Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 4:14pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 7 days no CH's. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   7 days no CH's.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 7 days no CH's.  (Read 292 times)
bertling
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

7 days no CH's.
« on: Nov 7th, 2005, 1:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well after 3 months the last attack was a week ago and they were ugly, had 3 doozies from about 1 a.m.-8-a.m. then they left.  
  Funny i just got into a neuro this a.m. and low and behold he was part of a research and development team working on a medication  to treat "Cluster headaches" in the 1970's.  
  He plastered me with stories of the studies and guinea pigs they had, the drug they were working on developed specifically to treat clusterheadache disorder was called BC-105 or "Sando Migraine" Apparently this med has been used to treat all sorts of headache type conditions but it was only intentded to be used for clusterheadache sufferers, he felt that was the reason it's effectiveness was downplayed for migraine sufferers.  
  They had 20 clusterheads take the medication it was not effective to one of them a 67 year old man. The rest it either eliminated the cycle completely or dramatically reduced the quality/quantity of the cycle. I've tried a quick search for information on this drug but cant seem to find anything on this site, Has anyone tried this medication? It is hard to find it but he made a phone call while i was in his office and can get it for me when or if i need again.
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

Re: 7 days no CH's.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 7th, 2005, 3:03pm »

Hi Bertling.

Sorry don't know much about the meds you asked about just glad you're pain free thumb
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: 7 days no CH's.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 7th, 2005, 4:31pm »

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed &list_uids=4391566&dopt=Abstract

http://jnnp.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/72/suppl_2/ii19

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:vtuyKbAgdKUJ:www.biomedcentral.com/c ontent/pdf/cto-ne5614.pdf+BC-105+FOR+CLUSTER+HEADACHES&hl=en

at work and can't read but i did fine these.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss