New Board Newbie
USA 

I'm out of my mind please leave a message

Shadows Shadows Everywhere
« on: Oct 24th, 2005, 2:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, I'm new to this site and I have a question about shadows.  I've been reading as many of the posts as possible but, there are so many it's going to take me a while to read them all.  My problem is that everyday I feel shadows from about 8am (or when I wake up) till about 6 or 7pm nonstop.  They are almost as debilitating as the HA themselves in that I live in such a state of fear it causes me to lock myself in my house and not do anything.  I have read posts suggesting caffine and  taurine and my oxygen.  My question is, is there anything I'm missing or can you point me to some really good threads pertaining to this subject?
IP Logged
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

Re: Shadows Shadows Everywhere
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24th, 2005, 3:02pm »

Hey Jason,
welcome to the site.  I've had daylong shadows as well.  O2 didn't help, but really strong coffee and a couple extra strength tylenol seemed to help.  Just be careful with over the counter meds-rebound HAs area real possibility.  Are you having consistent shadow days or is it just once in awhile?
I know what you mean about the effects-scared to death that any minute they'll turn into full-fledged attacks.  
There have been a quite a few threads on shadows, so I can't point you to any in particular.  
Listen, never give up, never give in.  Gotta live like there's no tomorrow my brother.
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
jason1212
New Board Newbie
USA 

I'm out of my mind please leave a message

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24th, 2005, 3:27pm »

Hi Kathy, thanks for responding.  My shadow problems are everyday, the only time I don't have shadow problems is either 1) after one has become a full blown cluster and has been aborted, and 2) after 6 or 7pm.  All day I massage my temple so much it gets really sore and tender.  It's funny that you mention Tylenol because I have discovered that on my own although it isn't always effective plus I have gotten rebound HA from it.
IP Logged
jon019

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 24th, 2005, 3:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Jason,

New here myself, you will find it beneficial to read most all the threads as subject is sometimes ambiguous and/or unrelated jewels dwell within. The best meds ever are the laughs you will find. Don't know what it is about CH but some of these folks are seriously cracked (pun intended) in a good way. I've laughed and cried (not for the usual reason) and thanked God I found this place.

Looks like you have a few good possibilities to try and you will find more as you read. My suggestion is to try them one at a time. It is easy in desperation to throw all your ammo at once, but then you will not know what works, how well, or if at all.

Have experienced similar "all day hauntings" myself. Caffeine , the right amount and at the right time (only you will know) has helped (matter of fact I need some right now). Other times I just have to live with it. That's an important point Jason. We all have the fear of the next hit. If you let it rule you, it will ruin you. You are going to have to learn how your cycle, cluster, whatever word you want to use, works. Only then will you know what you have to do and when you have to do it.

See an excellent thread on "coping" recently started with a superior post by Rex.

Regards

Jon019
IP Logged
bnfreeman
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24th, 2005, 5:37pm »

Hi Jason,

I have had shadow problems in the past. It has only been in the past few months that I have had any kind of relief. Thanks to Lithium and some other meds. It has taken a while. Are you going over any options with your doc? If not do so. I know how terrible it can be with the nagging pain that won't go away. I found that caffiene made mine worse. Everyone is different. And even if you are lucky and " know your cycle" ,it is a trial and error process. Good luck!

Brandi
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 24th, 2005, 7:45pm »

A coke and an aspirin. Be careful with the caffeine intake, it can be a trigger as well ,after too much. If your ending an episode this works better than when starting.
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
drivin_blind
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Oct 25th, 2005, 2:42pm »

For me shadows are the pitts. Do we have a full blown attack on the horizon? I live on tylenol ex-strenth and caffiene. Can't forget the cigarettes. I do my best to try to ignore them though. I've been chronic for about 20 years. Interesting times though. Usually get hit around 8 to 9am  then again around 6 to 7pm. Of course you get the bastards sprinkled in occasionally during the day just to let you know you haven't got them figured out.  Best of luck to you.  Dick
IP Logged

The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves....will never know.
Spike_Inmyeye
New Board Junior
Syria 

Better living through oxygen!

« Reply #7 on: Oct 25th, 2005, 3:51pm »

Its not so much the shadows that bother me, its the voices . . . .
IP Logged

"If you can treat it over-the-counter it isn't a headache"
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #8 on: Oct 26th, 2005, 10:17am »

ahhhh the voicesssssss i hearrrrrrrrr themmmmm callinggggggggggggggg Wink Grin Grin
seriously shadows are an unpleasant part of it all coffee ciggies and get on with it is about all i can offer on the subject Sad
see you later  
zany
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss