Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 6:38pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Clusters, Bipolar and Hypothalmus »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Clusters, Bipolar and Hypothalmus
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Clusters, Bipolar and Hypothalmus  (Read 1200 times)
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

Re: Clusters, Bipolar and Hypothalmus
« Reply #50 on: Nov 18th, 2005, 12:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 17th, 2005, 8:33pm, Spike_Inmyeye wrote:
BP and CH have been linked to gether before and some of us recognize the science behind this nexus.  Others will never figure it out.

Pardon the Batshit outta me for not being smart enough to join the elite cadre. Didn't know science came up with a definitive test for BP or CH. My bad, or should I say Stoopid.

Ever notice a connection between the seasonality of the disorders?

Nope. Not once. I don't have BP disorder, but I sure have to keep an eye out for it.....a full time job.

Why is lithium the drug of choice for both BP and CH?

False. It's an option drug along the road to proper treatment. In some cases.

Also I have found that Lamictal (an anti-seizure med) helps with CH and BP.  

A cross use drug at best. Sometimes. Not exactly a first choice.  

Give `em hell, Ueli.
RJ

IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #51 on: Nov 18th, 2005, 12:48am »

Spike, can you tell us what Hyp/CH/Bipolar connection is and what has been determined to look promising and a link to it?
Quote:
However, the hypothalmus/CH/Bipolar connection is worth discussion and investigation.  A promising area for future research and relief

Can you provide a link to this, showing its application for CH and its relationship to Bipolar?
Quote:
What would you say if I told you that the same therapy used to sizzle cancer cells in the brain is being considered for use on the hypothalmus to aleviate CH?  May also affect Bipolar and circadian issues.

Can you show us where the research in this link mentions bipolar for the Hyp/CH/bipolar connection?  There isn't any mention of it in this link.
  Quote:
the research into the hypothalmus/CH/bipolar connection is quite interesting and actually promises relief for CH.  Here is a website that comments on the new research and potential therapieswww.mhni.com/clusterheadaches.html.

Can you provide a link to the experiments that connect them?
Quote:
BP and CH have been linked to gether before and some of us recognize the science behind this nexus.

I notice this article you posted in this thread makes a distinction between SAD (seasonal affective disorder) and bipolar mood disorders but the article concludes an interesting similarity between CH and SAD only, not bipolar.
Quote:
If you are interested in the relationship between CH and SAD/Bipolar read the following (Funct Neurol. 1998 Jul-Sep;13(3):263-72):

Cluster headache (CH), seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and bipolar mood disorders...

Changes in the secretory pattern of this neurohormone have also been documented in both CH and SAD.  The possibility of normalizing the secretory rhythm of melatonin by means of phototherapy in SAD, and the therapeutic use of the hormone to prevent the recurrence of active phases in CH, represent further interesting similarities between these two disorders.

NMHA never mentions bipolar once when describing SAD and your article above concludes by mentioning "further interesting similarities between" CH and SAD only, not bipolar.  
http://www.nmha.org/infoctr/factsheets/27.cfm

Spike, had you not been so selective with your deception in what you presented to us, this article below was also where you got your's, which made no connection between CH and bipolar either.

Quote:
1989 Jan-Feb;16(1):33-6. Related Articles, Links  

Prevalence of migraine and muscle tension headache in depressive disorders.

Marchesi C, De Ferri A, Petrolini N, Govi A, Manzoni GC, Coiro V, De Risio C.

Institute of Psychiatry, University of Parma, Italy.

This study was undertaken in order to evaluate the prevalence of headache and its subtypes (migraine, muscle tension headache, cluster and psychogenic headache) in a population of 160 depressed patients. Headache was present in 83 subjects (51.9%); 36 (22.5%) were affected by migraine, 39 (24.4%) by muscle tension headache, six (3.7%) by psychogenic headache and two (1.2%) by cluster headache. No significant differences in the prevalence of migraine and muscle tension headache were observed among patients with major depression, bipolar depressive disorder and dysthymic disorder. These data speak against a specific correlation among subtypes of headache and depressive disorders.

PMID: 2521648 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Not one of the 4 articles on that site made any kind of a connection between clusters and bipolar.  

You have BS'd your entire shpeel about a cluster/bipolar connection with what you've said and presented.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2005, 2:22am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Spike_Inmyeye
New Board Junior
Syria 

Better living through oxygen!

« Reply #52 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 3:52am »

I am taking some serious flack about this stuff.  Lets go one step at a time:

1)  Ueli BP is bipolar, not blood pressure.  Try reading all the words.

2)  There is no DSM V.  There is only DSM IV (text revised).  They aren’t going to start working on the DSM V until, at the earliest, next year and it won't be published for quite some time.  When they refer to an underlying medical condition as an explanation it means is there a medical condition which, in and of itself , explains the symptamatology.

3) You want to know if there is a relationship between BP and Cluster Headache.  I have already given you some citations, here are a few more:

Go to Dr. Robbins website:

http://www.headachedrugs.com/archives/archive.html

and under archives read:  

The Bipolar Spectrum in Cluster Headache Patients?(See Source References) ?Posted: December 2003   ?Breslau N, Merikangas K, Bowden CL:?Comorbidity of Migraine and Major Affective Disorders.?Neurology S  1994; 44:S17-22.?Robbins L, Ludmer C: The Bipolar Spectrum in?Migraine Patients. The American Journal of Pain?Management 2000, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 167-170.

4)  Why is the “link”  between CH/BP and the hypothalamus important?  Well as we learn more about what the hypothalamus controls, and how it helps stimulate the adrenals, thyroid, pituitary, we get a better understanding of the relationship between these organs/glands and hunger, mood, circadian rhythm, sleep, etc.  Is it just a coincidence that CH sufferers have abnormal hypothalamuses?  Ask Professor Goadsby.  His research clearly documents that such a finding exists.  Are your CH cyclical?  My headaches customarily occur in Fall and Spring.  Why do they occur mostly at night?  Circadian rhythm?

So, if we can tweak the hypothalamus chemically (which we already do) or with radiation (as some have suggested) what effect would this have on hypothalamic function.  Forget CH for a moment and consider the other possibilities.

Goadsby calls the relationship between the headache activity, or functional abnormality of the brain, and the structural abnormalities observed in the hypothalamus “striking.”

“The hypothalamus is the part of the brain associated with circadian rhythms -- the 24 hour rhythm of the human body,” Goadsby points out. “Our results demonstrate for the first time the precise location in the brain involved in cluster headaches and helps to explain why this condition shows such striking seasonal variation and clock-like regularity. The findings have profound implications for understanding how the brain is affected in primary headaches.”

5)  Kevin:  I am not sure what you are reading, but the relationship between CH/SAD/BP is clearly discussed.   See:

: Funct Neurol. 1998 Jul-Sep;13(3):263-72.
Related Articles, Links

Cluster headache and periodic affective illness: common chronobiological features.

Costa A, Leston JA, Cavallini A, Nappi G.

University Centre for Adaptive Disorders and Headache (UCADH), Section of Pavia I, Italy.

Many of the seasonal changes occurring in animals appear to be associated with photoperiodic modifications, and particularly with the duration of the phases of exposure to light and dark. The integration of these processes is made possible by the normal functioning of biological oscillators or synchronizers, presumably located at the hypothalamic level. Cluster headache (CH), seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and bipolar mood disorders are conditions bearing numerous analogies, particularly as regards the temporal pattern of disturbances, the nature of predisposing or precipitating factors, the peculiar relationship with sleep, the neuroendocrine findings, and the clinical response to current treatments. The secretion of melatonin, which is influenced by the light/dark cycle, displays a bimodal pattern, which is likely to be dictated by the activity of distinct synchronizers for light and dark. Changes in the secretory pattern of this neurohormone have also been documented in both CH and SAD.  

So, those of you who find this interesting, great.  Just trying to explain and discuss bipolar and CH.  

I am now going to change my flag and move to Switzerland so I can be near Ueli
IP Logged

"If you can treat it over-the-counter it isn't a headache"
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

Re: http://www.mhni.com/clusterheadaches.htmlhttp:
« Reply #53 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 5:04am »

on Nov 4th, 2005, 3:35am, Spike_Inmyeye wrote:

and there are a few of you who have posted on this thread who won't be able to read the words without moving their lips, I recommend the taser, pepper spray, and clubbing therapy I discussed earlier!

Enough said!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

chewy

Email

« Reply #54 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 12:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I wish I WERE bipolar and have CH.

Then at least part of the time I could be maniacally happy about CH and look forward to my next hit with unrestrained glee.

To date. None of that has happened.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #55 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 6:01pm »

on Nov 20th, 2005, 12:16pm, chewy wrote:
I wish I WERE bipolar and have CH.

Then at least part of the time I could be maniacally happy about CH and look forward to my next hit with unrestrained glee.

To date. None of that has happened.

WTF????  I could say something as to how you don't understand manic depression, but I'll refrain from lecturing...  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2005, 6:02pm by Melissa » IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #56 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 7:52pm »

Quote:
I could say something as to how you don't understand manic depression

You could. But your already  wrong.  My degree is in psychology.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #57 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 9:05pm »

on Nov 20th, 2005, 7:52pm, chewy wrote:

You could. But your already  wrong.  My degree is in psychology.

As you are also wrong.  As I have had 27 years experience in living with someone who was bipolar.  Which is why I cannot for the life of me, understand why you would want to be bipolar along with your ch's??   A degree in psychology does not make one qualified for expertise on the subject, nor does it me for living with someone who has had it.  Unless you've walked in their shoes, how can you really understand?
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2005, 9:25pm by Melissa » IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #58 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 9:21pm »

Sorry about your situation.  

Quote:
Which is why I cannot for the life of me, understand why you would want to be bipolar along with your ch's??

Dont take everything you read so seriously.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #59 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 9:24pm »

on Nov 20th, 2005, 9:21pm, chewy wrote:
Sorry about your situation.

Don't be.  It ended four years ago when my mom died of breast cancer.

Quote:
Dont take everything you read so seriously.

I don't, only the particular things that strike a chord with me.

I don't have anything against you, I just felt the need to state my feelings about the subject.

Take care,
mel
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #60 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 11:57pm »

Spike, your attempts to make a case here have been hard to take serious.  Previously you backed up your claim with this link, which doesn't even mention bipolar:
www.mhni.com/clusterheadaches.html

Then you give us an article which only says there are "interesting similarities" clusters and SAD, not bipolar.  
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed &list_uids=9800155&dopt=Abstract
Today you give us this same article again, which notes "interesting similarities" between CH and SAD, not bipolar.

Now you give us this:
http://www.headachedrugs.com/archives2/bipolar.html
Title:      The Bipolar Spectrum in Cluster Headache Patients
Author:     (See Source References)  
Date:     Posted: December 2003    
Source:     Breslau N, Merikangas K, Bowden CL:
Comorbidity of Migraine and Major Affective Disorders.
Neurology S  1994; 44:S17-22.
Robbins L, Ludmer C: The Bipolar Spectrum in
Migraine Patients. The American Journal of Pain
Management 2000, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 167-170

Incidently, both source references do not even mention the word cluster in either article:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed &list_uids=7969941&dopt=Abstract
http://www.ajpmonline.com/search/default.asp?RF=2&page=1&by=Titl e&type=4&query=the+bipolar+spectrum+in+migraine+patients&ArticleNumber=256&Single=False&NoCache=38676.9671759259

But however, these were the results from todays article you gave us: "The Bipolar Spectrum in Cluster Headache Patients"

Results:   Of the 275 cluster patients, 134 had episodic cluster, and 141 were chronic cluster sufferers. EPISODIC CLUSTER: 8 patients (6%) fit the bipolar spectrum. 1 patient was bipolar I, 4 were bipolar II , 2 were cyclothymic, while 1 was bipolar NOS. CHRONIC CLUSTER: 10 patients (7%) were bipolar. 2 were bipolar I, 2 bipolar II, 4 cyclothymic, while 2 were bipolar NOS. COMBINED: 18/275 patients (6.5%) were bipolar. 1.1% were bipolar I, 2.2% bipolar II, 2.2% cyclothymic, and 1.1% bipolar NOS

Results: cluster sufferers 1.1% bipolar I (classic) and 6.5% fit the bipolar spectrum.  

But how does this differ from the population in general?
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/numbers.cfm
Bipolar disorder affects approximately 2.3 million American adults,5 or about 1.2 percent of the U.S. population age 18 and older in a given year.1
(cluster sufferers are on par with the population in general for classic bipolar disorder.)
----------
see # 22
http://www.psycom.net/depression.central.soft.bipolar.html
22: J Affect Disord. 2003 Jan;73(1-2):123-31.  

The prevalence and disability of bipolar spectrum disorders in the US
population
: re-analysis of the ECA database taking into account subthreshold
cases.

Judd LL, Akiskal HS.

Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego (UCSD), 9500
Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0603, USA. ljudd@ucsd.edu

CONCLUSION: These secondary analyses of the US National ECA database provide convincing evidence for the high prevalence of a spectrum of bipolarity in the community at 6.4%, and indicate that subthreshold cases are at least five times more prevalent than DSM-based core syndromal diagnoses at about 1%.

(cluster sufferers are the same as the population in general for the spectrum of bipolarity too.)

Spike, you have so far proven nothing to show any connection yet between clusters and bipolarity, in 27 days and 3 pages.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2005, 12:09am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Spike_Inmyeye
New Board Junior
Syria 

Cluster headache (CH), seasonal affective disorder
« Reply #61 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 3:14am »

I appreciate your well thought response.

The incidence of Bipolar in the USA is 1-2% according to NIMH and various authors.  Yes, you can search for higher percentages, or different definitions of bipolar.  But I will go with what the NIMH says.  If 6.5% of CH people are BP and 2% of the general population is BP then there is a statistically higher incidence of BP in CH.

Here is a good web page on BP that advocates the 1% theory.  http://www.aafp.org/afp/20000915/1343.html.  I am not advocating that all CH people are bipolar, in fact it is a small percentage, but it is something that should be noticed.  

The functional neurology article specifically discusses the "numerous analogies" between BP/CH/SAD.  Read it.  It is in the first paragraph of the pubmed summary.

You mention two important articles, both written by Dr. Robbins.  One has to do with CH and the other with Migraine.  In both articles he comments on the increased incidence of BP in both CH and Migrane headaches.  Obviously the one on Migraines doesn't discuss, directly, CH.  That is why I referenced the CH study.  The importance is that Robbins describes a statistically significant occurance of BP in both CH and Migraine.

My intent was to discuss the hypothalmus and its relationship to BP and CH.  I think we have done that with some rather interesting banter.  Some people are full of shit and if you think I am one of them then you have been talking to my spouse.  If the  hypothalmus-BP connection doesn't apply to you then go back to bowling, if it does then you have read some educated writing on both sides of the issue and you are smarter for it.

My next topic will be the relationship between bird flu and CH.

No doubt someone will once again cry fowl . . .  

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Cluster headache (CH), seasonal affective diso
« Reply #62 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 8:07am »

on Nov 21st, 2005, 3:14am, Spike_Inmyeye wrote:
The incidence of Bipolar in the USA is 1-2% according to NIMH and various authors.  Yes, you can search for higher percentages, or different definitions of bipolar.  But I will go with what the NIMH says.  If 6.5% of CH people are BP and 2% of the general population is BP then there is a statistically higher incidence of BP in CH.

Once again, you are not adequately reading what you post here.  The spectrum of bipolar in CH is 6.5%.  The spectrum of bipolar in the population in general is 6.4%.
The occurrence of bipolarity (bipolar I) in CH is 1.1%, which also matches the population in general, about 1%.  

Quote:
Here is a good web page on BP that advocates the 1% theory.  http://www.aafp.org/afp/20000915/1343.html.  I am not advocating that all CH people are bipolar, in fact it is a small percentage, but it is something that should be noticed.

The 1% has already been well stated for population in general for bipolar, as has the 1.1% in CH, which you presented to us yesterday.  
  No, you have not said all CH people are bipolar, you have said that CH and bipolarity are connected, for 28 days and 3 pages without a shred of evidence.  Maybe you have something to say, but it is apparently not here.  Perhaps one of the migraine boards would suit your information about bipolarity.  

Quote:
The functional neurology article specifically discusses the "numerous analogies" between BP/CH/SAD.  Read it.  It is in the first paragraph of the pubmed summary.

But you have said that CH and bipolar are connected.  There are numerous analogies between a dog and a cat, but they are not related.  Your article you've posted twice only indicates, in it's "bottom line", that there are "interesting similarities" between CH and SAD, not bipolar, which is only mentioned, no similarities are stated.  Here is your original posting:
Quote:
Changes in the secretory pattern of this neurohormone have also been documented in both CH and SAD. The possibility of normalizing the secretory rhythm of melatonin by means of phototherapy in SAD, and the therapeutic use of the hormone to prevent the recurrence of active phases in CH, represent further interesting similarities between these two disorders

Quote:
You mention two important articles, both written by Dr. Robbins.  One has to do with CH and the other with Migraine.  In both articles he comments on the increased incidence of BP in both CH and Migrane headaches.  Obviously the one on Migraines doesn't discuss, directly, CH.  That is why I referenced the CH study.  The importance is that Robbins describes a statistically significant occurance of BP in both CH and Migraine.

Can you show us this article and link, the "reference sources" for your last article never mentioned CH once.

Quote:
My intent was to discuss the hypothalmus and its relationship to BP and CH.  I think we have done that with some rather interesting banter.  Some people are full of shit and if you think I am one of them then you have been talking to my spouse.  If the  hypothalmus-BP connection doesn't apply to you then go back to bowling, if it does then you have read some educated writing on both sides of the issue and you are smarter for it.

Yes, you brought Prof. Goalsby into the conversation.  If he is pursuing the "connection" of CH to bipolarity, please post that link to his article as well or leave his name out of this.

I don't know about you being full of shit or not but you've attempted to cover your @ss for 4 weeks and as of yet, you've showed a lot.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2005, 8:11am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Spike_Inmyeye
New Board Junior
Syria 

« Reply #63 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 5:15pm »

It is possible, I know it is unlikely, but it is possible that Dr. Dick Swaab, who is a visiting professor at Stanford Medical School, may know a little bit more about this subject than you or me.  I reference a chapter from the book that he wrote and I have also provided you with a link to his CV.

Handbook of Clinical Neurology, 3rd Series, Vol II, chpt 80. (2004)

D.F. Swaab (http://www.nih.knaw.nl/Informa/Staff/Swaab-CV.pdf)

Human Hypothalamus Basic and Clinical Aspects:  

31.3(a) – Cluster Headache:

“. . . There are, moreover, various other analogies between cluster headache, seasonal affective disorder, and bipolar mood disorders, in addition to common seasonal patterns, i.e. the nature of predisposing or precipitating factors, the peculiar relationship with sleep, such as the temporal connection between attacks and REM sleep, the neuroendocrine findings, and clinical response to current treatments such as lithium . . . “

Kevin:  You don’t have to concede that I am correct nor do I expect you to. I think the exchange of ideas is important.    But, instead of shooting the messenger recognize that the message is important to all of us.

By the way, if you want to keep insisting that there is no connection between bipolar and cluster headaches you might want to send an email to Dr. Swaab so he doesn’t continue to waste his time on bogus research and so he can correct the apparent mistake he made in his textbook so all those neurology students don’t get the wrong idea.  Send it to Dr. Goadsby as well since they are contemporaries and their work is cited by most cluster headache researchers.

Kevin:  its bird flu baby, bird flu.  Bird flu causes CH.
IP Logged

chewy

Email

« Reply #64 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 8:11pm »

Quote:
so all those neurology students don’t get the wrong idea.

Neurologists get the wrong idea? I'm shocked.

Wouldn't want that to happen.  

Seeing how 98% of the last 8 million graduating classes of neurologists have already been well schooled in how to misdiagnose and mistreat cluster headaches.
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #65 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 8:51pm »

on Nov 21st, 2005, 5:15pm, Spike_Inmyeye wrote:
Human Hypothalamus Basic and Clinical Aspects:  

“. . . There are, moreover, various other analogies between cluster headache, seasonal affective disorder, and bipolar mood disorders, in addition to common seasonal patterns, i.e. the nature of predisposing or precipitating factors, the peculiar relationship with sleep, such as the temporal connection between attacks and REM sleep, the neuroendocrine findings, and clinical response to current treatments such as lithium . . . “

There is apparently now no absence of evidence to the fact you don't understand the difference between an analogy and a similarity.  An analogy is a "partial similarity", meaning an incomplete and possibly biased similarity.  
  In your first article posted it said:
Quote:
Cluster headache (CH), seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and bipolar mood disorders are conditions bearing numerous analogies,

In your present article quote, above, it says, as I have put in bold letters "various other analogies".

You have take this to mean there is a connection, when that is not stated, and in fact any similarities that have been found, in both articles, are incomplete and possibly biased similarities.  Similarities were only mentioned between CH and SAD.

Now upon this you stand and say:
Quote:
Posted by: Spike_Inmyeye Posted on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 5:29am  
As far as the CH is concerned there has got to be a connection.  Too many similarities
This was a falsehood, in four weeks you have not established that there is even one similarity.  Today, with four weeks of opportunity, the best you can still come up with is "various other analogies".  And upon that bit of misinformation you gave us, you self-proclaimed a "connection".
Quote:
Posted by: Spike_Inmyeye Posted on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 9:56pm  
the hypothalmus/CH/Bipolar connection is worth discussion and investigation

Posted by: Spike_Inmyeye Posted on: Nov 17th, 2005, 9:33pm  
BP and CH have been linked

There was a lot of deception here because you didn't say your "connection" or "link" was only an analogy.  See, I tend to believe that you should have a leg to stand on before you put your foot down.  You have not established anything, anywhere other than an analogy about what you are talking about.  

Quote:
Kevin:  You don’t have to concede that I am correct nor do I expect you to. I think the exchange of ideas is important.    But, instead of shooting the messenger recognize that the message is important to all of us.

How can I concede that you are correct when you have not established anything but an analogy.  And yes, any messenger that attempted the deception you have brought here, I would condemn.  It is a message of your own delusion you wish to hold.

Quote:
By the way, if you want to keep insisting that there is no connection between bipolar and cluster headaches

You have not established one yet in 4 weeks.  You've proven the occurance of bipolar in cluster sufferers is the same as the population in general.  

In all that you have said, I believe it is time you print out these words you wrote, grab a condiment and chew hardily before swallowing.  This seems to apply to you more than anyone else.
Quote:
For those of you who don't understand the polysyllabic words in the articles, and there are a few of you who have posted on this thread who won't be able to read the words without moving their lips,

To answer your question if I am aware of any connection between cluster headaches and bipolar.  

No.  You have not made me aware of any.
IP Logged
Spike_Inmyeye
New Board Junior
Syria 

« Reply #66 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 9:02pm »

You didn't comment on the bird flu connection . . .  laugh
IP Logged

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #67 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 9:22pm »

I wish the bird flu would kill this fuckin' thread.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Spike_Inmyeye
New Board Junior
Syria 

« Reply #68 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 12:16am »

Now that is very funny!!!!

As said in "Pulp Fiction."  "Thread is dead baby, thread is dead."
IP Logged

thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #69 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 12:39pm »

I find it very discouraging how quick we are to attack, the man raised a valid concern/question.  So what he used a little humor in bringing it up.  Like no one else here has EVER done that.  And pepper spray to abort?  Seems to me I've read about people using capsacian to abort right here on this very board.  Sometimes I think we maybe are a little too quick with the torches and pitchforks.  Undecided  

All kinds of brain problems, CH just being the most painful of them, thomas.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #70 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 5:51pm »

on Nov 22nd, 2005, 12:39pm, thomas wrote:
I find it very discouraging how quick we are to attack.

The guys a dick, Bro....and he loves being one if you couldnt tell.
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss