Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 8:12am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Getting worse? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Getting worse?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Getting worse?  (Read 1229 times)
CHater
New Board Newbie
Belgium 

I hope sex is not a trigger, hehe...

Getting worse?
« on: Nov 20th, 2005, 7:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here I am again...

Getting a bit frustrated by my longest cluster in 15 years, in it for 10 weeks now with a 5 days break when I was on a short holliday in Cyprus, strange ???

I really feel with the chronics...

I had a second treatment with acupuncture but in the 48 hrs. after every treatment I get hit 4 to 5 times a night, luckily only between a kip 4 -6.

Right now (48 hrs. after treatment) I have a constant pain for 3 hours right now Kip2-3, looks a bit like rebound HA but with CH characteristics.  Never had this before.

My pain side of my face is oversensitive and don't know if I should take meds for this or not....?

I really hope I am getting close to the end of my cycle.  

Does anyone had similar experience with acupuncture ? I think I have to stop the treatment because it is worsening the number of attacks, luckily the severity of the attacks are a little less.
Or maybe I just get more used to the pain and it's just an impression they are less painfull.

But damn it still hurts like hell and wanna be out of it!!!

Sorry for yelling, but need to leave my frustration somewhere. I know you guys don't care and understand why I want to write these stuff down here.

Anybody with similar experiences by acupuncture ?
IP Logged

It hurts..but relax and stay positive.
Our life isn't in danger by CH, only life-quality is somehow affected.
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Re: Getting worse?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 8:32am »

I had acupuncture and after every treatment I got hit BAD, so I quit it. Didn't get hit near as bad after I quit. It may have just been me, but I think it triggered mine. Sorry to be doom and gloom about it.

sorry you're having a rough time of it. Since I'm chronic, I can relate to you. But you've got something to look forward to - a light at the end of the tunnel.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

CHater
New Board Newbie
Belgium 

« Reply #2 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 9:16am »

Dear Barbara,

Sorry to hear you have our chronic version, sjeezz I really feel with you.

As mentioned earlier, I also got hit a lot more after acupuncture treatment.

He set me for a 3th appointment coming friday, but I think I will cancel that as it is getting worse instead of better.

Normally I get some help by my Osteopate, but this cluster he brought some reliefs but no real cure as the other times. This is why i tried acupuncture, bad decision I notice now.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences with me and I really-really hope you get a lot of PF days soon.

IP Logged

unsolved1

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 11:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I had acupuncture at MHNI. It made no difference at all. I was still getting hit hard.

Best of luck

UNsolved
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 12:01pm »

Had acupuncture treatments as well in the past.

Did nothing for the pain, but relieved some knots in neck and shoulders.

I was allways curious as to how this might go if the accupuncture were performed in the midst of an attack if one could sit for it.

Seems we all do a little accu pressure at that time.
IP Logged

MJ
CHater
New Board Newbie
Belgium 

« Reply #5 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 2:45pm »

Thanks for your info guys!

Guess I'd better stop the acupuncture and go back to my osteopath.

He aborted 4 clusters in the past. However he couldn't cut this one down, but I still got more faith in him.  

The reason I went to see the other one is that he's so fully booked. He always does me favours by taking me in between. He's aware of the severeness of our CH pains I guess.

i let you know my experience on me going back!

Have a PF sleep !

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 3:39am »

Herwig,

If you get ANY relief from your D.O. by all means get back to him. Some releif if better than none. And try some O2 - it works so well for so many. Along with the adjustments, it might just do the trick for you.  

Black coffee will abort the onset of CH for me if I get to it soon enough (like when I first wake up with a 3-4 or when I feel one coming on during the day). But it has to be before they get past a 4). Try that with some O2 and see how that works for you. It's natural, cheap and fast.  

When I start tugging on my left ear, my four year old grandson, runs for the O2 bottle and starts yelling, "Granny Breathe!" He doesn't like to see Granny's eye swell shut and knows that O2 will usually stop it and Granny will be back to her normal grouchy self in a few minutes.  Angry

PF days to you

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

CHater
New Board Newbie
Belgium 

« Reply #7 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 12:34pm »

Dear Barbara,

Thanks for the support and advise.

I did use OČ in the past and it did help but not always.

The last 2 weeks I mostly did fight against it without any meds unless they passed kip6, then I took ergotamine (cafergot).

As you probably noticed in some other topics, I feel like I am getting out of this cluster.

I really hope to confirm you this in a day or 2 when I did the test with some glasses of wine, hehehe

Thanks a lot for your concern and I really hope you find PF  time very soon as well.

BR
IP Logged

vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 3:02pm »

since you're willing to examine alternatives...
why don't you look at www.clusterbusters.com?
 Grin
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss