Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 12:52am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « "residual" pain »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   "residual" pain
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: "residual" pain  (Read 10711 times)
irishsettergal
New Board Newbie
USA 

"residual" pain
« on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 10:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all.  I just found this site and have really enjoyed reading your insightful posts.  I feel like I constantly have some kind of head/face pain that lingers after an attack.  Four days ago I had a full blown attack and it lasted most of the day.  Since then I have a dull, yet constant, ache on the right side of my head (the side that gets the attacks) kinda like the feeling one might get after a serious head injury.  This will usually last about a week and may taper off until the next attack.  Does anyone else experience this?  Over the counter stuff doesn't take the pain away.  Sometimes I feel like the dull pain is going to take over so I go outside or keep busy to keep my mind off it.  Does this make sense?
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: "residual" pain
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 11:48am »

Some residual sensitivity--to the point of mild pain--is not uncommon but I don't recall hearing of this lasting for several days. Which is not to say it's not possible.  

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 11:56am »

after a particularly long bout of dancing i.e. 4-5 k8-k9 in a short space of time yes there has been residual pain, quite intense but nothing like the hit itself this has lasted 2-3 days at a time.
I think it might be because of the trigamathingy nerve having a sensory overload in those times
mytwocents
ian
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
yikes-another-one
New Board Old Timer
USA 

dancenshout2002   joyflheart2004
Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 4:20pm »

Lips Sealed

yep.

when it's a bad one,
I can feel  a "footprint"
where the beast had his tempertamtrum
and stomped on my brain.

It fades....ometimes in 20 minutes...
a few time it lasted ...well, i fell asleeep
and then woke up and it still hurt there....

It' almost bareable...
knowing it isnt a level 10...
but still makes you wonder,
what i going on in there....

IP Logged

Psalm 23 - Goodness and mercy shall follow US all the days of our lives and WE will dwell in the house of LOVE forever.
gore2424
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Camero's "RULE"

52473361 52473361   gore2424   gore2424
Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 9:05pm »

i am chronic and i have a 3-4 24/7 on right temple
IP Logged

what the hamsalad was that ¿?¿
I said your hair looks nice Ü
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 24th, 2005, 2:14am »

I get the same thing. I had a major attack last wednesday night, and after the heavy pain went slightly away ( about three hours) I had the long lasting dull pain for four days. I also had quite a few spikes of brutal attacks in between. Every two -to-three years when I get into a cycle , something different happens and it just blows me away. So little has been discussed about clusters through the years that very few "normal" people even know what they are. I went to a neurologist the other day and he prescribed "prednisone" and " verapamil" AND 'oxygen' IF THEY CONTINUED AFTER TAKING THE 2 MEDS AFTER THREE DAYS !!! After 1 day the major pain is gone and I actually slept over 4 hours last night..This is a major accomplishment for me.............I am very thankful for this board because when I tell family and friends about what I am going through they all say the same thing..." yeah I get headaches too." MAKES YOU WANT TO EDUCATE THEM....BUT I ALWAYS END UP FORGIVING THEM FOR THEIR IGNORANCE.
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 24th, 2005, 8:22pm »

on Nov 24th, 2005, 2:14am, zwibbs wrote:
I am very thankful for this board because when I tell family and friends about what I am going through they all say the same thing..." yeah I get headaches too." MAKES YOU WANT TO EDUCATE THEM....BUT I ALWAYS END UP FORGIVING THEM FOR THEIR IGNORANCE.

zwibbs
Try this link, print it & give it to the people you need to understand what's happening.

http://www.mhni.com/faqs_cluster.html

Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 25th, 2005, 1:03am »

Thanks Barry!! I'm alittle bummed out , even with the new meds I had a bell-ringer this very night. I guess I am just going to have to be patient with everything. Thanks again.scott
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 26th, 2005, 7:10am »

I still get angry at my family for NOT understanding (thank goodness for this site). They've gotten to the point of just sighing and looking at the ceiling when Mom has one of her "headaches". I just want to shake them!! My four year old grandson can spot the signs - when Granny starts rubbing her left ear, he runs for the O2 and starts yelling, "Granny BREATHE!" I really think he understands more than his Mom and Dad who have lived with them since the onset back years ago. Caleb stands by (he knows not to touch me) and waits till the headache subsides, then puts up the O2 and comes back and hugs me and tells me he loves me and makes it all better. I think his parents should take lessons.  

Good luck at educating your family.  

And yes, the residual pain hangs on.... I'm chronic and my left side is always tender and there are places that "smart" if touched. Especially around my ear.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 26th, 2005, 8:49am »

Residual pain is very real for me.  Like many have said here it happens after a long and high Kip hit.

It is like looking in a mirror, you see yourself but it is not the real you.  This residual pain is exactly for me like that.

It is still like a hit but it is not real... like a hit looking back at itself in the mirror.

The only problem with this residual pain is that you can live with it but it is exhausting to a point where you actually wish for another hit and hope the residual would have washed away at the end of that hit.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 26th, 2005, 9:18am »

on Nov 26th, 2005, 8:49am, Jasmyn wrote:

The only problem with this residual pain is that you can live with it but it is exhausting to a point where you actually wish for another hit and hope the residual would have washed away at the end of that hit.

Exactly.
I always prefer to have a real banger an dbe done with it than to have anything lingering.

Stop teasing and come already!
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
irishsettergal
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #11 on: Nov 26th, 2005, 6:03pm »

Thanks everyone for the replies.  It makes me feel "normal" hearing other people KNOW what I'm talking about.  Like so many of you explained, the lingering pain sometimes is worse because you can function with it but you don't know what is around the corner.  My family thinks I'm crazy when I explain my headaches.  I either need to eat more, sleep less, exercise more or be alone in order for the pain to stop.  If that was all it took I'd be cured ten years ago!  It's great knowing there are other people out there who "get it".  I really appreciate you all.

Meggen
IP Logged
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #12 on: Nov 27th, 2005, 12:50am »

I'd call it hypersensative face, jaw, scalp, eye brow, etc.   Typically level of discomfort is consistent with severity of attack but by Noon things usually get pretty much back to normal - jost so I get to do it all over again the next day.  Life is grand.

Tom
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss