Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 10:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Zolpidem helps headache??? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Zolpidem helps headache???
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Zolpidem helps headache???  (Read 525 times)
carol2000
New Board Newbie
South_Africa 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Zolpidem helps headache???
« on: Oct 30th, 2005, 4:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,

I get a right sided pain just behind my right eye. I can't be near light at this stage as it is sooo painful, my eye becomes swollen. I have tried migrian packs, migrain tablets, nothing helps....even anti inflammatories don't help. Then because of sleeping problem, Dr put me onto 2 week course of zolpidem sleeping tablet, within 10 minutes of taking this, my eye pain goes compeletly. What on earth is causing this medicine to help so much. The other day at midday, I was in such agony, I could not work. I took half zolpidem, it knocked me a bit, but eye pain went completely. does this maybe work in same way as trepiline would work???  I would value anyones comments here....please

Thank you
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

Re: Zolpidem helps headache???
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30th, 2005, 7:58pm »

Hi Carol,

To my knowledge, the med you talk about is a sleeping pill.  Period.  I have no idea how it might help the pain in your eye.  Maybe someone more knowledgeable might come along, but this particular med is not one of the "crossover" drugs that is frequently used for clusters - it's simply a sleeping pill.

Have you been diagnosed as a cluster headache sufferer?

There are many meds and treatments available to those of us who are diagosed.  I urge you to find a doc willing to find the cause of your pain.  Once you know that, the treatments will follow.

Regardless, taking sleeping pills during the middle of the day can't possibly be good for you, and could be masking symptoms of something more serious.  Please search for a diagnosis.  Good doctors are out there, but sometimes it takes a bit of looking.

Good luck and many hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 30th, 2005, 8:43pm »

Have not heard of anyone having success with Ambien.

If it has helped or if it's just coincidence enjoy feeling good.

Be well
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 31st, 2005, 12:14am »

Hi Carol from a fellow South African.

Glad it works for you but like Kris said

Quote:
Have you been diagnosed as a cluster headache sufferer?  

There are many meds and treatments available to those of us who are diagosed.  I urge you to find a doc willing to find the cause of your pain.  Once you know that, the treatments will follow.  

Regardless, taking sleeping pills during the middle of the day can't possibly be good for you, and could be masking symptoms of something more serious.

There is a good Neuro in Pretoria, Dr Duim, tel: 012 460 2900.

He may be able to get you in touch with a neuro that knows about CH in the Cape.

Good luck and hope you get more painfree times.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
carol2000
New Board Newbie
South_Africa 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Oct 31st, 2005, 1:19am »

Thank you for your replies, I appreciate the contact number Jasmyn, thank you. I will certainly continue looking for a diagnosis, as I definately am not taking the zolpidem any more, hate tablets with a passion. Am also so desperate to get help as I have been to a Neuro who put me on something but I could not function on it, so stopped.I am alone and support myself, so have to be awake and alert to work.
Thank for your help, I will certainly look for the right Dr, as you say, they're out there, I just have to keep looking. Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss