Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 12:12am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What the hell is wrong with my tooth? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What the hell is wrong with my tooth?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What the hell is wrong with my tooth?  (Read 729 times)
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

What the hell is wrong with my tooth?
« on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 6:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Help me out here.  All opinions welcome.

About 2 and a half years ago I had a root canal on my bottom back tooth on the left side.  At that time I was having terrible tooth pain.  After the root canal, I had sporadic relief, but never to the extent that I did before the root canal.  After a while, I thought that it was the result of my clusters, rather than any real tooth problem.  

Caveat - it is on the left side.  My clusters are 95% right sided.

In August, my dentist told me (I am in a new city now mind you) that the root canal was not done right.  I looked at the x rays, and it was obvious that it wasn't done right.  So, I plunked down the $1500 bucks for a redo.  A second damn root canal on the same tooth.  At that time I was convinced that it was probably the tooth, not the clusters.

The last 3 weeks the damn tooth has started to hurt again.  The last 3 days unbearable.  I go in today, and they can't find anything wrong with it.  The root canal was good.  x rays look good.  No pain when they tap it, or when I bite down.  Only a constant sharp pain in the stupid tooth.  She says it may be an infection, but she doesn't think so.  Gives me antibiotics to be sure.  But she says she thinks it may be due to the cluster headaches.

Other caveat - have had about 4 weeks virtually pain free (virtually because of 2 clusters in the first 2 weeks, and 2 pretty bad meegrains since).  My chronic cycle of 14 months has been broken/interrupted by the "alternative" therapy (I am shadowing this week though, and will dose again as soon as is possible).

So, all of that is to say: What the hell is wrong with my tooth?  I want to knock the stupid thing out.  It hurts like crazy.  Could this be from the clusters, even though it is on the left side, and I have been virtually PF for 4 weeks?  Or, is the tooth defective?

Sorry for the long post and crying,

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: What the hell is wrong with my tooth?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 6:42pm »

Slightly different but a few months ago I had an infected wisdom tooth that I was having difficulty with.

Along with that pain I had what appeared to be clusters on that side...it was left.I am typically a righty.

I had them yank it.

No more tooth pain and back to righty I went.

Who knows....and it was cheaper than having a root canal

good luck Casey
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 7:06pm »

Yank the fucker!...
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 7:06pm »

gitcherass 2 a dentist!
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 7:22pm »

Damn tooth.

The trigeminal nerves do run down by the teeth. My teeth hurt sometimes while having quality hits.

I think I had seen someone write while checking out the site somewhere that CH actually happened more in the teeth area. But they didnt say Tooth.

MJ
IP Logged

MJ
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 7:29pm »

The yellow/orange nerve is the CH pain transport highway.

IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 7:36pm »

Jonny, thats one of the better pics I've seen pretty informative.

IP Logged

MJ
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 7:44pm »

on Nov 22nd, 2005, 7:36pm, MJ wrote:

Jonny, thats one of the better pics I've seen pretty informative.

I have not been posting here everyday for over six years for nothing and or learned nothing, my friend Grin
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 11:09pm »

on Nov 22nd, 2005, 7:06pm, Jonny wrote:
Yank the fucker!...

I told them that's what I wanted, but they said that at 29, I really should think twice about having the tooth pulled.  They also said that the teeth would spread to fill the gap, so I should have something put in its place, like an implant.

I think they were trying to get me to pay for an/another root canal.

I told the endodontist today that I have spent too much money on this stupid tooth (something like $3000 so far), and if anything else needed to be done to it, I wanted it pulled.

Thanks for the input everyone.  I just know that some have had experience with dental work and CH.

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 1:04am »

Casey, get the thing pulled, it is a pain in the head you can do without!

on Nov 22nd, 2005, 7:44pm, Jonny wrote:

I have not been posting here everyday for over six years for nothing and or learned nothing, my friend Grin

Now after looking at that pretty pic, why can't they just pull that yellow/orange nerve and make it a CH transport no-way?
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 2:56am »

In 1999 I had a similar experience. I had had a root canal on a upper left tooth several years before. When I was going through the stages of the root canal I had told my dentist that I was experiencing pain. He said that it was impossible because he had taken the nerve out. So, he waited an extra three weeks to finish the job. 1 year after it was completed I started to get unusual pain in that tooth. Went to a different doctor as the pain got stronger....He found that the canal had been broken at the tip and he said that it would never have appeared in an x-ray. Long and short...........had it pulled----problem was resolved !!!
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 6:12pm »

on Nov 22nd, 2005, 7:06pm, Jonny wrote:
Yank the fucker!...

and
Quote:
I have not been posting here everyday for over six years for nothing and or learned nothing, my friend

and I hope y'all know that jonny hasn't taken a bite out of a trolls's a$$ in a couple years with one of his OWN teef.... his store bought choppers are sure pretty, tho....

(did I just say: "that's a reyull purty mouth ya got there.... ? )

heh....
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss