Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 2:48pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I think the end is in sight... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I think the end is in sight...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I think the end is in sight...  (Read 631 times)
mabus
New Board Newbie
USA 

And the Beast shall be named Mabus - Nostradamus

I think the end is in sight...
« on: Nov 20th, 2005, 4:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Last night, I only awoke with one CH, maybe a K4.5, and was able to get it gone and back to sleep without any Imitrex.

Friday night, I had one K6 in the early evening (kind of unusual for me), took a 2mg shot, and made it through the rest of the night without anything.

So it's been almost 48 hrs of no Imitrex, and the CHs seem to be downtrending from the nastiness of early November when I was turning my thighs into Swiss cheese.

I still have some minor shadows at most times, but even they seem to be winding down.

It's a nice feeling to have my life back, and maybe in a few weeks, I can celebrate with a glass of wine, knowing that it won't be bringing the Beast back into my life.

Looking back over the past 6 weeks, I think that this CH cycle was less debilitating than they were many years ago.  My previous cycle, 2 years ago, was of curse annoying as hell, but again - not as bad and crippling as cycles were 10-20+ years ago.

I'm 45.  Have others noticed thas as they get older that the cycles seem to be less intense, or is it that I'm just learning to cope with it better as I get older?

Wishing PFDaN for all and a public awareness of the need for funding of research that will help us all with CH.
IP Logged

.mm
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: I think the end is in sight...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 8:03pm »

on Nov 20th, 2005, 4:05pm, mabus wrote:

I'm 45.  Have others noticed thas as they get older that the cycles seem to be less intense, or is it that I'm just learning to cope with it better as I get older?

Smiley Way to go, mabus  Cheesy
I'm 58 and yes it seems like the older I get the less the attacks arrive and with less venon.
Usually they come on because I don't take my own advice. (see the tag line)
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
jangus
New Board Newbie
USA 

From under the Redwood Canopy

« Reply #2 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 8:24pm »

Hey BobG
Congratulations on your coming exit... I wish I was there... but hopefully I'm not too far behind you.

I'm 49 and I've always heard that they get easier with age, but can't really say I'm a prime example of that theory. I've had some of my absolute worst when I was 45 -46.

As you may or may not have seen, I've been having "Quantum Energetics" therapy since 2002 with pretty good success. Check it out here:
http://quantumenergeticshealing.com/aboutqe.html

I've also been doing the 9mg of melatonin, O2 at onset, Maxalt when things get ugly... 12mg Dilaudid when things get really ugly... and ER for a muscle shot of Demerol when things get absolutly impossible. Fortunetely, I haven't had to visit the ER this cycle.

The Quantum Energetics kept me PF for 3 years and 1 month... the longest ever since I became a clusterhead back in 1980. Typically 12 - 18 months between each cycle for me.

Good luck on that exit bro...  

PEACE!
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2005, 8:37pm by jangus » IP Logged

"Don't 'cha touch hard liquor,
just a cup of cold coffee...
gonna get up in the morning
and go."
CHater
New Board Newbie
Belgium 

I hope sex is not a trigger, hehe...

« Reply #3 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 2:27am »

Nice to hear for you, and I am following you very close I guess.

Just had also my first complete PF night now. The night before I still had 4 attacks in 1 night, luckily only Kips 4-6, a sad record.

But right now, So excited I even posted this message for the second time on different boards. But I guess you guys understand my enthoesiasm. My body feels like outside a cluster, but I wait a few more PF days to finalise this 10 weeks cluster.

I am 43 and I am not sure if my attacks are getting less hard. But I am sure that I can deal better with the pain then in the past.

Keep us posted on your outcome.

Good luck to all of you.
IP Logged

It hurts..but relax and stay positive.
Our life isn't in danger by CH, only life-quality is somehow affected.
brainfreeze
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 11:22am »

I hope this note finds you on the pain free road. Grin
I too have tried to compare attacks from late twenties to early forties and I believe that the pain is just as intense but knowing the course (so to speak)  makes it a better ride.  Not the the CH is any 'better' in your forties,  it's just having the knowledge that didn't accompany them when first diagnosed.  It took me several years to find my 'pain' niche as sad as that may sound.  They are just as intense though.  

Good question...  PFDAN's to everyone. Kiss
IP Logged

Susan
mabus
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 2:26pm »

So things are definitely getting better.  Sunday night was totally PF, even though I am still suffering from some sleepus interruptus.  Monday night I had a K2 that was easy to deal with, and went away on it's own.

No need for Imitrex since the meager 2mg dose last Friday night, which is a victory in itself.

This cycle is making an exit, hopefully it will never return, and I'm tempted to try one of the alternative therapies discussed early next fall as a prophylactic.

I want to wish PFDAN to all, especially during the holidays.  I'll check in once in a while, and thank all for the support during this last cycle.  This site is a Godsend.
IP Logged

.mm
RobHealy
New Board Newbie
USA 

Pain is no evil unless it conquers us.

robhealy5

« Reply #6 on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 12:25pm »

Mabus,

Awesome... my best wishes to you for a continuted cycle end.

I thought I was out of mine two weeks ago after 5 weeks, and for all intents and purposes I was.  Went out, had 4 beers in one evening, slept well, etc.

I guess my zeal for partying wasn't looked upon favorably by the Cluster Demons! Wink  Got my first switch in 10 years and am right back in cycle again.

It really is strange though how as soon the attack slips away you get this really optimistic feeling come over you.  Even if I KNOW I am knee-deep in cycle,  after beating a K6 - K9 I tell myself I am in the clear.

It's almost like a really bad co-dependent relationship!

My best to you Smiley
-Rob
IP Logged
CHater
New Board Newbie
Belgium 

« Reply #7 on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 12:39pm »

Rob,

Looks like me...

Had a long sleep last sunday after 5 light-attacks  that night.  
Felt pretty good after being slleping in bed 12 hrs.  Sunday to monday, NO attacks.. felt superstrong in the morning as being out of cycle.

Usually my cycles end from 1 day to another, so I thought I was through.
Monday night been playing a nice hockey game and having the regular beers after it. (Just 3 !)

1 hour later ....fuck .... CH attack kip 7/8.

Since then (wednesday now) very sensitive on my bad side, especially skin and the shell of my ear.

This morning 5am another attack kip 5.

Damn ... I thought it was over but no.

Grrr, I hope I can be back here soon with the good message.
IP Logged

mabus
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 5:29pm »

I usually wait a couple of weeks (at least!) post cycle before I drink anything at all (tough, because I'm in the wine business...), because I want to be absofuckinglutely positive I'm done with them.

How long do you normally wait before consuming alcohol again?  Looks like many are quick back into it!
IP Logged

.mm
CHater
New Board Newbie
Belgium 

« Reply #9 on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 10:54pm »

In the past when I ended a cluster, I was usually pretty right when I felt it was over.
At that time, no need to diet or avoid any triggers. The very same day as I felt like this, I could immediately pick up my 'normal' life as outside a cluster.

This cluster is really tricking me. He cheated on me allready 3 times in the last 10 weeks as pretending it was over.

Personally, I don't think alcohol or cheese or whatever extends the cluster. It just triggers the attacks.
For me they are the indicator to test if Im through with the cluster or not.

But I don't test this every day tho, it f*ck*n' hurts too much to do so.  I only do my trigger test when I feel like being out of it and when I don't have the dayly attack at the usual hour, which is 6 hrs. after I fell asleep.

FYI : It is 4.50 am here, I am awake now because I just ended an attack a kip7  that started 45 min. ago.   Went to bed around 10 last night...can you imagine.

Gonna try to get some sleep right away when I feel a little relax again.

Take care
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss