Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 5:35pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Does this looks like the end of the cycle? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Does this looks like the end of the cycle?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Does this looks like the end of the cycle?  (Read 477 times)
CHater
New Board Newbie
Belgium 

I hope sex is not a trigger, hehe...

Does this looks like the end of the cycle?
« on: Nov 13th, 2005, 4:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Goodevening all!

Haven't been heer for a few years as I have been PF for that time. Sorry, but this doesn't mean I don't feel with you all what you're going through. I am a cluster patient for about 15 years now.

But as you all probably know.. luckily pain has a short memory.

Well unfortunately (for the pain of course) I am back.

I am in a cycle since the end of september. I'll try to share my experience of it with you.

In the beginning  I had only night attacks skip 7 to 9.

Mu osteopate treated me 3 times and I was completely PF for a week about 2 weeks ago. I even had lotsa beers and wine and ..hehe fun those days.

For over 10 days I got back in a cluster and letted me treath by another chiropracticer who also did some acupuncture. After this first treatment, 4 days ago, I had 4 attacks in one night but only at skip 4-5 and they lasted for about 20 to 45 min. each.  I tryed to stop them with gafergot (ergotamine) which was quite succesfull. No more immitrex or O2 in the house.

As from yesterday I have pretty good sleeps (with 6 grams melatonine before bedtime and 2 x 250 mg. Lithium a day).  Now I have only about 3 light attacks a day. Severity is acceptable between skip 3-4 but the special is that they only last for about 5 minutes. Even when I don't use medication to abort them, they go away after that short time.  

I know I am lucky when I read all your stories, but I have been bouncing myself and thus I really feel with you.

Now my question :

Do you think I am getting to the end of my cycle ?? Does anyone experienced a similar situation ?

As far as I remember my earlier clusters a few years ago(as I said, pain has a bad memory), I remember they suddenly stopped from one day to another.... and it was always 48 hrs. after I had seen my osteopath.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and sharing your experience.

Have a good and PF sleep you all!!!

Herwig
IP Logged

It hurts..but relax and stay positive.
Our life isn't in danger by CH, only life-quality is somehow affected.
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

Re: Does this looks like the end of the cycle?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14th, 2005, 10:07am »

Herwig, when my last cycle ended, I went about 2 weeks where I had 1 pf night, and 2 nights with attacks, then 2 pf nights, 1 with attack, etc. Did that for about two weeks, with low intensity in each attack. Then had 2 PF weeks, then I had 1 daytime hit, kip 8 or 9. Kind of like the last bang. Then for about 2 weeks I had only shadows, then it all stopped.

Hope this helps.
IP Logged
CHater
New Board Newbie
Belgium 

I hope sex is not a trigger, hehe...

Re: Does this looks like the end of the cycle?
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14th, 2005, 10:41am »

Sure this helps... The one last bang is just what scares me now..haha.

Thanks for the reply.

Wish you a lot of PF days
IP Logged

It hurts..but relax and stay positive.
Our life isn't in danger by CH, only life-quality is somehow affected.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss