Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 8:09am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ???/updated 11-23-05 »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   ???/updated 11-23-05
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ???/updated 11-23-05  (Read 771 times)
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

???/updated 11-23-05
« on: Nov 15th, 2005, 11:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey

I want to appologize for not being a good supporter to everyone lately/ around much lately.

I don't have the energy with the pain of switching sides or so I think & its being a real dosey.  Been getting piercing pains so bad and so sudden that I just want to scream.  Funny thing is it isn't just on my usual Left side but has also been happening on the right.  Not at the same time but like it wants to take turns.  Last night I had the most god awful pain right behind my Right ear and got hit from there. Undecided Cry

I am not posting for sympathy just want to know if any of you know how long I am going to be in this limbo phase of not knowing which side of my head is going to get hit...Of course we are all different .  But just the same can those that have experienced this post how long it took them to officially change.  Am just curious.

Thanks all....Kim
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2005, 1:27am by KMT » IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

Re: ???
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15th, 2005, 12:02pm »

sorry kim cant help you on that one Cry Cry
but hey i'll send you twice the vibes. Grin Grin(the ones for the left got the x's on themWink )
zany
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 15th, 2005, 1:02pm »

Kim,
 You may want to consider having one of the dr's at the hospital you are training at have a look at you.

It's time for someone new!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Nov 15th, 2005, 1:50pm »

Kim, I gotta go with Eric here. I think it's time to see a new dr.  
I've had episodes on the "other" side, and I sometimes get "ping-pong" shadows. I've never had ping-pong hits.  
Your meds aren't really working for you, and some of your descriptions are atypical, maybe a new doc and new meds (or a good try at an alternative) are what's needed.
pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
bnfreeman
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 15th, 2005, 2:22pm »

Kim-

I got hit like that last winter. I wasn't on any preventatives either. Just used trex and O2. It went on for 5 months. Now they just stay on the right side. It was about the same time I got a new doc. But like you said everyone is different. Hope you have some relief soon!

Brandi
IP Logged
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 15th, 2005, 3:59pm »

Hey all

To answer the advise on a new doctor, I will be seeing a new neurologist on the 1st of December.  Not to far away I guess.  Recently I saw a different Doc other then my usual because mine is on maturnaty leave and she was so apprehensive it wasn't even funny.  I mentioned Lithium and she said she didn't feel comfortable perscribing  that for a Head ache. Undecided

Nani Quote:
I've had episodes on the "other" side, and I sometimes get "ping-pong" shadows. I've never had ping-pong hits.  
some of your descriptions are atypical
So what I am experiencing is not normal to CH?   Undecided

Brandi Quote:
I got hit like that last winter. I wasn't on any preventatives either. Just used trex and O2. It went on for 5 months. Now they just stay on the right side.
Nice to hear that I am not alone in this.  Thanks for your reply.

Thanks  Cry
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #6 on: Nov 15th, 2005, 9:27pm »

Quote:
Last night I had the most god awful pain right behind my Right ear and got hit from there.

That's the part that struck me as "atypical" in this post. Every now and then you post something that makes me wonder if you don't have more than one kind of headache going on sometimes. I'm just thinking out loud here...which is why I think it's time to see another dr. I'm glad that's coming up soon. Are you keeping a headache diary? This would be the time to start if you aren't. hugs and pf wishes, nani

edited for spelling
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2005, 9:28pm by nani » IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
bnfreeman
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 15th, 2005, 11:30pm »

Nani could be on to something. I know I have migraines too. Right now I have a "new" kind of headache going on that I will talk to my doc about on Thursday. I am also going to ask to be put on the list for a head transplant. Good vibes coming at ya!!

Brandi
IP Logged
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 16th, 2005, 7:41am »

Nani, Brandi, and Eric

Have to admit that the last few days have been different then I am use to.  I am usually use to a reve up to the pain.  Lately some of it has been so strong with so much pressure for long periods of time and somewhere in there they escalte to a wopper of a hit out of no where.  Tried Trex 2mg and had to go up to 8mg and finally it died down some plus Melatonin and Verapamil helped with sleep.  I know that I am shadowing bad at night because I dream that I am about to get hit.  Sleeping in the recliner and so on.

Nani the Right ear thing was definitely strange no doute about that.  

Lord only knows what is going on with me, but I am ready for it to stop by any means.

Thanks for the impute.

Kim
IP Logged

KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 16th, 2005, 7:43am »

zany Quote:
sorry kim cant help you on that one    
but hey i'll send you twice the vibes.  (the ones for the left got the x's on them )
hugTY Zany
IP Logged

kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #10 on: Nov 16th, 2005, 10:47pm »

CryKim I'm so sorry to hear you're getting hit from all sides in so many ways.  Will be praying that your new doctor has some insight into headaches and that you get relief soon.
Kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 10:15am »

Thanks Kathy

The story of my life.  I hope the new doc has insight as well.  Am losing confidence and am more sceptical but trying to remain positive.

Take care....Kim
IP Logged

Chonas
New Board Junior
Argentina 

Can I buy you a drink?

« Reply #12 on: Nov 18th, 2005, 11:37am »

My last cycle began as usual on my right side, it was shorter than normal it stayed there, the way we all know, during 2 months, I was happy when it began to fade away in such a short time, but... all of a sudden it started again but now on my left side and it took 4 extra endless months to recover. It was the first time that it switched sides in 15 years, now I know it works  
fine on both sides.
My actual cycle has not been treating me nicely, it happens to be one of those very bad ones, but I'm entering the 4th month and it should be close to its end.
IP Logged

Here we go again...
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #13 on: Nov 19th, 2005, 2:47am »

sending you vibes too chonas Grin Grin
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 10:10am »

Kim, I'm so sorry that you get no break from this! Cry

Like Eric said I also think it is time for something new or like Nani said an alternative treatment.  

<<<<<<<<<<<<<Vibes and Hugs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You just keep on talking to us.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 10:19am »

CryOh if this is somthing new  CryI'd give anything to know what it is and how to make it stop. Cry  I don't get it but what I do get is I hurt so bad.   CryCouldn't sleep well last night woke up early this morning. CryIf it is the beast, he is toying with me and I am fed up. CryPlease please make it stop....  Cry UndecidedThink on the board out loud.

Dec 1st in the AM Neuro appt. (10 Crydays Cryaway) Undecided

Take care everyone.  Kim PF wishes to you all
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2005, 10:20am by KMT » IP Logged

unsolved1

Email

Re: ???/updated 11-21-05
« Reply #16 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 12:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

For my first 12 years as a clusterhead, I got hit on the right side only. Then, out of nowhere, I was getting hits on the left side about 75% of the time for about 2 years. Now, they have settled on the left side 100% of the time. "Ping-pong" hits are possible, I'm living proof  Undecided

PF Wishes
UNsolved
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #17 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 1:17pm »

Hi Kim.

Sorry to hear your getting hit so hard.

Looks like you have been around here a long time and heard a lot of tricks over time.  

I have never had the pain switch sides but I certainly know where your at in frustration levels.

Sleep for me has been down to about 2 hrs past few days. Pain and attacks have been allmost non stop for a few weeks now. Levels have been extreme.  

I am also unmedicated in any way right now. By choice.

The reason I bring this up is that in the past allmost all the meds including trex caused additional problems beyond our normal though extreme CH. (In addition for me they had no effect on stopping, lessening, or preventing an attack).

Having had a lot of pactice and only my own feelings to go on The effects ranged from being constant shadow,  to a foggy head that was unable to focus in any way. Which in turn of course made the pain totally unbearable and the ability to recover nil.

I have to wonder for you, if whatever meds you are taking might be increasing the issues of pain, shadow and recovery.

Considering whats been said above you might strongly look at how each med affects you other than just controlling an individual attack. Might indeed be time for a complete change in your medications. A good discussion for the doc. The preventative drugs would be the first to look at and maybe the trex has to go too.
Might be other drugs wich work well as replacements.

I am not at all suggesting you go unmedicated cause it still hurts like hell but for me it is far easier to deal with pain and recovery without other medicinal influences that muck up and confuse what we feel.

wishing you some better days.

MJ
IP Logged

MJ
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 9:52pm »

Undecided CryHey all me again just checking in.  Not sure what is going on with my head.  Yesturday in the middle of working out after 25 min. I got this sharp pain unlike what I am use to on my right side of my head which again is the opposite of my normal.  Following that the pain continued and I got so shakey that I couldn't even type a words.  I got weak.  Still getting stuff on the left.  Who knows.  If any of you have any insite please share...TY

Take care and PF wishes.......Kim
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss